jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Is God made perfect, or did He learn his creation magic by trial and error?

1. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

Is God made perfect, or did He learn his creation magic by trial and error?

2. BHays profile image59
    BHaysposted 5 years ago

Why is the assumption made that God is male? What of God as universal, omni present, all inclusive,manifest and part of both male and female,plant and animal and intrinsically  entwined in the oneness of the universe. Enlightenment lies beyond a patriarchal personification,as evidenced in God knowing the spirit of women as well as men.Creation continues to change everyday,even witness to our own eyes on this planet within a mortal lifespan.God lives everywhere within these changes as do we all.

1. whonunuwho profile image78
      whonunuwhoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Although you appear to be more eloquent in your presentation, than I,BHAYS, It is refreshing to see that others feel basically as I do about Creation and the Creator.

2. backporchstories profile image80
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I could of easily said "She"...either way it was better than saying, "It".  I believe Creator is both...He/She.  Actually, I never said male, just He to refer to the Holy One!  I think you assumed that "He" was being used in gender fashion.  tsk tsk!

3. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

I believe that many assume that God or our Creator was a man, just like us as human kind. The Bible says that we were created in the image of god. It also says"WE created man" in the scriptures and perhaps the God that we worship, may have been more than one entity. I have my own beliefs about the creation and have expressed them in verse in some of my poetry. The grand creation process is an ongoing proposition and because we are but humans and limited in our intellect and brain power, we really can't conceive of a beginning or and end, unless we relate it to our births and deaths. It is the nature of the beast. What is infinity and can we really comprehend this word? Suppose trillions of tiny universes existed in animate and inanimate matter that we see every day. They have a nucleus, protons, neutrons that revolve about the core, in all matter. This is much like the picture that we have of what the universe looks like. in stars and galaxies and planets within each. Could god be a never ending revolving wheel of life giving forces that we, as humans, have given a face and our own basic characteristics? We have written records conceived and interpreted by men. This is our road map in which we are to live and in a state of goodness and clean of spirit. Why is this so? It prolongs life and makes life enjoyable and shared by all living creatures in our world! What would life be like without scriptures of the world's religions?

4. YvetteParker profile image75
    YvetteParkerposted 5 years ago

Was God's creation magical? Really? Being that He is the Creator and is omniscient, I don't think He had or has to learn how to do what only He can do.

1. backporchstories profile image80
      backporchstoriesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Magic is a loose term used to describe that which is unexplainable...I am suprise no one has brought up the story of Lilith yet!

5. Quirinus profile image74
    Quirinusposted 5 years ago

I believe in God’s omnipresence and omniscience.  That to me means he’s everywhere, all at the same time: past, present and future.  So the process of his creation and the result of his creation are both perfect because all interwoven factors are taken into consideration all at the same time.
    In the sense that the each set of four factors (past, present and future along with the space coordinates) are dynamic, you might say “trial and error” because God keeps adjusting dynamically to each moment according to the arising characteristics of those four factors.

1. cascoly profile image60
      cascolyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

so perfect includes cancer, mosquitoes and telemarketers?  if life were created perfect, why have most species on earth gone extinct over millions of years?

working