Is God made perfect, or did He learn his creation magic by trial and error?

Jump to Last Post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)
  1. backporchstories profile image78
    backporchstoriesposted 6 years ago

Is God made perfect, or did He learn his creation magic by trial and error?

2. BHays profile image60
    BHaysposted 6 years ago

Why is the assumption made that God is male? What of God as universal, omni present, all inclusive,manifest and part of both male and female,plant and animal and intrinsically  entwined in the oneness of the universe. Enlightenment lies beyond a patriarchal personification,as evidenced in God knowing the spirit of women as well as men.Creation continues to change everyday,even witness to our own eyes on this planet within a mortal lifespan.God lives everywhere within these changes as do we all.

1. whonunuwho profile image75
      whonunuwhoposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Although you appear to be more eloquent in your presentation, than I,BHAYS, It is refreshing to see that others feel basically as I do about Creation and the Creator.

2. backporchstories profile image78
      backporchstoriesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

I could of easily said "She"...either way it was better than saying, "It".  I believe Creator is both...He/She.  Actually, I never said male, just He to refer to the Holy One!  I think you assumed that "He" was being used in gender fashion.  tsk tsk!

3. whonunuwho profile image75
    whonunuwhoposted 6 years ago

I believe that many assume that God or our Creator was a man, just like us as human kind. The Bible says that we were created in the image of god. It also says"WE created man" in the scriptures and perhaps the God that we worship, may have been more than one entity. I have my own beliefs about the creation and have expressed them in verse in some of my poetry. The grand creation process is an ongoing proposition and because we are but humans and limited in our intellect and brain power, we really can't conceive of a beginning or and end, unless we relate it to our births and deaths. It is the nature of the beast. What is infinity and can we really comprehend this word? Suppose trillions of tiny universes existed in animate and inanimate matter that we see every day. They have a nucleus, protons, neutrons that revolve about the core, in all matter. This is much like the picture that we have of what the universe looks like. in stars and galaxies and planets within each. Could god be a never ending revolving wheel of life giving forces that we, as humans, have given a face and our own basic characteristics? We have written records conceived and interpreted by men. This is our road map in which we are to live and in a state of goodness and clean of spirit. Why is this so? It prolongs life and makes life enjoyable and shared by all living creatures in our world! What would life be like without scriptures of the world's religions?

4. YvetteParker profile image73
    YvetteParkerposted 6 years ago

Was God's creation magical? Really? Being that He is the Creator and is omniscient, I don't think He had or has to learn how to do what only He can do.

1. backporchstories profile image78
      backporchstoriesposted 6 years agoin reply to this

Magic is a loose term used to describe that which is unexplainable...I am suprise no one has brought up the story of Lilith yet!

5. Quirinus profile image70
    Quirinusposted 6 years ago

I believe in God’s omnipresence and omniscience.  That to me means he’s everywhere, all at the same time: past, present and future.  So the process of his creation and the result of his creation are both perfect because all interwoven factors are taken into consideration all at the same time.
    In the sense that the each set of four factors (past, present and future along with the space coordinates) are dynamic, you might say “trial and error” because God keeps adjusting dynamically to each moment according to the arising characteristics of those four factors.

1. cascoly profile image61
      cascolyposted 6 years agoin reply to this

so perfect includes cancer, mosquitoes and telemarketers?  if life were created perfect, why have most species on earth gone extinct over millions of years?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)