jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

What is your religion and why?

1. tgopfrich profile image81
    tgopfrichposted 6 years ago

What is your religion and why?

2. A Happy Man profile image67
    A Happy Manposted 6 years ago

Christian.  Because I believe.  I have faith.  That's really the total deal.

3. catalystsnstars profile image73
    catalystsnstarsposted 6 years ago

Religion is the why, and that is what it is. We have way too many questions in this short period of life, so we create an idea that will last through many generations and can be added to and prodded and dissected. Then we throw in some rules and assign it to a higher authority and live our lives by it. Unfortunately it has taken some to the edges of moral corruption and left others with feelings of pure hatred. But fortunately for others it's a reassuring belief system that keeps them serving humanity in astounding and inspiring ways.

4. Jackie Lynnley profile image87
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 6 years ago

I am a Christian because Jesus entered my heart in a church meeting when I was twelve and he had been pulling me many weeks but I kept fighting but once I accepted His salvation crying and laughing through thankfulness and happiness and being spirit filled; He has always been with me through everything life has brought. I cannot imagine what I would have been or done or made it even without Jesus by my side, He knowing exactly what living in the flesh is like but keeping me in the spirit to help me resist temptations and to know how grand eternity will be.

5. Jesus was a hippy profile image60
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

I dont have any religion for the simple reason that every religion I have studied has lacked evidence or there has been evidence to the contrary and therefore renders any claims made by the religion unbelievable.

6. Elbeto94 profile image68
    Elbeto94posted 6 years ago

I represent God in my own way, I look for him through my own ways, I talk to him in my own time. I have nothing against religion, but their way to represent this incredible being or thing is not how I see him and their way to structure a method to reach for him is not how I like to seek him. I believe that God is everywhere at all times and that you can speak to him when ever you like, there is no special way to get him into your heart or to seek for miracles. He is simply everything, that is my religion.

7. mintinfo profile image75
    mintinfoposted 6 years ago

My religion is reality which means that I do not believe in organized religion. I live by altruistic values. Religion was and still is used to exploit and enslave the physical bodies and spiritual minds of Af-RA-kans.

8. Rah128 profile image60
    Rah128posted 6 years ago

Hi all read all your Answers, find it hard to belive why individuals would belive one religion over another purely because they can trace it back a bit further then others.
    So what is difference between them all?
    How can we prove one to be right more over the other?
    Why should religion hold different moral values to someone that does not belive, in this day and age we should all know whats whats wrong and right without the interference of a higher bieng.
    If we cant tell the difference without a so called God, what hope do we have as a human race.  (Shafted comes into mind smile. )
    To all that do belive in a faith please don't take this as an attack against you personally, it is merly my thoughts against religous belifes.
    Thanks Rah

9. Samson117 profile image60
    Samson117posted 6 years ago

I don't have a religion because I don't NEED a religion. I don't need religion and the promise of eternal salvation to prevent me from murdering someone or stealing. It isn't religion that compels me to be kind to another living being. Also, I don't need a religion to tell me what's going to happen to me after I die. I know exactly what will happen to me once I die, and anyone with a little common sense and some education could figure it out as well.

10. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

r

11. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 6 years ago

I am a Christian and the reason why is, it is the religion of Jesus.

working