jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (84 posts)

Who among you can find fault with The Messiah Jesus ?

1. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image55
    LEFT HAND OF GODposted 7 years ago

Let us be serious.

1. SimeyC profile image90
      SimeyCposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I am not religious - but if I was I'd say it is not my place to find fault in Jesus....God is the only one who can truly find fault...

LEFT HAND OF GODposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Honest and sincere reply, thanks big_smile

2. Dgerrimea profile image63
      Dgerrimeaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Matthew 6:25-34 is completely immoral, and was an evil thing for Jesus to preach.

1. Cagsil profile image60
        Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Care to explain for those of us, who are not fluent in scripture?

1. Dgerrimea profile image63

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?se … ersion=KJV

He teaches people not to plan for their future well being, and to instead trust in god to provide them with food, clothing, etc. Jesus sums it up at it end with: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
          Not moral teaching by any stretch of the imagination.

Thank you smile

2. mobilephone guide profile image57
            mobilephone guideposted 7 years agoin reply to this

well, the future is just imagination and the past are just memories. what happens in the present is the real one, whatever you do in that time is yours alone. i don't find that faulty.

1. mohitmisra profile image55
              mohitmisraposted 7 years agoin reply to this

"Living in the now is being one with god,
              Or else one is just a fraud."

"Live now and plan for tomorrow,
              Otherwise expect sorrow." smile

2. wyanjen profile image83
        wyanjenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

hmmm. I see where you are coming from. Don't worry, be happy!

I don't think that was quite what he meant. lol

1. wyanjen profile image83

lol lol
            No, that was sarcastic.
            Plenty of people in the past few years have learned (especially in my area) that there really isn't anybody that will help you out if you can't take care of yourself.
            This conversation has put the Hurricane Katrina flood in my brain.

That's okay.

Even my interpretation of that verse, doesn't seem immoral.

Maybe it is because of my understanding of Jesus Christ and what I have learned about his teachings.

For it to be immoral, it has to be harmful to the overall of society and it isn't. At least from the 'way' I'm looking at it.

I admit, I had to read it a few times to see where Dgerrimea was talking about.
                But I do see where he is coming from.

Leadership should do more than tell people not to worry about taking care of tomorrow, and to just be happy today.

What was the fable about the ant and the grasshopper? The ant and... whichever animal didn't store food for the winter. Grasshopper I think lol
                That's what I meant with the Don't worry be happy remark. Should have added the rolling eyes guy to it roll LOL

So, I do see that concept as immoral. It harms society by giving false security.
                Although I can't speak for him and he hasn't come back.

lol  lol

btw   way cool pic

3. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image55

Well thanks for your input, but you lack understanding of the passage. big_smile

He did not mean what you say.

He means that by all of your worrying you cannot add control everything.

He taught to prepare as well in other places, this was about worrying about the day to day evils, problems, plans etc.

He was speaking on only focusing our lives about earthly things that perish.

Understanding Hebrew idioms is important.

1. Dgerrimea profile image63

You're not helping your case. 'Problems and plans' are exactly what we should be focusing on, neglecting them will obviously lead to suffering. So to encourage people to neglect them is to promote suffering. Hence Jesus was teaching immoral ways, at least in this instance.

3. mohitmisra profile image55

Not me , he is one of my heroes. smile

4. cheaptrick profile image77
      cheaptrickposted 7 years agoin reply to this

To my understanding God became fully human through Christ and experienced everything that humans do.Humans have faults .It is our nature,there fore,God became human through Christ and humans have faults so Christ must have had faults.

God exists in every human and not only Jesus. smile
        Omnipresent- present in all, everything.

1. topgunjager profile image60
          topgunjagerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

it's amazing that you know that for a fact=)

2. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

I do not find fault with Jesus Christ.

I also don't consider him "The Messiah", either.

Thank you for your opinion. smile

3. wyanjen profile image83
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

I am not religious.
    I like Thomas Jefferson's opinion on this subject. He was also not religious.

Jesus (as a philospher, not a messiah) is responsible for "the most sublime and benevolent code of morals which has ever been offered to man."

To be honest, I don't know any atheists who find fault with Jesus. What has been written about him, yes. But not the man himself.

smile

Hey wyanjen,

How are you?

I agree with you.

