jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If guaranteed no wars in the world for the next 200 years, as a human race, wha

1. IDONO profile image79
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

If  guaranteed no wars in the world for the next 200 years, as a human race, what would we do?

Would we turn our attention to humanitarian issues or to finding another way to create conflict?

2. whonunuwho profile image77
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

We would soar as eagles into the sky and bathe in glory, no challenge to deny. Such a wonderful thought, that if to be, could only become the world of the free. IDONO, forgive my poetic binge. A good and thought provoking question.

3. Diana Lee profile image84
    Diana Leeposted 5 years ago

As wonderful as peace around the world sounds I think we'd face another baby boom world wide. In return the food, fresh water and every other essential would be limited. Conflicts show up because of the need to survive. Cultures are wiped out by foreign invasions. It has happened before. Don't get me wrong I am from the last baby boom generation. I am for love and peace. We survived those days by wasting nothing and working hard for what little we had. The world is spoiled and wasteful now. We have new turmoils to face like global warming and new diseases spreading at a faster pace even with today's advanced science. World peace for 200 years would be a miracle.

4. edhan profile image60
    edhanposted 5 years ago

If that day comes then the human race will co-operate with one another to create the best loving world where everyone sharing their fruits with each others.

We will help each other to learn the way of enlightenment where we all shall live in the spiritual plane. It will be a life without death or suffering. This is my desire to see the day where human race work together with the same goal in mind.

5. SportsBetter profile image78
    SportsBetterposted 5 years ago

We should get rid of government and embrace freedom.  With freedom around the world and limited government power, we would have prosperity and peace.  Then we should look back 200 years.

6. Teresa Schultz profile image81
    Teresa Schultzposted 5 years ago

If the human race knew there would be no war for the next 200 years, they'd want to celebrate and thoroughly enjoy the peace, without realising that something they themselves do is going to cause the wars to start up again in 200 years' time. Hopefully the human race spends much of the 200 years preparing how to deal with the wars that will start up again in 200 years time, so that their children's great great grandchildren have some idea of how to cope when it happens.

7. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

"Would we turn our attention to humanitarian issues".....this is already a reality. Organisations like Doctors without borders, Amnesty International and simple every day citizens are already doing just that. How about focusing our attention on a completely different way of life. Adopting a simpler lifestyle means saving this beautiful planet and I'm all for it.

8. Glasso profile image60
    Glassoposted 5 years ago

There is so much that is in need of being done. For example, we could use the time given to begin the restoration of our planet, to develop system that eradicates poverty and just focus on being better human beings. Scientific progress would also not be hindered, thus I believe that we will ameliorate the development of science as well as solving important problems: food shortage, lack of clean water, absence of sanitation, lack of education, peoples rights and many more others. Important thing to remember, most people are against the war, as long as people would remember the cost of war I think that there is high probability that wars would not start.

working