jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How to face a problem head on instead of running from it?

1. Vishaaa profile image77
    Vishaaaposted 7 years ago

How to face a problem head on instead of running from it?

2. Seeker7 profile image95
    Seeker7posted 7 years ago

Hi,

It depends on the nature of the problem. But I tend to visualise first what is the worst thing that can happen, then I visualise ways to cope with this. If possible, I break the problem down and tackle one aspect at a time. It is very tempting and understandable to run from problems at times - sometimes if we are physically or mentally not too great, it can be harder to cope with a difficulty. But experience tends to suggest that running away not only just postpones the inevitable but it can make it much harder to cope with when left too long.

3. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

Be sure you know what the problem is first.  Don't rush in.  Know what is happening, what needs to be done to take care of it.  Give it some thought, then move forward in baby steps if necessary to face it and deal with it.

4. kevin.howell profile image61
    kevin.howellposted 7 years ago

I always say conquer what conquers you.  No sense of dreading anything.  We as humans are capable of anything.

5. Lisa HW profile image72
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

Sometimes there's actually something to be said for leaving a problem to wither in the dust that's left behind when we run, at high-speed, away from it.   smile  Not ALL problems - but SOME, anyway.

6. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 7 years ago

Face it head on and don't run from it? I don't know what else to say lol.

7. CARIBQUEEN profile image72
    CARIBQUEENposted 7 years ago

It is always better to face your battles instead of running away because you will always meet them again somewhere along the way.  You do not have to be aggressive but you can approach your problems in a very calm manner.  Once you become agitated, you may become too stressed to handle the situation properly.  Running away does not solve anything but postpones the situation to be dealt with at a later date.

8. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 7 years ago

It is always easy to run away from problem but takes a lot of guts to face it. I always believe to be calm and analyze the situation of the problem will be a better solution. No matter how hard you want to run from it, it will still comes back to haunt you. So, better to face it.

working