jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

Are you growing wiser as you grow?

1. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 7 years ago

Are you growing wiser as you grow?

The older you are the wiser you should be,by process of spirit.If not,why?
    I think hindrance,distraction, and repetition of conduct play a great part as to whether or not it is achieve.What is your comment?

2. rorymullen profile image61
    rorymullenposted 7 years ago

I do think so. I think with age I am understanding more of what life has in store for me. I will not do that many more riskier things I once use to.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

I hope so.  I feel wiser and I feel as though I understand life much better--but I might be fooling myself.

4. profile image0
    Multimanposted 7 years ago

I hope so, or its been a royal waist of time.

5. theseus profile image81
    theseusposted 7 years ago

I should like to think so. I am wiser now not because I grow but because of the experiences that I have had to go through in life as I grow older.If not for those lessons learned, I wouldn't have grown wiser even if I am growing.

6. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 7 years ago

Yes, I am growing wiser each day as with age I experience the life more.

7. Craan profile image68
    Craanposted 7 years ago

I am definitely becoming wiser as I am getting older. For one thing the latest fashion trend doesn't influence me much any longer.

8. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

i don't know what the process of spirit has to do with anything but everyone grows wiser with age. everyone with no exception unless you are mentaly disabled. the thing is, though we grow wiser it doesn't mean we make use of the wisdom.

9. Keith Worth profile image60
    Keith Worthposted 7 years ago

For my increase in wisdom comes from learning everyday just how much I don't know. There's value in knowing your ignorance, after all.

10. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

Well, I'm getting larger. If I say I am, then I beg from pride, fool myself and that is not very wise. If I say I am not, then I admit I am the fool I use to be, with the hope of becoming wise. Seems to me the fool knows exactly where he is and that is wise.

11. Thesource profile image80
    Thesourceposted 7 years ago

Yes, the older I grow the wiser I get. My physical environment, spiritual environment, and life is beginning to make sense. When I was young others told me what I thought was true.. With life experience, a great deal of this turned out not be be true. With experience I was able to refine and gain the knowledge I have. I can see the solutions and causes of many problems.

Typically, when some reaches 55 to 65 years old they begin to be wise.

To me it is worth being old as I am for the cherished wisdom I have. I will never give age in exchange for youth for this reason. Most Americans prefer be younger, but with humility, I wisely prefer to go the other way.

12. Nellieanna profile image82
    Nellieannaposted 7 years ago

For oneself,  wisdom is the measure of ones' improvement of navigational skills through the byways and highways of life.  Few things are more valuable and very few require more self-honesty.  For others, the measurement of one's wisdom is dependent on their own wisdom and perception.