jump to last post 1-16 of 16 discussions (16 posts)

Do you believe in prayers ?

1. abhishek.genius profile image60
    abhishek.geniusposted 7 years ago

Do you believe in prayers ?

2. twobmad profile image79
    twobmadposted 7 years ago

Yes I do believe in prayers. I myself have experienced the effect of prayer. I never believed prayer in tears before, but I know I believe it. Now every time I am in crisis, this is the best weapon that I have.

3. Aisha Maragarette profile image59
    Aisha Maragaretteposted 7 years ago

yes absolutely , prayer is the way to communicate with god. As i always do every time i achieve something also in time of difficulties.

4. Claudin_Dayo profile image59
    Claudin_Dayoposted 7 years ago

Definitely smile I had personally tried it a couple of times and it really works ! When you pray you can actually say everything to God, after that you'll feel lighter. Remember that when you pray you are 'reporting for duty'.. .

5. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 7 years ago

I do and the reason is that some things I've prayed for could have only come to pass by divine intervention.  After all, I pray for help when it is something way beyond my control.  Good question.

6. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 7 years ago

Yep. Its a time to share private thoughts and feelings, and my gratitude and appreciation to God.
    Not only in times of trials and obstacles, but also in the good times..

7. Shelvajay profile image57
    Shelvajayposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do.  In good times and bad times, in gratitude and in troubles, I do believe in prayers.  As I have gotten older, I have learned not only to pray when I need something.  I have learned to pray for others, and to pray just to say Thank You God!

8. Blessitbe profile image61
    Blessitbeposted 7 years ago

Yes, I do believe in prayers. It’s a way to build a personal relationship with your creator and he will help you & guide you in your life. If you allow him in, the power of pray is a GIFT.

9. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 7 years ago

Yes, prayers definitely exist.

10. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

not in the least. in fact when i see people saying pray for this group or person i want to yell at them and say if prayers worked, this disaster would never have happened in the first place. secondly it bothers me because some people put more faith and trust in something that has never been proven then they do in their fellow man.

11. Ruchira profile image76
    Ruchiraposted 7 years ago

Praying definitely puts the mind to rest when we are juggling between things which we do not like.
    But the certainty of our prayers being answered is not there. It is the Karma issue that comes along and by praying we learn to accept that whatever we will get is our Destiny.

12. mkvealsh profile image60
    mkvealshposted 7 years ago

Not prayer in general.  Prayer to God, our Creator and Lord, yes.  But in order to pray to Him, we must first know Him and accept Him as Lord.  This can be accomplished by reading His Word to learn of Him.

13. InspiredHippy profile image75
    InspiredHippyposted 7 years ago

100%!  Sometimes the answer is no!  I know that I will only be given what is best for me.  Prayer for others brings joy and contentment for my soul...God is good all the time!

14. Neverletitgo profile image77
    Neverletitgoposted 7 years ago

Yes I do believe, it can change a lot because God is so generous. Ask God and take an action then he will help you.

15. profile image0
    Butch Newsposted 7 years ago

No prayers for you sweet heart..

"Prayer, the last refuge of a scoundrel"... Lisa Simpson

16. guy1973 profile image61
    guy1973posted 7 years ago

oh yeah, I seen many breakthroughs in my life as a result of perseverance and prayer. there are things that has happen to me that has no explanation, and i will call them divine interventions all as a result of relationship with God and prayer and faith