The fact- Jesus Christ was made out to be a 'messiah' by religion, when he never even taught religion, is what amazes me the most.

Howdy! I'm good. You been good?

It's a little strange to me that years of catechism did nothing for me, but one paragraph in a history book turned me on to this idea. who'da thunk? If you take out the divinity, you really are left with some valuable stuff.

Me be good? Who would think such things?

I began as a catholic. My mom put me in classes when I was younger. As I got older, I did as she wished and completed communion and confirmation.

After which, I had one question and I posed it to a priest, to see if I could get an answer.

The question I asked- How do you know the scriptures were properly interpreted by the scholars? He said, "You got to have faith my boy".

Now, it was just him and me, having this conversation and he is no longer alive, but when he told to research the scriptures, I did exactly that. Probably even more than he thought I would, and I found the scriptures to have been researched by others before me, and what they found was truly amazing.

There are suppose to be more scriptures of Jesus Christ's teachings. Yet, you will not find them. Why? Because, the church couldn't fit them into any form of religious document. So, they(higher powers of the church) left them out.

I was amazed. Then, I learned- Jesus Christ wasn't really a minister of religion. He was a teacher of consciousness. He helped early man, with a primitive language, to find consciousness within themselves, so they could think introspectively about the World.

With or without a religious perspective, he was an important figure.

You have studied the subject WAY more than I have. I'm a natural non-believer I guess you could say. Not for lack of trying though - it was hard being the only atheist in the family. I always thought there was something wrong with me lol
            I decided in first grade that santa could only have that much magic if he was Jesus In Disguise.
            So guess what happened to my religion when I realized that santa's handwriting was exactly the same as my mother's handwriting...
            (No, I didn't jump to the conclusion that my mother was also Jesus In Disguise - I went the other way completely HA)

lol  lol

btw...I have no affilation with any sort of religion whatsoever. I am simply me. Religious free.

2. Jewels profile image84
            Jewelsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You guys, I'm loving you more and more each time I read you.  I had a similar experience with a priest when I was in Catholic grade school.

He (Jesus, not my grade school priest) was indeed a teacher of consciousness, bless his little cotton socks.  The teaching of consciousness is dear to me and seems to be something lost among the scriptured ones.

Hey, not sure if you've read it, but a great way of looking at Jesus the man and what he achieved in terms of a spiritual transformation is in the book The Nine Faces of Christ.  I read it during a meditation sit.  Was wonderful how it portrayed Jesus the man (as normal as you and me) who went through the trials of a spiritual initiate to reach enlightenment.

That aside - Jesus the man is not going to do any messiahing for anyone else.  Unfortunately so much is misread and misunderstood in the bastardized bible I'm starting to get concerned about those who think they've been born again, but really haven't.

Anyway, moving right along, Jesus did have faults.  He was a man and an imperfect one.  If he was perfect from the start, how would he become enlightened and SHOW PEOPLE THE WAY?  Amusing what people do with their pulpits these days.

Hey Jewels,

I am not sure about the book you are talking about, but I've got research note from several sources I found about humans and the evolution(mind leap) from animal reactionary(nature's automatic guidance system) to human consciousness, it deals with a lot of Jesus' work and especially the time in which he lived.

1. Jewels profile image84

That book is really written as a novel, and does not intend to portray truth.  What was so strong in it's delivery was how different religions are really intended to lead to the same thing.  The Nazareen went through different initiations as would be experienced through different sects.  As a result of how this book was written you could see the humanness of what it takes to be an initiate.  It also filled in the 'missing years' of Jesus.

2. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image55

Very interesting and thanks big_smile

You bet  smile

4. Sexy jonty profile image53
    Sexy jontyposted 7 years ago

I am a religious person and have respect for all the religion ....

Don't find fault for the one who created you .....
    If you are been created by him ..... then you are the biggest fault by him .....  who are daring to say that ....

Please don't loose your moral ..... he is watching every bit of you ... don't disrespect him ......

big_smile   big_smile   big_smile

As I learned (catholic), Jesus was the creator's son, not the creator himself.
        This is a point where our nice pleasant forum may take a turn...
        lol

And that is a symbolic metaphor, as we are all the son/daughters of a creator.  So Jesus was no different to us. And as a man no different to us, he showed everyone how to get their butts off the couch and get enlightened. smile

5. Pr0metheus profile image59
    Pr0metheusposted 7 years ago

I don't know about actually finding faults that were Jesus'.  I can find lots of faults in what man wrote Jesus said (in the bible).

