jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

Do you think that both believers and nonbelievers in God lack self confidence?

1. abo ajoba profile image60
    abo ajobaposted 5 years ago

Do you think that both believers and nonbelievers in God lack self confidence?

Do you think that both believers and nonbelievers in God lack self confidence in what they trust? It seems they are the confused people. Therefore, they ask for explanation again and again.

2. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

Yes.  However, the question eludes to the entire human race, therefore the entire human race lacks confidence in who they are by needing to argue the point of the existence or non existence of a God.

Anyone who looks outside of themselves to a deity of any kind (including God) to fulfill themselves, are not acknowledging their own self as an emanation of the source that is God.  Not staying centered within oneself is cause for doubt.

3. Georgie Lowery profile image93
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

I don't think that self confidence has anything to do with religion. As an atheist for over twenty years, I don't think I lack confidence at all. Most of the non-believers I know are well rounded, educated and open minded. People will be insecure because of their natures, not their religions.

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
    DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years ago

Not at all.  I think it is quite the other way around.  Those who are lacking in confidence are the ones who need the belief in a diety, so they have an outside source to ultimately 'blame' or 'credit' for everything that happens, whether good or bad.  They have not the confidence in their own actions to take the credit or the blame for their own decisions, so they ascribe everything that happens to an invisible, external force they call 'god.'

1. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image78
      Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Do we really need to blame anybody for our decisions in life, or better, learn to take and accept responsibility in this life and beyond as we have 'free will?'  Yet, is this free will not subject to judgment or wrath of our Creator for those astray?

2. DzyMsLizzy profile image97
      DzyMsLizzyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

@edwinoel--yes, most people DO feel the need to place blame--just look around!  As for the so-called "wrath " of some mythical "creator,"there is not room here--it would take volumes & years!  It HAS been pondered since humans learned to talk!

3. Edwinoel Tanglao profile image78
      Edwinoel Tanglaoposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Am not surprised of your belief as your intelligence is beyond you.  But I believe in Jesus not because of my brain or what I think he is, but because of faith and opening my heart and spirit further to him, and feel his guiding and enlightening spir

5. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

not at all. i guess in some cases people lack confidence but that's just part of being alive. i am completely confident that god is a myth and i honestly believe that very few people who claim to believe, do.

6. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

If you trust something then you should be confident in what ever the thing is that you trust.  To trust means to have confidence.  It does not mean to know for an absolute fact. People get confused when they intake too many opinions from others and allow themselves to have their confidence shaken.  How much confidence a person has will come from inside them, if they believe or not.

Best wishes.

working