jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What is the different between living and existing?

1. JosieLee profile image77
    JosieLeeposted 6 years ago

What is the different between living and existing?

2. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 6 years ago

the difference between living and existing is this
    Living is soaking up, wallowing in, relishing, devouring, and gobbling up  each moment of the day as it begins. Being truly happy to be alive and to be able  to experience the new twenty four hours that is unfolding is LIVING.
    Existing is N O T.

3. Seeker7 profile image97
    Seeker7posted 6 years ago

This is just a personal opinion but for me existing would be just going through the essentials to keep the physical body alive - eating, sleeping, waking etc. almost robotic like with no sense of attachment or interaction with anything or anyone. Where as living is to be intereactive and responsive to everything and everyone around you, and experiencing the whole range of emotions that life brings with it.

4. ii3rittles profile image81
    ii3rittlesposted 6 years ago

To live life is to feel all the emotions, make mistakes, learn from those mistakes, chase your dreams, love, fight for what you believe in, ect.

Existing is just going through the motions. Not trying anything new or creative, just, kind of, being physically there but emotionally drawn away.

5. Grime Remix profile image60
    Grime Remixposted 6 years ago

In my opinion living consists of the activities you engage in.  Whatever action you take from day to day and what it takes to actually survive. 

Existing is something you experience.  The experience of life and basically having consciousness.

6. profile image0
    Dr Mohamed Rabieposted 6 years ago

I think that although every one on earth exists in our world, this doesn't mean that he/she is a live. Simply, because physical existence in our world isn't enough to be happy in your life or you can called that you are living your life. Life without making the people around you happy is useless. In this case, if you never exist, this will be more better. That is my opinion.

7. EyesStraightAhead profile image83
    EyesStraightAheadposted 6 years ago

In my opinion, living is allowing yourself to experience every moment of life. To enjoy the smell of the flowers, to love the moments of silence by a waterfall, to take a ride on the local merry go round. Living is allowing oneself to live in the moment instead of planning the journey. Existing is going from one moment to the next and not enjoying anything from it. To not see the forest for the trees. Existing is when you spend your whole life planning where you are going and what you will do, instead of living each moment to the fullest. We have to decide which we will do...and it isn't always an easy decision in this society.

8. engelfantasydream profile image58
    engelfantasydreamposted 6 years ago

for me living means living it up your purpose why we are here on earth..making a great impact in this world and to the people around you and just having the kind of life you envision for  yourself..having fun and chilling hahaha

existing is we exist hahaha we breath..we are alive but not necessary we got a life hahaha..

in living we are alive and we got a life to live, a purpose
    in existing we exist we are alive but no life or purpose or what so ever

9. profile image10
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

Mere existence is eating, drinking and merry making but living is living in the Self which is the inner inspiration. Love, Peace, Righteousness, Truth and Non-violence are the jewels one wear when he really lives in the Self.

10. Bella Nina profile image73
    Bella Ninaposted 6 years ago

Love and purpose in your life with a sense of hope.

working