apostasy

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (33 posts)
  1. william.m. profile image61
    william.m.posted 14 years ago

"They walked no more with Him."John 6. It is the duty of all who profess Christianity to hold communion with Christ, and converse with Him and publicly own Him in the midst of "a crooked and perverse nation."without which the greatest pretences of a secret friendship is of no avail. John.12:42 &43. .So when men do not do as is commanded of them in the scriptures ,it is a sign of woeful apostasy. "They walked no more with Him nor wait upon His ministry".Isaiah 5:20 "To the law and to the testimony if they speak not according to this word , it is because there is no light in them."

1. atomswifey profile image55
      atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! smile

2. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"They walked no more with Him." is John 6:67 in the Catholic Bible.

Coincidentally or not the same verse in Protestant Bibles is John 6:66.

To a Catholic this verse means to reject the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Holy Eucharist.

This is very important, in fact John chapter 6 is the most important chapter in the entire Bible because Jesus says this in the same chapter, "Amen, amen I say unto you: Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you shall not have life in you. He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath everlasting life: and I will raise him up in the last day."

Note how Jesus did not say to eat His Body and drink His Blood symbolically.

But what you are talking about is heresy not apostasy.  Apostasy is to reject the whole truth while heresy is to reject just part of the truth.

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He also said that His words were "spirit, and they were life" Nothing to do with any eucharist.

3. yes2truth profile image62
      yes2truthposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is yet another classic example of blasphemously quoting Holy Scriptures out of context. The above diatribe is utter intellectual nonsense and the reading into the Holy Scriptures of crap that plainly isn't there.

Here are both the verses:

John 6:65-66 (KJV) And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father. 66 From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.

They walked no more with Him because they could not accept The Truth that the Father had called them to His Son.

Now why could they not accept it? Easy, because they thought they had accepted Him i.e. on their terms and on their say so. These arrogant so and so's then went off and started their Christian Religion and two thousand years later nothing has changed, for mainstream Christianity is still walking away from Him.

2. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

The apostasy is probably why religion is such a mess. Too many people with too many stories, each adding their personal spin. Now we have religions coming out of our ears. Onto our plates too. Pastafarians abound.

What is the actual question or point?

3. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

does apostacy mean speaking against christ, i forgot what it means actually

1. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It means:
      "The abandonment or renunciation of a religious or political belief"
      as per Webster.

In the New Testament, it refers to loss of belief of what Jesus taught. Usually due to his death and not being able to be present to insure the accuracy and purity of what he taught. In other words, most other human beings interpreted what he taught according their own understanding, thus diluting it.

This is the natural course of every teaching. So then it becomes our own personal responsibility to learn what those truths truly are. They are available to us by searching our own souls, being aware and connecting with God as we understand how to do that.

That's what I understand at this point in my life.

2. sarmack profile image60
      sarmackposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Apostacy is the one unforgivable sin.  It is to stand in the way of the Message or Messenger of God.  It is the saddest of all sins, because many people who commit apostacy believe that they are right in what they are doing in their life.  Apostacy leads to Eternal separation from God Himself.  In sharing Spirtual burdens - the sadness of the Soul of the person who has committed apostacy and now realizes that it doesn't matter what they do for the rest of their life, they will not see the Face of God when they leave here - is a sadness I cannot even describe, but I have shared it with many people.  Some very high up in the mankind church system.  It is very close to the same level of torture that a person who is considering suicide goes through.  I am Grateful that God allows me to share with these people, because it lessens the pain for them...

4. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Something to do with renouncing faith. Or rejecting it. Or or or - turning your back on religion. I guess any/all brenda.

5. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

wow atomswifey i came to see what you had written,expecting a great long sermon, and you only said amen,,,,,, well done

6. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Yes2truth you need to read the whole chapter of John 6 to understand what is meant by "They walked no more with Him."  If you do you should clearly see that Jesus is talking about those that refuse to eat His Body and drink His Blood.  That is what the chapter is mainly about.  If that is what william.m. is saying when he says "It is the duty of all who profess Christianity to hold communion with Christ" then he is right.

Just recently while looking through the Fathers of the Church I noticed that there is an English copy of the Liturgy of James, the Liturgy of Mark and the Liturgy of the Blessed Apostles.  The Liturgy is what is said in the Holy Mass.  Just like the Latin Mass of today or the English or vernacular Mass of today the priest in these three old Liturgies above says something like this, speaking of the Holy Spirit "That coming, by His holy and good and glorious appearing, He may sanctify this bread, and make it the holy body of Your Christ."

The Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist has been offered daily for just about 2,000 years.

When the priest holds the Eucharist high, like this image below Catholics say (not aloud) the same thing that doubting Thomas said when he finally realized and believed,

"My Lord and my God"
    http://douglawrence.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/euchlambenh.jpg?w=320&h=549

Also in John 6 when Jesus asks His apostles "Will you also go away?" Simon Peter answered him: "Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life."

