Why the Rejection?

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (41 posts)
  1. UpHisAss profile image60
    UpHisAssposted 14 years ago

I genuinely became a fan of some of the women preachers here yet they rejected my fan mail. Why? I love you and want to admire you and show my utmost respect for the work you do for my church. And I get rejected:

Your fanmail was not approved by yolanda yvette
    http://hubpages.com/profile/yolanda+yvette

Your fanmail was not approved by atomswifey
    http://hubpages.com/profile/atomswifey

Is there something wrong with loving me?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ouch!  That is just wrong but you know what, I have been rejected right to my face in person at church/s... that is plural. sad 

I love you.  smile

2. Richard VanIngram profile image61
      Richard VanIngramposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not post your fan mail here so we can all see it?

3. ms jessica marie profile image58
      ms jessica marieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you know why you were rejected. and honestly dude i would have too.  i am the most open minded individual you could ever meet. and being a practicing witch i have been rejected by many of the christians on this site, however i do not purposely try to antagonize people, you are requestion things from people who you know are going to reject you and then asking why. you trying to get a rise out of people which im sorry to say, is a bit immature.  try simply debating with them on the these topics, throw your opinion out there and keep writing your hubs but dont sit there and wonder why they wont except you when you know why.

4. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

uhh the name you chose  duhh

2. Pr0metheus profile image57
    Pr0metheusposted 14 years ago

Whoever you are - you are awesome.

3. UpHisAss profile image60
    UpHisAssposted 14 years ago

Another rejection:

Your fanmail was not approved by yes2truth
    http://hubpages.com/profile/yes2truth

Little do they know. wink

1. WaffleCheese profile image44
      WaffleCheeseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Become my fan! I'll accept you!

2. rmcrayne profile image92
      rmcrayneposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What about quietnessandtrust and [the love guy, forget his handle]?

3. profile image0
      Wendi Mposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And I owe you an apology Mr. UHA!

1. wyanjen profile image72
        wyanjenposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wendi!  I'm your new fan too.
        This is my favorite forum all week.
        ;-)

4. zadrobi profile image60
    zadrobiposted 14 years ago

What are you trying to post as fan mail?

5. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I an sorry to see you rejected like this UHA, and after all your genuine compliments and kindness too. sad

6. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Me three! I know who to blaim! lol

7. profile image0
    Wendi Mposted 14 years ago

Gee UpHisAss...just read your profile...couldn't imagine WHY anyone would reject you???????????

1. rmcrayne profile image92

Wendi,

Welcome to HubPages and thank you for being my fan. 

I think UpHisAss is making a point, which you probably just underlined for him (or her).  When you read the profile, did you get past the first couple of lines without getting your switchboard jammed with Hollywood images of human sacrifices and drinking chicken blood out of a goblet? 

Go back and read the profile without the “satan”.  Substitute “Texans” or “sports lovers” or whatever.  Are all of the 9 statements still so offensive to you?  Can you not see any valid points of the hypocrisies of many professed pious people? 

If you spend enough time on the forums, you’ll likely see things a little differently.  As in most things in life, things are not always as they seem.  I may be totally off on this particular situation, but bear me out.  Still lessons to be learned here. 

There are hubbers who love the forums, particularly lively debate on religion or politics.  Many hubbers have multiple personas/alter egos.  Many hubbers have developed alliances as well as “favorite” adversaries.  Many nonbelievers are offended by the extreme “un-Christ-like” attitudes of many “Christians”.  Other believers and nonbelievers have developed a respect for each other.

1. profile image0

Wow, I'm still sitting here comletely amazed that I did that.  I stopped reading after the first 4 or 5 sentences and totally missed the point he was making.  THANK YOU for pointing out my, obvious, ignorance...never saw myself in that light before.

Wow Wendi, my hat is off to you.  I was kinda holding my breath, not expecting you to take this well.  This is very big of you.  The kind of light bulb I haven’t seen too often around here.  And don’t beat yourself up.  As part of my original point, things aren’t always as they seem, and you didn’t have the backstory.  Lot of excitement recently in the religion and politics forums.  People getting banned for 3 days and such.

1. profile image0

Well...it's taken me 45 years to realize that I don't know everything, but it's been just recently that I've been opening my eyes and ears in order to really see and hear what's going on.  Thanks again!

1. earnestshub profile image81
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am impressed too Wendi. Your statement made me join your fan club. I don't usually do that before reading hubs. smile

1. profile image0

Thank you earnest.

2. rmcrayne profile image92

Dag earnest, you beat me to it. I had the same plan and sidetracked myself.  But thanks for the reminder.

Well I guess you had to get up from under that tree sometime.
                  Dunno if I would, it looks like a cool spot! smile

Ah, earnest.  That was in Knoxville Tennessee.  My brother and I drove there from Illinois to meet the rescue rep from Charlotte North Carolina with Hope, our Boykin Spaniel.  She was estimated to be about 4 years old, and was recovering from a broken pelvis, internal injuries and loosing an eye.  That was Sept, 5 years ago.  She’s about 9 now.  We like to call her One-eyed Hootie.  We’ve even made up songs.

2. mandybeau1 profile image62
      mandybeau1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think his Avator may have frightened them. That and his M.O

We've move past this mandy.  Wendi had a change of heart.

8. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

We all love you unconditionally! They din't realize your mail was a cry for help! A desperate voice in the wilderness begging for guidence form a loving God! They miss read your intentions brother/sister, you can free yourself of your burdens and we'll carry them for you! Now get down on your knees and bring hands together and I'll pray with you!

"Dear Heavenly Father, We are lost, we need to be found and returned to the comfort of your protection and love. Help us be nice and civil. Help us recognize your blessings even though we've done a lot of drugs and aren't really sure who we are or where we are. Help us make good conservative choices and recognize our failures at being a progressive. Thanks for sending your Son, Jesus, and not a stick to beat some sense into us. We say these things in Jesus name. Amen.

9. Cranoo profile image60
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

Lol, I've never been disapproved. I'm happy when I get fanmail some people are strange though!

1. profile image0
      sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That your real nose?

10. cluense profile image71
    cluenseposted 14 years ago

I believe in unconditional love to all. So by all means Fan me cause I'm gonna Fan you. I must apologize for my fellow followers of GOD. Sometimes they forget that GOD so loved us and that GOD is love. Therefore, unconditional Love must be extended to all of God's creatures, no matter who you are or what you believe in.

11. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Well some one left the booby-hatch open and now they're all out!

12. aware profile image68
    awareposted 14 years ago

and the pic of pentagram

13. underhiswings profile image60
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

Some folks do not posses a tremendous grasp of the obvious. lol

I've noticed that! lol

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol lol lol

2. Daniel Carter profile image61
        Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Clever as always, Earnest.

I can honestly say I fanned UHA a while back. I wasn't sure at first, but it became obvious as I read several things that I liked this guy. So, kudos, UHA.

And I double checked a couple of things, and I realized that I was remiss about being a fan of three more of you, so I I'm there now. So glad there are sensible, honest voices around. I'm very glad for you.

14. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

no, you are great! I love you!

15. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

Okay, so I have to ask since you have Anton LaVey's writings on your profile, are you really LaVeyan or is this a joke account?  Not that making fun of evangelicals is a problem, but it would be cool to see some hubs written about Satanism from someone who practices it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)