jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (12 posts)

If there were no consequences for you, would you take a life?

1. The Demon Writer profile image65
    The Demon Writerposted 7 years ago

If there were no consequences for you, would you take a life?

If you knew you could get away with it with a 0% chance of being caught and with no negative effects to your life, then would you commit murder? Nobody but you and whoever you chose to tell would ever find out. To all who answer know that you will not be judged. So, would you?

2. Midianite profile image57
    Midianiteposted 7 years ago

Definitely. All governments, religions and propaganda... to start with.

3. James Agbogun profile image59
    James Agbogunposted 7 years ago

If those conditions are true, then, it's going to be a "killing spree".

4. wilbury4 profile image70
    wilbury4posted 7 years ago

No, I have a conscience and would carry what I had done in my mind.... could I live with that?

5. profile image0
    AMBASSADOR BUTLERposted 7 years ago

The way life is set up on the earth you can see the results all around you. You can not run away from yourself. Life has a way on the earth to payback for every action there is an reaction. Might not be instantly but someday is payback day. For me of course the answer is no because I use my common sense in all of my experience in life on the earth.

6. nightwork4 profile image59
    nightwork4posted 7 years ago

no . i would kill someone just because i could get away with it. killing someone and not getting caught is easy, but living with it is a whole new ball game.

7. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 7 years ago

Ummmmm.... no. Taking away a life is not for me to do. People were put on earth for a reason and have a purpose. I will not end their lives even if they kill others in return. Killing someone would eventually kill me emotionally.

8. MoneyCreator24 profile image56
    MoneyCreator24posted 7 years ago

From my point of view nobody can take a life. The very only we can do is destroying an other body. Life itself is indestructible.
    And since all is one and one is all, even without man-made consequences, we destroy ourselves if we destroy another human being. Piece by piece.

And if we all would know more about it all, we would not even ask such a question.

9. PR Morgan profile image61
    PR Morganposted 7 years ago

No way....I think anyone that would even think twice about this has some serious issues.  I guess if someone thought they were killing someone that deserved to die for the evil things they have done....but even then, it's God's job to judge people...I respect all life and would find no joy in killing someone....I would find joy in helping someone to change their evil ways...

10. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 7 years ago

It is unlikely to be no consequences in life. When you do something, it is another thing happening after that.

You may feel or think that there is no consequences but you will face it when the time comes.

As for me, I always follow the simple rule - do onto others as what you want to do onto yourself.

11. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I'm sorry, but whether or not someone realizes it, or not - there are certainly negative consequences for killing another person.  It matters none at all should there be legal consequences, or not.  There are much MORE SERIOUS consequences outside of the legal system for murder.

12. The Demon Writer profile image65
    The Demon Writerposted 7 years ago

Sorry I should have said, when I said 'no negative consequences', I meant with the law or with other people who don't know what you have done.
    If you should suffer from any negative effects emotionally and mentally is really up to you. The whole point of this question is t5o make you think about what those effects would be and to find out more about yourself and you values.

Interesting answers so far.

working