jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the meaning of life to you?

1. Adamowen profile image80
    Adamowenposted 5 years ago

What is the meaning of life to you?

2. Insane Mundane profile image61
    Insane Mundaneposted 5 years ago

Life...  For good & bad and everything in between, it is all about the experience...

3. jolinabetts profile image81
    jolinabettsposted 5 years ago

Moving forward from bad experiences and bad decisions and not having a feeling of regret or remorse.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

To seek the way of enlightenment.

I do believe I am here to learn the right meaning of life and in search of enlightenment so that I will no longer be in the recycle of birth. It is through the understanding of the right way towards enlightenment then I will achieve my goal of life.

5. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 5 years ago

I now believe "the meaning of life" is to live out your life and complete God's will. Now if one cannot do this for some reason; then one should "retreat" back to become one that is in Communion with God and then move forward once again by completing God's Will.

6. stanwshura profile image75
    stanwshuraposted 5 years ago

Okay, I'm seriously not being flippant or coy, but to me the answer to this question is SOOO meta.  I am beginning to give in, indeed, begrudgingly concede, to fatigue, or to the notion that the meaning of life is, through sensory, experiential, and cerebral reception and internalization of our unique stimuli through time, to answer this very question for ourselves.

7. Quirinus profile image74
    Quirinusposted 5 years ago

Have done some exploration at http://quirinus.hubpages.com/hub/Beyond … ife-A-Poem . Thanks, Adam.

8. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 5 years ago

For me - I figure that I've not been through the things I've been through, to hide behind them, or hide them away.  These experiences were there for a reason, and my getting through them also for a reason.  So, the meaning of life, or at least the meaning of my life, is to make the journey easier for someone else.  If by talking about my experiences with a person, or perhaps their parents or friends, changes the path through from an unpleasant one, to an easier one - then my job is done.

The meaning of life in general - experience it - it's not the end that counts, it's the journey towards it.

working