I shall not be moved :)

Jump to Last Post 51-62 of 62 discussions (185 posts)
  1. profile image0
    ryankettposted 14 years ago

"I shall not be moved"

Judging by your photo, I certainly wouldn't be able to move ya.

1. atomswifey profile image57
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

nice and mature
      real mature
      very very mature
      wow!!!
      You are so mature in fact I bet you won a maturity award for that statement!

lacking any real argument you resort to a child like remark in an attempt to insult me.

Your attempt failed. sorry, grow up first and then attempt to engage in an adult manner on the forum.
      Thank you. smile

1. profile image0
        ryankettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I was hoping that you would report me, so that I dont have to read your crap every day.

LOL
          regardless of if you get reported for that, (which I will not be the one to report it) you can still choose to not read my "crap".

1. tantrum profile image59
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

cool

2. profile image0

Not always, it has followed me onto my own threads a few times. Anyway, I wouldnt like to get in the way of Marilyn Manson and Joan Of Arc pretending to like each other.

2. blue dog profile image60
        blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

actually, he is nice, and mature.  and knowledgeable.  and intelligent.  with all those attributes it would stand to reason that he's correct, once again.  i too doubt that he could move you.

you, yourself, begin the discussion by stating that no one can.  go check it out for yourself.

With all those attributes it would stand to reason he would refrain then from insults which are only given when one feels either
          A one is not mature
          B one is prone to immaturity
          C one is forgetful of his maturity
          D one is using such insult in a demonstration of his/her own inferiorities

I do not think in a civilized adult conversation insults like the ones you and he posted are necessary, or very mature.
          If you have no argument left sometimes one can only think to insult another. As you just did yourself of me.

Insinuating that you are to be somewhat better than I based on a physicality. Am I going over your head with this, or shall I continue?

1. blue dog profile image60
            blue dogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry that you feel i've insulted you.  an insult is, as you clearly indicate, a subjective interpretation.  you're correct about this:  i do not know whether mr. kett is a "nice" person, i should not have included that in my description.  it was an assumption on my part, based on the FACT that he is mature (quite so for his stated age), knowledgeable and intelligent, as he has clearly shown on countless times here on hp.

on to humor.  i find it humorous, in a gigantic sort of way (no pun intended), that you "believe" (that is what you do, right?) you actually engage "in a civilized adult conversation."  over the weeks you've made it clear that you don't.  thus the humor i see.  of gigantic proportions. 

on to insinuations.  if you've been around here long enough to check out my hubs, my posts, or any other written word i have that is directly related to hubpages or anything else that involves my life, directly or indirectly, you will walk away with no uncertainties.  it's there in black and white.  you don't have to read between the lines. 

i'll stand by and stick with my original comment:  you, yourself, begin the discussion by stating that no one can.  go check it out for yourself.

p.s.  don't flatter yourself.  i seriously doubt that anything you do or say will take you "over" my head.

2. UpHisAss profile image60
            UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

atomswifey - you are losing them. You had them cold with the mathematical proof, now you are degenerating to their level. They are not better than you just because they are thinner than you. That is not important. What is important is the Word.

Don't let them get to you. You are above all that. Remember - you have God's Word - you are Right. You are Better than them. No matter the lack of self control or the HUGE (no pun intended) mistake you made in stating "I shall not be moved" without anticipating this sort of childish attack.

Show them the mathematical proof, and do not stoop to their level. You Go Girl! Well done so far! Very well done. Win, win win ! Yay, Yay ,Yay!

tantrum I like your little cheerleaders! lol

Mark, I do not think I am better than anyone else because of my belief in God or His Word.
                I do not think I am better period.

But I do agree that the Word is whats important. smile

1. profile image0

Mark? I cant see Mark on this thread wink

As for your comments to Blue Dog about being offended about reference to 'physicalities', all you have is the picture of the back of my head. How do you know that I am not in a wheelchair? Or have had both arms amputated at the joint after service in Afghanistan? How do you know how tall I am or how much I weigh?

I could be a 4ft 2in man, in a wheelchair, with no arms and no legs. If I was that man, I would be offended by your very mention of the word 'physicalities'. I was of course actually just pointing out that I am pretty skinny, and you are pretty chubby, so lifting you would probably be a little on the uncomfortable side - if even possible.

And what is your purpose for stating that? What do you hope to achieve?
                    A few giggles from people you can't hear giggling in here? A few cheers from those just as immature?
                    Why bother stating it?

Yes, and so?...
                    is my response to you ryan.

2. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

'Not always, it has followed me onto my own threads a few times. Anyway, I wouldnt like to get in the way of Marilyn Manson and Joan Of Arc pretending to like each other.'

lol lol

3. tantrum profile image59
    tantrumposted 14 years ago
  4. shamelabboush profile image47
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

What's going on here guys? I see some angry faces!!!

1. shamelabboush profile image47
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That shall start my day smile

5. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Shamel, always angry faces in the relious forums and I thought they were called Happy Clappies!

1. shamelabboush profile image47
      shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The highly recommended religious forum if i want to have fun... Here I am. Where 's the fun?

6. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

pants

1. profile image0

Taking off my pants in the US means something a lot different than taking off my pants in the UK wink

Never ask an Englishman to take off his pants, you could be in for a suprise lol

7. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

oh I know big_smile my british boy told me what pants means lol big_smile

1. profile image0

My girlfriend spent a year and a bit in America not long ago and now says 'pants' instead of trousers. I fell asleep in bed fully clothed the other day whilst watching a dvd pretty early, she then woke me up and said "take your pants off".... before going to the toilet (restroom?). I got excited, stripped naked, got on top of the duvet.... with a big cheesy grin on my face. Even though I have been with her for 3 years, I was pretty embarressed..... she just told me not to sleep in my jeans. I thought that she was giving me the nod. True story that!

8. Luciendasky profile image60
    Luciendaskyposted 14 years ago

lol smile thanks for sharing... that is pretty funny stiff... all growing up, my sister's nickname was "pants" and as soon as I discovered the new meaning, I had to call and let her know... all the while calling her "pants." She was not impressed big_smile

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

RD - Good morning, Sunshine!

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bout time you got up!

10. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

HP kept me up late. I'm about to go see a man about a horse...literally. Not what you're thinking, RD!

BTW, I guess we'll need the cattle trailer next Saturday to deliver Lexi's pony to her birthday party. I can't wait to see her face!!

1. Randy Godwin profile image62
      Randy Godwinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll bet!  I love pony cracklins too!

11. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

We'll save you a mess. You like hot sauce on yours, right?

12. atomswifey profile image57
    atomswifeyposted 14 years ago

Which scriptures specifically?

The ones in Corinthians?

Those were in relation to women at the time being disruptive in church during the speaking of tongues and interpretation of those tongues.

So I fail to see the relevance of that here

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)