Well thanks for the honest answer man. big_smile

I is very hard to find fault with Him for sure.

1. Pr0metheus profile image59
        Pr0metheusposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, I think he was a great man (not saying son of god, although not ruling it out).  Man twisted his words to gain power.

I'm not pushing it, but based on your thoughts here I think you would enjoy reading Jefferson's Bible. You don't need belief and if you have doubt, you can find some great stuff buried in there. Its fascinating. I'm assuming you have not read it, you may already have...

Jefferson's Bible, huh?  Never even heard of it.  Any background info?

Please don't think I am promoting, I was fairly sure you had heard of it.

I have studied this for months before I decided to hub it.
              Yes, I am a nerd LOL
              Here it is if you are interested...

http://hubpages.com/hub/Jeffersons-bible-Most-sublime

LOL, I'll check it out.

2. Cagsil profile image60

Nerd? Naw....very logical precise women...a very excellent quality.

Reserve that opinion until you see the graphics I photoshopped LOL
                  Thank you for the kind words. In the outside world, I am the worst of nerds LOL I fit in very well on hub pages.

sleep time for me

later gaters
                    HAGN

6. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 7 years ago

And in terms of this forum topic, it portrayed how the 'faults' in a man must be overcome in order to achieve a high state of consciousness as it appears Jesus did - or so we are told.  One of the first initiations he went through was missing dinner after a very hard days work.  Now that separates the boys from the men, but in fact it's separating our animal grasping for food, from our higher self.  As with many temptations Jesus the man went through, he did indeed have faults.

Well, he was human. So yes faults? But, nothing more than anyone else.

When he broke through to enlightenment(consciousness) he did believe he was a 'god' because that's what it felt like.

It was a feeling he wanted to pass on to others, so they too could experience what he did.

He realized the teachings of religious/spiritual leaders of his time were wrongly enslaving humans for their own amusement and refused to teach their text or beliefs. Therefore, he used coded message, which baffled even some of the 'mystics' or 'oracles' of his time.

This threatened those in power. He didn't die for our sins, we was executed because he wouldn't stop freeing people's minds.

Freeing peoples minds is akin to Steiners model of subtle bodies when he speak about a transformed Astral body (thoughts and emotions).  This is really the transformation of the soul. It's interesting the symbology of the death and resurrection is more akin to Steiners model of a transformed physical body.  A transformed Physical body is also spoken about in Hindu teachings (you'll have to excuse me I'm not savvy with all religious teachings).  The Mother and Sri Aurobindo speak about this.  To achieve this state is said to be impossible by a mere human. For Jesus to undergo this is huge in terms of a spiritual transformation.

I really don't think anyone died for anyones sins.  It was more that a man showed the way.  "Hey guys, this is how you do it."  The teachings of this is way off center.

2. LEFT HAND OF GOD profile image55

You have stated several times in the thread that Jesus had faults and yet where is your indictment?

I've said many times previously that he was a man.  Men who are human have faults.  No more needs to be said.

Point one out then.
          What about Him that was recorded do you find fault with?
          Because the record states an opposing view from what you hold.

Men who are born of natural causes are full of faults, yes.

Jesus was a man.  If you wish to talk about God (I'm assuming that's the HIM you are referring to) then it's a different subject.

Remember when the poor guy was hanging from that wooden cross, he lost his perfection when he doubted the head honcho.  Humans do that from time to time, that's why humans are humans.

He had sex with Mary Magdeline, but I don't see that as a fault at all, more the needs of a man to be in touch with his feminine self.  Depends on whether your church does not accept Jesus as having sex.  There is symbology to his relationship with Mary Magdeline and it's not necessarily a physical one but a spiritual one.  In terms of transformation it is necessary to find your wholeness - if you are a man yourself, then you would need to find your feminine inside.  Now to do this, it's not about a tolerance in marriage, but tolerance with yourself.

Now I could tell you a few things about me finding my male side.  Would blow you away. But then again, that's not a fault so it's really irrelevant.  Was an absolutely phenomenal spiritual experience.

You also need to clarify what you regard as 'fault'  Anything that is not in oneness with Christ Consciousness would be regarded as imperfect.

