What gives you inspiration?

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (18 posts)
  1. DellNixon profile image61
    DellNixonposted 13 years ago

What gives you inspiration?

2. Gabriel Wilson profile image92
    Gabriel Wilsonposted 13 years ago

The ocean never seizes to inspire me.
    I have loved the sea since I was a young child. I grew up by the sea. I live by the sea now.
    I had a spell for a few years, where I couldn't see the ocean from where I lived. I was miles from it. I know it seems a silly thing to say, but, I felt enclosed; trapped.
    The ocean to me is the beginning of somewhere else. I find it intriguing that the waters I walk/swim in are the waters that so many others have walked/swam in.
    The ocean has a constant calming affect on me in my life. And has provided me with unlimited thoughts that evolve into words.
    I love the ocean and the inspiration that comes to me on the crest of a wave.

3. Mystiblu profile image68
    Mystibluposted 13 years ago

Everything gives me inspiration! There's so much all around us to inspire us to write or do good. When we're mindful of what's around us, what touches us, what affects us, what truly speaks to us... that's inspiration. Choose your muse~

4. izettl profile image87
    izettlposted 13 years ago

Traveling, even a road trip is fine. Mostly my little girl inspires me to live my dreams and be an example for her.

5. THE DIVINE YOU. profile image61
    THE DIVINE YOU.posted 13 years ago

Listening, Hearing the solemn beats of silence. Feeling. The beautific connection of the known and unknown. Fearing. Afraid of running mad in mute wonder. Meaning. This moves me to express something.

6. solar10 profile image62
    solar10posted 13 years ago

The grave inspired me that I am actually nothing...

7. apache13 profile image62
    apache13posted 13 years ago

This may not be the best answer but for me I think its anger,anger at the things that are just wrong in the world today. The other thing that has inspired me lately has been Bellawritter23's poetry,It has given me a will to write what I feel deep inside. Also the other hubs I've read are inspiring me even the not so great ones,But most of all I have to say that God or the spirit has inspired me most above all other things,thank you hubpages for the space to write my feelings.

8. etower036 profile image59
    etower036posted 13 years ago

My wife... 

Three years ago she suffered a multitude of strokes, some minor a couple major, but she has the will and strength to go on and to live.

Skip 3 years later and I too have had a couple life threatening things from going into a diabetic induced coma, and recently having heart failure, (getting better) I look at my wife and think, if she can will herself back, so can I.

9. Entwife profile image60
    Entwifeposted 13 years ago

Nature. I can always find inspiration there! yikes) wishing you laughter

10. Ruchira profile image71
    Ruchiraposted 13 years ago

All the  elements on this planet...earth, fire, water, Air.

It is such a magnificent force within us and we fail to recognize it. In times of stress/distress, I look towards them to gain my inner strength. That way, I am not dependent on anyone to give me advice, I just have to look inside me smile

Now, the above is very tough, but awareness is the key to happiness!!

11. profile image0
    bhaveshdhanani03posted 13 years ago

My parents feelings towards me always inspired me. I always try to fulfill their dreams. Whenever i think about them they inspire me internally & pushed me a lot do hard work.
    thanx to my mom & dad.

12. garyyoungberg profile image61
    garyyoungbergposted 13 years ago

When I see people who have overcome extreme disabilities and succeed in their field of interest, I am inspired.  It also takes away from me any excuse for not excelling myself.

13. Chouji-Von-Lycan profile image60
    Chouji-Von-Lycanposted 13 years ago

for me, as sad a it sounds, is watching free running videos smile

14. profile image0
    lovazaposted 13 years ago

What gives me inspiration are impressions in my mind to write a topic or a poem.  As an artist, when  a photo appeals to me by its colors and composition, then the inspiration to paint.
    I think inspiration comes quietly, unannounced, within my mind and soul which gives me a greater desire to create or express myself as an artist and musician.  Sometimes the inspiration comes when I sit in silence in viewing the wonders of Nature, like the mountains where I can see them each day, or the trees and flowers.  I think inspiration is important for me in order to enjoy what life has to offer.

15. swedal profile image64
    swedalposted 13 years ago

I gain inspiration from all around me. The people, places and things that are happening.

16. CARIBQUEEN profile image63
    CARIBQUEENposted 13 years ago

The fact that I can get up every morning with all my faculties in place and in good health.

17. Apostle Jack profile image61
    Apostle Jackposted 13 years ago

God does in all His many ways of direction and knowledge to my spirit.

18. moonfairy profile image74
    moonfairyposted 13 years ago

words of wisdom. The sun rising over the ocean. Moonlight shining through tree branches. A star filled night. The glow of firelight. Heroes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)