jump to last post 1-15 of 15 discussions (15 posts)

What in a person makes you love them?

1. ConspireToInspire profile image59
    ConspireToInspireposted 6 years ago

What in a person makes you love them?

2. aslanlight profile image72
    aslanlightposted 6 years ago

Kindness, compassion. Sometimes I can't help but love them when they're loving me!

3. iftikhar Tariq Kh profile image61
    iftikhar Tariq Khposted 6 years ago

To me what makes a person appealing to me is his/her inner self or soul or by whatever name you name it.

4. silverlungs profile image58
    silverlungsposted 6 years ago

This doesn't exactly answer your question; but I found this quote the other day and I think it's very true:

"When you start to know someone, all their physical characteristics start to disappear. You begin to dwell in their energy, recognize the scent of their skin. You see only the essence of the person, not the shell. That’s why you can’t fall in love with beauty. You can lust after it, be infatuated by it, want to own it. You can love it with your eyes and your body but not your heart. And that’s why, when you really connect with a person’s inner self, any physical imperfections disappear, become irrelevant."

5. FranYo profile image58
    FranYoposted 6 years ago

silverlungs, SO well said! 

I'd like to know more about whomever wrote/spoke that quote!  Gotta follow you....

6. Abhaque Supanjang profile image79
    Abhaque Supanjangposted 6 years ago

I love someone who always make me happy when I look into her eyes. She understand me; is faithful with me and always does her best for our love and our live.

7. Ashantina profile image61
    Ashantinaposted 6 years ago

Most people here have said it... and its true... soul. spirit.

8. profile image0
    Lesleysherwoodposted 6 years ago

I know it sounds like a cliché but I love when a person is kind and loving.  When they don't judge me or put others down.  I love when a person is honest and trustworthy.  When they don't gossip about others.  Then you know they wont be gossiping about you.  I guess all in all I love a person when they follow the golden rule.  "Do unto others how you would like done unto you"!

9. Roger Rabbit profile image60
    Roger Rabbitposted 6 years ago

Me. You set me up for that one and I just had to.

10. ConspireToInspire profile image59
    ConspireToInspireposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for your sincere responses. I'd like to answer the question. Me? Understanding. Mutual understanding of each other. For me, hard to come by. But I got lucky.

11. profile image0
    Chasukposted 6 years ago

I don't know that this question is answerable. I have friends who always fall for creepy guys, yet they would never admit, "I like creepy dudes." We usually love first, and then imagine that the object of our affection has all of these wonderful qualities.

12. Apostle Jack profile image60
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

The spirit of a person.The inside.The personality is more than sex appeal or showmanship.

13. maria.rose profile image38
    maria.roseposted 6 years ago

it depends on how they act and treat you.To me, the only REAL important thing is if you love them and they love you back.
    The saying goes 'Appearance captures the eyes, but personality captures the heart.'

14. Thesource profile image81
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

True love has no condition or reasons. Love simply is free.

Even your dog is capable of true love. Many despots, criminals whose deeds are unacceptable have love.

Love cares and observe but does not judge.

If your question was "What in a person makes you like them?"
    then there could be reasons and conditions.

15. mommyneal6 profile image79
    mommyneal6posted 6 years ago

Their personality is everything. If it's great, that's all it takes.

working