2. mohitmisra profile image55

Men who are born of natural causes are full of faults,
            who really knows, Osho said Jesus was a bastard.

Most spiritual teachers of a high caliber are bastards.  They have to be in order to reflect their students untransformed or lets say faulty bits - just to keep it in line with the topic!

It is a difficult job .smile
                The only fault I would have against Jesus is if he said" no one goes to the father except through me" that is such a lie. smile

1. underhiswings profile image55
                  underhiswingsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Men like you hate the notion that there is only ONE WAY.

Messiah also said that
                  "straight and narrow is the way that leads to life and few there be that find it."

So combine the 2 statements and you have
                  "no one comes to The Father except through Me and straight and narrow is this way that leads to life and few will find it"

Compared to "broad is the way that leads to destruction and many are on it"

Mankind hates it when they are told "walk in this way and you will find life"

They instead say "no, I will make my own way and you can take a hike because I know best God, so get lost will You?"

Mohit, if you insist that Messiah lied about anything He said, then you deny all that He said, for He always spoke the truth, because He Himself is the truth and nobody else is the embodiment of truth but HE !

"I AM THE WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIFE"

HE did not say " I am 'a way a truth and a life' "

An ocean of a difference between the 2.

1. Evolution Guy profile image61
                    Evolution Guyposted 7 years agoin reply to this

LOLOL

Men like you hate the notion that this is garbage.

Which it is. smile

Sorry - your ridiculous beliefs are just that - ridiculous.

Too bad huh? wink

2. mohitmisra profile image55

I am already enlightened , fused with god the Light who is within me .What I did was meditate like Jesus and the other masters said.

Messiah also said that
                    "straight and narrow is the way that leads to life and few there be that find it."
                    This means meditation or one pointed concentration and I teach the same thing Jesus did.

So combine the 2 statements and you have
                    "no one comes to The Father except through Me and straight and narrow is this way that leads to life and few will find it"
                    "no one comes to The Father except through M-  "this is a lie.:

Many have gained enlightenment before Jesus was here on this planet,I did and I didn't believe in Jesus or god .

Mohit, if you insist that Messiah lied about anything He said, then you deny all that He said, for He always spoke the truth, because He Himself is the truth and nobody else is the embodiment of truth but HE !

If he said no man comes to the father except through me then yes he did lie.
                    I appreciate and understand Jesus a lot better than you do.

I am the truth but you need to be in a similar vibration to understand. Why else would my work get ranked next to the Bible?

7. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Jewels,

I can only believe that it would be theory, as to where Jesus Christ was or went after he was born.

Considering, there is not any text about it. My research note, makes a note that he was taken in by some scholars or noblemen, so as to help him break through to enlightenment(consciousness).

After, we was taught other things before he left to go on to do what was claimed.

So, I'm not exactly sure.

I don't think anyone is sure. From my understanding of how one reaches higher states, call it Christ Consciousness which is really beyond the term enlightenment.  These days you can buy enlightenment anywhere in India for not much moola.  Christ Consciousness (that which Jesus has achieved) is a massive undertaking of spiritual practices.  It's worth a read just as a novel to get some understanding of what's required.  Buddhist monks go through these trials for instance, not the same as in the book.  But a spiritual initiate does more than sit on ones backside in church.  And it has naught to do with reading scriptures either - that won't get anyone to heaven.

Did you know? The people Jesus Christ had for followers at the time of his teaching....were humans yes, but didn't know of their own existence.

They couldn't think even a single thought on their own.

Ahhhh, No I didn't realize that was portrayed in the teachings of Jesus Christ.  Holy moley!  I do know that a series of books Atlantean Secrets (no not the lost city), is about an epoch of time where this was the case.  Now this is really where humans were less physical and more etheric.  It's like we had not become as dense or as evolved physically as we are now.  In terms of consciousness these people were sleepers, not conscious of their own existence outside of their immediate environment.  I use the term evolved physically - not at all spiritually evolved.  I think we are going backward in this.

Interesting too is the model of Pre-personal (the epoch where people were not conscious of a separation), then the personal stage which is where we are now - for good or bad, and then the transpersonal.  And to become transpersonal one has to transform their Astral body (mind and emotions) through an awakening of consciousness and deconstruction of all that is not of the Self but conditioned behaviour.

8. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 7 years ago

Jesus had to teach is followers how to talk. The primitive language of the time wasn't even known to them. He literally had to teach the how put context into words, so they could be able to stop, look at the world introspect, evaluate and think of what they were to do next. Like such as find food, what water was and other things.

He didn't want any of his followers to choose the path of the religious zealots preaching mystical false gods, because he himself knew their gods didn't exist.

That's the part I loved about his teachings. It is similar to what I try to do, when I talk to people.

I want people to realize that there are only a few rules, humans truly need to live by and none of them can be taught by religious text or scripture, because after Jesus Christ was executed....those in power incorporated his teachings(leaving out what didn't fit) as a part of their religious teachings.

It's absolutely amazing the clarity I have on life now.

Great to hear.

Good night Jewels.

You take care and we'll talk more some other time.

Nite.

9. underhiswings profile image55
    underhiswingsposted 7 years ago

I find no fault.

10. underhiswings profile image55
    underhiswingsposted 7 years ago

I find no fault.

11. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image90
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

He had ugly feet.

Is that as serious as you get ?

And as far as anarchy goes, are you really for it?
      Serious?

1. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image90
        EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years agoin reply to this

When you ask a silly question you should expect silly answers. Especially when some variation of that same silly question is asked about 50 times a day in this forum and receives the same slightly reworded answers every time.

EYE certainly AM4ANARCHY. Serious.

12. kirstenblog profile image76
    kirstenblogposted 7 years ago

I cannot find anything to fault Jesus with. I can see a lot to fault in the religions and people who have created these religions. The biggest being the level of control over peoples lives that religions assume, these things are still run by flawed power hungry humans.

13. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 7 years ago

Jesus teaches us to be meek and humble. Being meek and humble is an invitation for bad people to enter our lives. It's funny, most of the people who are getting effed with are the meek and humble ones. Who would want to spend their lives being effed with all the time? Jesus also teaches us not to fight back like when he was being tortured and beaten up, why would anyone not want to defend themselves? He also said that "ask and ye shall receive". I'm sure millions of prayers are already been done to get rid of deadly diseases like aids and cancer, how come none of them were prayed away? He also said that it is easier for a camel to go through an eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the gates of heaven. Why is that? A lot of poor people chose to be poor by being lazy and doing nothing for themselves while a lot of rich people came to be because they decided to work hard and have a prosperous life so why are the rich a bad example? i thought god gave us the power to make things happen for ourselves yet the poor ones who chose not to better themselves and live a prsperous life are going to heaven. What's so wrong about living a prosperous life? From what I observed, Jesus is a bad example in some ways, it looks like all he wants us to do is keep taking shnit from people around us=)

1. underhiswings profile image55
      underhiswingsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You lack wisdom and understanding regarding these things.

Your opinion comes from pride, arrogance and ignorance, you do not have the eyes to see as of yet. Do you want to?

Humility and meekness is power under control, it is NOT "weakness"

Messiah said to be as wise as a serpent and yet gentle as a dove.

Do you know what that means?

1. topgunjager profile image60
        topgunjagerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I know that you're a mindless religious robot who will believe anything a book says instead of looking around you, you know, the real world, thanks for judging me by the way, just as jesus would do right mr. Holy man? God bless you=)

2. profile image0
      Marc Salyerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I see where you're coming from and you could make that argument if the culture of Israel in the first century was the same as the current Western culture but the fact is they are really different.

Cultural distinctions are not your only faulty starting points. Some of the paraphrases and quotes you presented were pulled right from their context. There are plenty of examples of wealthy and righteous people from the Newer Testament. Yeshua wasn't condemning wealth but (and it's pretty apparent in the text) He was condemning faith in wealth.

Yeshua never condemned money but rather "the love of money". Prosperity isn't an issue of right or wrong in the Bible. Withholding wages from workers is. Wealth isn't condemned by Yeshua. Trusting in wealth to console you in hardship, gloating over the weak and oppressed, depriving your charges of their earnings these are all the crimes of the wealthy. As for the poor. There is plenty of criticism in the Newer Testament for those who refuse to work, etc...

14. earnestshub profile image89
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

These days the bible can be seen as a pile of sick psychs trying to describe the human condition, what a ridiculous thing it is to hang on to.

working