jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

To all of those who don't believe in Jesus Christ. Where do you think you will s

1. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

To all of those who don't believe in Jesus Christ. Where do you think you will spend eternity?

There is no holding place there is no other place for you to go once you die, Heaven and Hell are both real and you will live eternity in one of those places.

2. ChristinS profile image95
    ChristinSposted 5 years ago
  3. naeemebrahimjee profile image76
    naeemebrahimjeeposted 5 years ago

I was hoping on becoming immortal.

Therefore i don't have to worry about what happens after.

I'd rather stay in the now. I like it here.

4. Georgie Lowery profile image94
    Georgie Loweryposted 5 years ago

Personally, and I'm not saying this to start an argument - it's just the way I feel, I think that believing in the afterlife and the idea of any kind of immortality is egotistical. Those ideas were made up, I believe, a long time ago to ease the minds of people who had hard lives. Be good, love your neighbor, persevere and you'll get a heavenly reward.

I'm a good person, I (sort of) love my neighbor and I persevere. When I die, though, the gig is up. I'm ok with that. I harbor no illusions that anything magical will happen when my time is up.

5. Daniella Lopez profile image92
    Daniella Lopezposted 5 years ago

I personally don't know if there is an afterlife. I'd like to think that there is one. But I'm not going to base my whole life around what MIGHT happen to me after I die. Therefore, I try to live this life the best that I can. I try to be a good and loving wife, mother, and friend. I try to set out and accomplish my goals that I have for this lifetime and I try to do them well. To me, that's all anyone really can do. It's better than basing your entire life around something that may or may not happen.

6. M. T. Dremer profile image94
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

As an atheist, I see death as eternal, dreamless sleep. Basically, it's the same place you were before you were born; which was nowhere. You simply didn't exist, and you will cease to exist afterwards. It's incredibly bleak and sad, but over time you start to realize that sadness is a living emotion. One that you won't have when you're dead. So you won't have to endure eternal sadness, which is good. Heaven and hell are merely constructs the human race has made to soften the blow of realizing this is all we're going to get. It's unhealthy to spend your life fearing death, so religion has provided a mass market 'happy pill' to keep everyone from freaking out. Unfortunately, not all of us can ignore the cracks in religion, and we are forced to find our own answers and our own way of coping with death.

7. Virtuous1 profile image60
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

I see you all have your own views and what i will do is pray that your eyes one day open to the truth...

working