jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How far does someone have to push you before you no longer forgive them?

1. MilesArmbruster profile image61
    MilesArmbrusterposted 6 years ago

How far does someone have to push you before you no longer forgive them?

Forgiveness is tough. What is the limit of forgiveness. Is forgiving someone else even possible?

2. Mr. Happy profile image84
    Mr. Happyposted 6 years ago

Forgiveness is boundless; limitless.

I can forgive anyone, mistakes happen ... it's good to learn from them though. I appreciate people that learn from mistakes. When You forgive others, You forgive yourself as well.

We are All One - it is the "Law of One". Cheers!

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image58
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Forgiveness doesn't mean we believe that what a person did is excusable - it just means we hand judgment over to God. He commanded us to forgive and we need to leave vengeance to God.

He said, "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.." (Romans 12:19)

It all comes down to whether we take God at His word or not. There's the human factor - wanting to get even, but we have to muster the spiritual strength to let it go and let God handle it. He can do it much better than we can anyway!

4. Craig Suits profile image76
    Craig Suitsposted 6 years ago

Oh about 40 t0 45 feet I would suspect.....An impossible question to answer considering the multitudes of variables within each individuals personal world not to speak of endless unknows as yet.

Oh and by the way...There is no god as you believers seem to percieve of one. Show me the tinyest bit of realistic, scientific proof and I'll pay all your "tithes" for the rest of your life...

5. MilesArmbruster profile image61
    MilesArmbrusterposted 6 years ago

Craig Suits,

It is interesting that you are still debating questions from 19th century philosophy in the 21st century. It has been a long time since anyone has asked for "scientific" proof for "spiritual" reality. Even the least astute thinker realizes that if God is a Spirit, as most religions believe anyway, you can't prove or disprove Him through science or through any other physical method of observation or inquiry.

But that is not really of consequence. I can see from your answer that you are neither equipped to answer the question I asked, nor are you interested in answering it. By adding a sarcastic answer to a serious question, you demonstrate that you are not interested in dialog, but you desire merely to be belligerent and insulting to people who don't agree with you. It does make me curious, why would you spend even one minute using an open forum like Hubpages if you have no intention of discussing issues without being insulting?

Oh, and for the record, let me help you understand what tithing is. Tithing is not about the money, it is a form of worship and faith in God. A person offers the gift from their own resources as a humble and trusting response to what God has provided. As a result, you could never pay anyone's tithe for them.

6. d.william profile image61
    d.williamposted 6 years ago

Your question has nothing to do with god or religion.  Forgiveness is simply the ability to give up a resentment toward someone who has done us a wrong, either perceived or real.
    The only person who has any vested interest in forgiveness is the person who has been harmed either physically or emotionally. 
    Psychology teaches us that harboring ANY negative emotion to a point of obsession is harmful to the body and the mind.  If one chooses to harbor ill feelings they simply allow someone else to intrude on their well being. 
    Forgiveness is a form of healing that is only attained by a person's willingness to disavow another person's power to affect their lives. 
    Non-forgiveness is simply the harmed person's self imposed punishment for something they had no control over.  When carrying resentment becomes more burdensome than the positiveness of gaining sympathy from others for carrying it, it is time to discard it. 
    It may be more practical to continue the resentment, if it teaches us to avoid similar situations in the future, and we can go on with our lives with that knowledge instead of it being a crippling event.

working