jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Is death from god?

1. sheenasen profile image60
    sheenasenposted 6 years ago

Is death from god?

2. Frank Atanacio profile image82
    Frank Atanacioposted 6 years ago

If I were to guess.. I would say everything is from God-- Happiness right thru Terror.. it all makes us who we are..  perhaps that's his image

3. Awfranklin profile image60
    Awfranklinposted 6 years ago

It is part of life, God just calls us home at the end of it.  I think some death is a humans choice, or has happened because of choices humans have made.  If we never died, we would never get to meet our maker, or see heaven.  I also get confused when such young people go, but it is all part of a bigger plan.  I used to be terrified of it until i started going back to church, and reading out of the bible.

4. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 6 years ago

no it's not. it's just a fact of life. god is a myth so how can it be the cause of anything?

5. Apostle Jack profile image59
    Apostle Jackposted 6 years ago

Death is a predestination of measure time.We each have a number,and by that number we inter in and leave this world.

6. Kamalesh050 profile image81
    Kamalesh050posted 6 years ago

I believe it is.  Everything - be it our happiness, sorrows,sufferings whatever are all from God.

7. sheenasen profile image60
    sheenasenposted 6 years ago

if its from god .then why does god call good people wen so manny sinners flourish in this world

8. TattedKajun profile image59
    TattedKajunposted 6 years ago

According to the Bible, death is caused by sin (Rom. 5:12, 6:23). In the Beginning there was no sin, therefore there was no death. When Satan tempted Eve with the fruit from the Forbidden Tree and she accepted it, that was a sin against God, thus introducing death. Death is caused by sin and the devil who has power over death, until Christ takes it from him. God gave the devil charge over the world we live in, to tempt us, to fool us, just to see who has faith and who doesnt. If you believe in the Lord and are able to rebuke the ways of this life, you will live everlasting in Heaven.

9. profile image0
    vineyardfauxcomposted 6 years ago

no for God is the God of the living ,we go from life to life ,we get to choose the destination though.

10. preacher2003 profile image59
    preacher2003posted 5 years ago

Death was caused by the fall in the garden of eden. death takes place in man due to the sin nature.
    In His wisdom and love at times God will allow a person to be taken, be they young or old, but He sees the future and knows their limitations and abilities -
    He loved us enough to make us with free will and not as robots or as some communist leaders would have it.....in the fact that He knew, before the foundations of the world He had already decided to become as flesh and dwell among men and offer His life for us = His Grace carries us through if we exhibit faith in Him.

So God can and does allow death, but He also offered a way to have eternal life, through Jesus - the other choice would be hell.

Sin caused death, both spiritual and physical.... but God , as stated, offered a way out.

working