When did you find your faith? Was there an event that caused it?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Michaelmas profile image62
    Michaelmasposted 7 years ago

When did you find your faith? Was there an event that caused it?

Tell us your story. I'm not interested if you don't have a faith or if you want to knock it, that's between you and your maker. I want to hear stories of how and when people found their faith. It can be a Christian faith, buddhist or any others. No one is here to judge

2. Micky Dee profile image76
    Micky Deeposted 7 years ago

Perhaps events, plural. Life is trial and error as growing from a child. I don't think it took me long to develop an inner gyroscope. But harsh events will turn your head downward into a reverent position. Personally, what has sealed the deal is the inability to trust humans. When humans abandon you, imprison you, torture you - there is nobody, nothing, but God. There is most definitely evil in our world, our country, our counties, our towns. This world seems more physical than spiritual. It is not. God bless!

3. Jangaplanet profile image71
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

Has i started getting older, i started feeling my mortality, caused me to get closer to everything. People ,friends, family, i guess thats when i truly found my faith. Many will say, how can you feel your mortality at a young age, believe me at 30 you start questioning, and when you get to 40 you start thinking.This is my personal feeling, maybe its diffrent for others.

4. Blessw5 profile image58
    Blessw5posted 7 years ago

I had it all and I let it go. And God has given it to me back 10 times plus. It has taken me 34 yrs and I'm still a christian in progress. Had a very hard knock life. Just trying My Best to Stay humble and Content. And try not to be so Blind by the things of Man, Woman, And this World. But No body has loved me the way this man (God) has. That I met, but never have seen. But know I will soon smiles. But my heart has Always told me different Always. And he still keeps me here on this earth smiles. And all it is My prayers,My faith and All the prayer warriors is what kept me drawing closer to him. He has been My Only Real Friend and has N E V E R Failed ME N E V E R. Just all that God has bought me thur to get me thur.

5. safiq ali patel profile image71
    safiq ali patelposted 7 years ago

I was in a very serious accident in 1993 where I was in fire. I was burn very badly and inhaled smoke which left me fighting for my life in a coma. I was in coma for three months and the doctors had forecast that I would not live. I was unconscious and fighting for my life. In the coma I had a dream that I met Jesus and it was after coming to from the coma that I began to believe and have faith in god above. Since that day I have felt that it was god who saved me. If was god who protected me from fear and harm. It was a very trying time, coming to from a coma, with severe injuries. But since this accident my faith and belief in god has been very strong. I felt protected in the coma and I have felt guided and protected since then.

6. profile image48
    raxxsachposted 7 years ago

For me my Religious Faith was not found or created by any one event .I grew up in a Family where we were born with the Faith not in any particular Religion but just goodness or in Karma yoga..doing your actions simply but being selfless.I had profound Faith in goodness and it never deterred even in any adversity..And once you have Faith then it surpasses all logic it is simply there or not there.And Faith can move mountains...

7. trishoxen profile image61
    trishoxenposted 7 years ago

Hmm.. I was.. 16.. I had recently moved to NC with my family trying to start over.. Before I moved i was hard into drugs, alcohol, parties, and other forms of destructive behavior.... I had gotten kicked out of school for selling drugs.. and my life was going down the drain fast.. at 12 I was a smoker, addicted to drugs and alcohol.... After I moved, my father needed to get some work done on his back... He went to New life Chiropractic, where we met the people who owned it. I went too because i also had problems with my back... Mr.and Mrs. Lite invited me to youth group, to get to know some people and to make some friends.... My mother made me go... So i went and it wasnt like i thought it would be... it was actually fun... and i really got into the music.. . the people were really nice... That summer there was a youth camp thing, that they were gunna go to but i didnt have the money.. so the church paid for me to go.. I was like wow thats awesome.. i went to youth camp... saw the vast amounts of kids praising God and .... i was almost convinced.. i started questioning things in my life...and then a man came over and tapped my shoulder right in the middle of worship.. he said "God wanted me to tell you that your beautiful and you are worth something" ... the week before i was contimplating suicide.. but something stopped me... At that moment.. i felt a wave of peace rush over me... and ever since... i have believed... sorry that was lengthy but it still means alot to me..

8. ii3rittles profile image79
    ii3rittlesposted 7 years ago

Well, mine happend kind of slow. I first started really believing in God when I was about 15. My family is all traditional italian catholics and I kind of left that when I was a young age. It felt wrong to me to talk to another man and confess my sins and live a lie based on good deeds. So, anyways, my aunt actually brought me under her wing and helped me learn about the bible, God and Jesus. I was still half and half at age 16. I then went thru some wicked things. I was filled with this evil energy. I was an angry girl. I actually use to cut myself. Then at age 17 I went thru a scary tribulation or trial. I was in the hospital. I wont go into detail but I thought I was dieing. That made me draw closer Jesus, but not God. I continued to live half worldly. I acted in a way I know now was displeasing to God. I was in a horible, almost 3 year, relationship with some one who, I don't even think, believed in God. I don't quite recall when it was, but me and him were in a car accedent. Another car was out of control and we did a few 360 spins on the freeway. I remember seeing semi trucks all over and I was certain I was going to get hurt or killed. The car stopped spinning and I broke into tears. We were all untouched. I remember thanking God in tears because I knew He sent one of His angels to save us. The relatonship with that guy cotinued to get worse. After I turned 21, I left him and went down another path that wasn't so great. I was in and out bars with my cousin for about a month. She was a bad influence on me. She is an alcoholic, a stripper,and a sex addict and that started at the age of 17 for her! I quickly realized that she was a horible person and a horible influence on me and stopped speaking with her but before I did, I met this guy, who I knew but didn't know (if that makes sence). He is my ex's cousin. We connected and he knew he wanted to marry me in 2 months time. I explained that I was done with living in sin and if he chose to wait for me, for marriage, we can be together. Well, he said yes. We are now engaged and will be getting married this year. I now feel closer than ever with God. I am with a man who will help me stay close with Him. Though I am not 100% healthy right now, I know I will be soon. I feel God used sickness, in a way, to draw me closer to Him. I love God dearly and thank Him for Jesus. He trully is the definition of love and without him I'd probly be on drugs, really sick, or dead.

9. montecristo profile image82
    montecristoposted 7 years ago

I have, always,been a Christian since 1972. I had strayed, somewhat, from the faith until I almost got killed. I was working as a Taxi driver and got shot in the arm in a botched hold up. It made me realize my own immortality and helped me to get serious about my faith.

10. framistan profile image55
    framistanposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4737337_f260.jpg

I was a pretty hardcore athiest... untill i read the book, "God's Key to Health and Happiness"  by Elmer A. Josephson.  It is a book about 50 years old now but still available online as a used book occasionally. The book explained many of God's dietary laws and commandments from a scientific and a biblical perspective.  It showed me the Bible has a lot of accurate scientific information in it that I could not deny was beyond the knowledge of men 2000 years ago to write.  Other members of my family read the book, and they too were convinced.  If you buy the book, be sure to read chapter 6 on the dangers of Trichinosis from eating swine (pork).

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)