I would like to invite everyone to attend a Catholic Mass at least one time in your life.  I think you will realize that it is not the nasty thing that you have been told it is.  Please be reverent if you do for you will be in the presence of Our Lord Jesus Christ.  You won't rightfully be able to receive the Holy Eucharist without going to the Sacrament of Reconciliation before hand, but if you go up with your arms crossed on your chest like the young children do the priest will bless you.

God bless
    Mike

7. Cranoo profile image61
    Cranooposted 14 years ago

Religion is such a mess because you all broke away from the true Catholic church which was founded by Gods apostle:)

1. yes2truth profile image62

Religion is in such a mess because it is a mess and none more so than the harlot of Rome which is the whore mother of all the Christian religion and its denominations.

Founded by Simon Magus the sorcerer, not Simon Peter.

8. yes2truth profile image62
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

"The Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist has been offered daily for just about 2,000 years."

Ah yes, the blasphemy of blasphemies - transubstantiation.

A follower or two of the Mother of Harlots raise their ugly heads.

Not two thousand years, more like 1,800. When those other ugly illegitimates, the counterfeiting 'Church Fathers' showed their blasphemous heads. Philosophising dogs to a man.

9. yes2truth profile image62
    yes2truthposted 14 years ago

"Yes2truth you need to read the whole chapter of John 6 to understand what is meant by "They walked no more with Him."  If you do you should clearly see that Jesus is talking about those that refuse to eat His Body and drink His Blood.  That is what the chapter is mainly about.  If that is what william.m. is saying when he says "It is the duty of all who profess Christianity to hold communion with Christ" then he is right."

No it's not, it's just as I said. The Lord repeats in John 6:65 what He says in John 6:44.

No one can come to The Lord except The Father calls him or her - period.

This is what all members of the Christian Religion cannot accept.

10. wesleycox profile image71
    wesleycoxposted 14 years ago

Hey! Here's some food for thought, most people don't care.  I know for sure that I don't.  And I am tired of seeing all these doggone religious post all over hubpages.  Give it a rest for the love of pete.  Go preach to your mirror.

Go play somewhere else if you don't like it.

1. wesleycox profile image71
        wesleycoxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's just it person of religion, the religious posts are all over the front page. So I have to swim through a river of religion to get to something intelligent. Why are you debating the supernatural anyway?

1. profile image0
          \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes why

2. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
          Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

How hard is it to click a few buttons?

Why are you here in a thread that's specifically for the purpose of debating 'the supernatural'?

I have a mind to go to every forum, and post "Why are you guys debating about this?"  and then when people tell me to go away, I'll say, "But I can't!  It's too difficult!!  I have to wade through this stuff!" 

smile

3. yes2truth profile image62

No they're not, there are dozens of other topics on the front page other than these. All you have to do is go away.

Furthermore, I am not a person, I am a living soul. If you want to know the difference look in Black's Law dictionary.

Nor am I religious.

11. underhiswings profile image60
    underhiswingsposted 14 years ago

I always live by this one.

"But he that endures to the end SHALL BE SAVED"

No wiggle room there...just like an absolute!!!

That's what you think!

What The Lord is really saying is this: He that IS saved shall endure to the end.

No one, i.e. anyone who is not saved will not endure to the end. All those who are not chosen and sealed by The Godhead will perish at the end of this age.

Furthermore, if we take it as written then salvation is no longer a gift but, rather, dependent upon our works and effort - a blasphemy.

Here it is from the Greek:

The yet one-under-remaining (enduring) into finish this one shall be, being saved.

1. underhiswings profile image60
        underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am not backing up from what I said and I will add to it.
        Jesus mentions a time where apostates would run rampant, so a falling away from the faith is possible.
        Also Paul mentioned that we have to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith. He said this to believers. WHY?...because we can be found outside the faith obviously and that is after we were found in the faith.
        Paul also said to press on to obtain the prize. WHY? Because we can never assume we already have it.
        I could list more, but what for.

12. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Each one of you is trying to be right from the same source! How funny is that? "NO my gods the only god!" lol

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If they new god they wouldn't think in this narrow manner.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

They think in this 'narrow' manner becuase they know God. God being the only truth for them, makes them 'narrow'.And God is so 'narrow' that he could only come with this 'narrow' creation full of limits and flaws.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wrong philosophy.

1. tantrum profile image60
            tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is not a philosophy, it's an opinion. I think there's a difference

13. quietnessandtrust profile image59
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Traitors have no place in the realm of GOD.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Who are the traitors? The ones that disagree with you? lol

1. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No, the ones that disagree with GOD (who just happens to agree with quietnessandtrust)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)