jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

How does a prayer help you?

1. biman_r profile image74
    biman_rposted 6 years ago

How does a prayer help you?

Sometimes in life we encounter situations where we have nothing to do other than pray. It helps in many ways. How does it help you? (Considering you do pray or have prayed sometime in your life)

2. profile image0
    loriamooreposted 6 years ago

God answers Prayer, so prayer helps because we realize that we're not in control and have to give the situation up to God to handle because we can't.  God answers Prayer, so we lift up our needs to Him to handle for us.

3. profile image0
    bobnplanoposted 6 years ago

When God answers my prayers it gives me the peace in knowing that God is still in control of this universe.  It also allows me to know that God is there all the time and not just when I need Him.

4. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 6 years ago

It builds faith, affording us hope that in turn builds our faith even more.

5. incomeguru profile image96
    incomeguruposted 6 years ago

Prayer has really help me a lot. But you will need to develop a good relationship with God, so as to start seeing the wonders of prayer.

6. DanuckInUSA profile image60
    DanuckInUSAposted 6 years ago

By drawing me closer in my relationship with God.

7. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 6 years ago

Prayer gives me a chance to give my burdons to a being more equipped to handle them.

8. CARIBQUEEN profile image72
    CARIBQUEENposted 6 years ago

Prayer gives me hope which increases my faith.

9. mikielikie profile image67
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

I don't really know how it helps.I think that mentally you have a sort of faith that helps you along in hard times. I believe in God though. I just don't understand why we pray because God has already planned our lives out and we have already lived our live in His eyes right? He already knows how our live are gonna play out doesn't He? I don't know. I just know that prayer is good for the soul at least.

10. Freeway Flyer profile image92
    Freeway Flyerposted 6 years ago

I don't pray much any more. But I can think of a lot of functions that prayer can have. Here are the most basic ones:

11. MBDungo profile image57
    MBDungoposted 6 years ago

God can give any of your request if that is His will because His will be done on earth.