jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (13 posts)

If there was definitive proof that when you die, their is no after life, no heav

1. Peter Leeper profile image80
    Peter Leeperposted 5 years ago

If there was definitive proof that when you die, their is no after life, no heaven, hell, thought or

If there was definitive proof that when you die, their is no after life, no heaven, hell, thought or existence, how would it alter your behavior if at all?

(note: the question is not about what you believe to be true but what actually is fact in the scenario of the question)

2. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't change at all. I already live my life by that. I live for what I have here and that is all I need. No need to fear or hope for an afterlife when we already have a wonderful amount of time to live how we choose.

3. profile image0
    Team Leaderposted 5 years ago

Hello Peter,

To me it makes no difference at all. My goal is to be a good person that gives love and receives love. I do not fear retribution, I do not hope for a heaven, I do not mind to dissolve and return to the source of all life.

Your 'Team Leader'

4. Chris Neal profile image78
    Chris Nealposted 5 years ago

It would alter almost everything I do. Because the biggest question is not, is there an afterlife, but, is there a God? And my proof that has satisfied me to the existence of God has also satisifed me that there is an afterlife.

It would change everything.

5. Grim Master profile image61
    Grim Masterposted 5 years ago

Probably remain the same way I am. However, I may be a little more chaotic and outgoing to live life.

6. Bretsuki profile image78
    Bretsukiposted 5 years ago

It would not make a difference.

One should not live life in expectation of a reward. We should all make the best of what time we know we have. That is just the present. No one is guaranteed anything more than this very moment. So use that moment to the full and try to make a mark that  will leave people happier and richer than they would have been without you.

7. edhan profile image62
    edhanposted 5 years ago

Our faith and belief is an important part of our lives. It is like our goals where we seek to achieve.

If it comes a day when we have proof of no after life, it will still be the same as we seek a new goal for the next generation.

We are creatures of circumstances therefore we can adapt quickly to any form of changes and learn from it. Life goes on ...

8. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

First of all, I would be very sad
    My life has centered aroun the existence of a loving God who has promised me a place with Him in eternity. But nothing would change. I'm not going to start robbing banks and shooting people down in the streets. I would go on respecting life and living a life of love.

9. CBartelmey profile image76
    CBartelmeyposted 5 years ago

I think realizing that our actions have consequences here and now should always be the driving force behind our behavior, so no change for me.

10. nightwork4 profile image61
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

it wouldn't make any difference. i already no that's is what's going to happen. it would sure end religion fast though.

11. Radikum profile image60
    Radikumposted 5 years ago

First off, this is an interesting question!

Personally, I believe that uncertainty is a necessity of life; thus, knowing what awaits after you leave this plane would certainly (IMHO), cause people to act with a sense of urgency in seeking out dreams or goals. The only problem with that is it would be disingenuous for some people. I'm rambling, sorry! Honestly, if I could know the answer, I wouldn't want to know!

12. Matthew Weese profile image69
    Matthew Weeseposted 5 years ago

I think I would still try lo live life at it's fullest, I would try as hard as could to spend as much time with people in my life as I could, I personally believe there is a after life, or more like just an extension to this one......There is so much energy in the atmosphere to prove other wise.

13. whonunuwho profile image79
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

It would be impossible to realize such a scenario after we, as humans and most who have very strong religious beliefs and WE, after being exposed to why we are born, die and have after lives, can no longer relate to such a possible happenstance. As adults and experiencing life. as we know it, and having been given a choice in belief in a creator, and what to expect if we are not faithful in our beliefs, have meaning and a desire to procreate our species. We have high intellect and know in our hearts that there is a God. Living the good life and in following Him and having an after life in the spirit, is what allows most believers to lead a useful and sharing life that is meant to be. If there was no belief, utter chaos and destruction would reign foremost, and there could be no enjoyment in life at all, as we see today. Human kind would create kingly gods in some form on this earth and there could be no truth and goodness left in which we could all benefit from in our futures. This is why our Creator sent Jesus , His son to save the lives of those who would follow and provide a way to live in the spirit with our God.The fight of good against evil, has been a part of our existence and without the good, evil would self-destruct and all life would be gone from this world.

working