jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Inbred or ignorance?

1. cherriquinn profile image74
    cherriquinnposted 5 years ago

Inbred or ignorance?

Do you think views and opinions are inbred and  ignorance plays a huge part in what we thik and say? I have been shocked at some of the answers Ive read on hubpages on certain subjects.

2. SidKemp profile image96
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

No, I think that our conditioning is deep, and most people are rigidly locked into it and unconscious. Remember that there are former terrorists who have gone on to win the Nobel Peace Prize - and some of them deserved it, due to the deep change they made through awareness and insight. May we always hold hope that we, and others, can grow and learn on the way of peace.

3. Catzgendron profile image73
    Catzgendronposted 5 years ago

Ignorance may be bliss for you yet harmful to another. read more

4. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Though stupidity exist, I believe it is our surrounding environments that influence they way we think.  Some people become very narrow minded so their views are distorted or flat in surmising opinions.  Those who have been open to recieving widening bands of knowledge tend to give the most educated and sensable answers.  Then again, sometimes people just want to spout off!

5. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 5 years ago

Hi cherriquinn

I am constantly shocked at the kind of responses I see to videos on the Internet. To a certain extent, people feel at liberty to show their darkside with impunity in cyberspace. Frankly, I sometimes I read answers, comments, and think to myself: 'You don't mean that! You cant possibly mean that!'

Indeed, on the odd occasion I see a comment on one of my hubs that I regard as 'beyond the pale,' as it were, I react with the same kind of bemused skepticism. I sometimes think that people are being deliberately provocative, trying to 'get a rise' of us sane people, you know.

Also, we probably have to factor in 'bots. You know, bots? Apparently the Internet is infested (maybe not infested) with automated message-sending entities of an artificial nature.

Also, to digress slightly, I know you've heard about 'spinning' software that some people apparently use to construct hubs.

What I'm trying to say is that I know we Americans (assuming we're talking about the United States uses of HubPages) are not the most reflective, introspective, empathetic, or knowledgeable about world affairs (our leaders like us that way, I'm sure), but the ignorance you refer to, cherriquinn, just cannot be as deep and wide as it would appear to be on the surface. IT JUST CAN'T BE!!!

Take it easy! big_smile

6. Jaggedfrost profile image78
    Jaggedfrostposted 5 years ago

I am not sure what you mean by inbred unless it is a nicer way of saying idiotic.  As far as ignorant... it is a lot easier to purport some opinion then it is to do so in any sort of educated fashion.  With the amount of time it takes most people to come to a decent opinion, perhaps there is some phobia that the subject will become stale or expire in originality.  Who knows. But every now and then it is amusing to quiz people about their opinion, especially if the knowledge base behind it is obviously shallow.

7. Civil War Bob profile image60
    Civil War Bobposted 5 years ago

An askew Biblical view: Males were prototyped by the Original Dirtball (Adam).  Females were prototyped from used parts of said Dirtball (Eve).  Our species has been in-breeding for 6,000 years; which geneticists know reduces intelligence.
    Thus endeth this lesson for today!! wink

8. whonunuwho profile image80
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

You must be a redneck if...inbred is the way you like your raisins.

working