Have you been on an Alpha Course?

1. Derek Slark profile image82
    Derek Slarkposted 6 years ago

Have you been on an Alpha Course?

Alpha is a course designed for people who don’t regularly attend church and are interested in finding out about the Christian faith. Normally held one evening a week for a number of weeks, it covers a different aspect of christianity in each session. It is a place where you can share you own thoughts in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere.

Have you been on the Course? What was the outcome? What was your impression of it? Did you find it helpful?

2. techygran profile image92
    techygranposted 6 years ago

Yes, my husband and I attended an Alpha course several years ago.  We were regular church attendees already (in a different denomination from the group that put on the Alpha program) but had heard that it was an interesting course and we were curious and wanting to expand our social/faith circle.  It was, as you say, a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and we made some very nice friends.  We enjoyed listening to what Nicky Gumble had to say.  My husband was a group facilitator the second year we were there and had an opportunity to share some of what he believes that is from a slightly different perspective from Nicky Gumble's (my husband was "invited" to do so by the people in his group).  We liked the well-thought-out process of bringing people together to learn about Jesus Christ.  I happily recommend the program to anyone who is looking for a way to 'gentle back' into Christian fellowship and for people who perhaps don't know much about Christianity but want to.  It is very amenable for post-modern folks.

working