jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Who is the wisest man alive?

1. Nomascus concolor profile image61
    Nomascus concolorposted 5 years ago

Who is the wisest man alive?

2. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I would nominate Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh. He was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize by Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. He has worked ceaselessly around the world for over 50 years to bring peace, he embodies love for all, including his "enemies," the people who brought war to his nation and exiled him from his home. If wisdom manifests as the courage to love, then he is a shining example.

I'm sure there are many other wonderful people as well, and I look forward to learning about them in the answers others offer here.

3. CR Rookwood profile image85
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

Could the wisest man alive be a woman?

Anyhoo, don't look at ME, that's for sure! wink

4. Agnes Penn profile image80
    Agnes Pennposted 5 years ago

Jesus Christ is the wisest man alive.  No one can beat being God and man at the same time.

5. feenix profile image60
    feenixposted 5 years ago

The wisest person alive today is that one individual who knows that he/she does not know anything.

1. SidKemp profile image94
      SidKempposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed! And he or she will keep getting wiser!

6. ii3rittles profile image82
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

Jesus Christ, I'd half to say. He may not be here in the flesh, but he's here in the heart's of many faithful followers.

7. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

The wisest human being is the person who respects others and their beliefs and is true to himself, as well as others. The wisest man who has walked on the face of this earth is Jesus Christ and in the flesh, as well as in the spirit. For those who follow in Christ are following the good and right way, and they will gain their reward in Heaven.

8. Ciel Clark profile image74
    Ciel Clarkposted 5 years ago

I love this question but I don't think that there is any way for everyone to agree on what constitutes a wise man!  Personally speaking, your question brought to my mind four very wise (in totally different ways) men -- one is in tune with nature and the planet, one can make anything out of anything, one can get along with anyone, in any country, and one can figure out complex mathmatical and computer type problems.  They are all extremely gifted and wise in their own ways, but I have to say the wisest person I know... is my mother.  She has all of those qualities, and as the key point for me, she is happy.

9. JamesGrantSmith profile image58
    JamesGrantSmithposted 4 years ago

It depends on who you ask.

Personally i Don't think their is one wisest man alive since no one is perfect, so in one area one person may be wise but in another area the same guy may not be wise.

It is better to listen to various wise people to perform and influence you, allowing you to be the best you can be rather than follow one person religiously.