Why did we need to be created if we were with God as spirit?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. noturningback profile image76
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Why did we need to be created if we were with God as spirit?

We came from God and our spirit returns to Him; why create us then?

2. Denise Handlon profile image89
    Denise Handlonposted 6 years ago

Manifestation of God's glory in the human body is a way in which Divine creation can reflect itself.  Within this manifestation God's essential aspects of love, compassion, strength, and kindness, to name just a few, are manifested as well.  Unfortunately, in the process of the human development, the ego developes as well and thus the separation from Divine spirit and the 'forgetting' begins. 

The egoic mind continues the separation/individuation process, creating the 'I'm in control' dominance, while true spirit moves into the background.  It is part of our purpose to take the inner journey to reconnect with the Divine essential nature that we are and learn how to live in the world as spiritual beings.

Many blessings to you.

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I think of God as a farmer and sower of seeds of life for all creatures. He prepares living things and they in turn produce a spirit and this our creator harvests after we and other creations have lived in a new joy and form of expression. Our spirits go to be with God and become a part of the one great light or spirit of all creation and the universe.
    I can think of no more a beautiful and wonderful way that our great Artist or creator, as we call Him, could mold from the earthen clay and paint such a radiant rainbow of beauty, than to make living things and provide sanctuary for the spirit that will later join the family of light.
    I am thankful to God for the mind that he gave me so that I can appreciate this marvelous world and all that is in it.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image64
    Tusitala Tomposted 6 years ago

The way it's been put to me is that when we were The Whole (God) we are unable to experience anything.  We need 'relativity.' e.g. I am here, you are there.  I am big, that is small.   This is hot, this is cold.   If you are omniscient, omnipresent, and omini potent et cetera you cannot experience anything because you ARE everything and every thing.   In other words The Whole deliberately split into fragments, bits, pieces, lesser than The Whole that it might experience itself.   

The story of the 'Little Soul and the Sun' as told in one of Neale Donald Walsch's bestselling books, Conversations with God (not sure which of the trilogy) explains it very well.

5. terrektwo profile image83
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

I agree with whonunuwho about god being like a farmer sowing seeds, we are his creations he wants to see us grow and become strong spiritually he wants to take pride in who and what we become as individuals and as a people.

6. liftandsoar profile image79
    liftandsoarposted 6 years ago

On what biblical grounds do you say that we were "with God as spirit"?  That sounds more like eastern mysticism than Christianity.  While God has an eternal past, human beings don't.  We begin at the moment of conception and have an eternal future but not an eternal past, except in the plan of God.

7. noturningback profile image76
    noturningbackposted 6 years ago

Genesis 1:26:Job 33:4;Jeremiah 1:5 (about the prophet and I'm sure us as well) and Ecclesistes 12:7 and others are the basis for my comment we were with God as spirit.

Thank you for the comments everyone. This will probably be my first question I ask the LORD when I see Him! I am thinking about turning this and other questions into a hub, what do think?

8. WD Curry 111 profile image61
    WD Curry 111posted 6 years ago

That's easy. Everyone knows the answer to that question.

9. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

God created the earth and wanted someone to care for His creation.

10. capricornrising profile image61
    capricornrisingposted 6 years ago

Genesis of course. Man was created to have dominion over the Earth and its creatures, to be its steward and caretaker. How are we doing so far?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)