jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What makes us alone?

1. Atiquemr9 profile image41
    Atiquemr9posted 5 years ago

What makes us alone?

2. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I would suggest that we must each answer this question for ourselves. And, if we look within, the question may change. What makes us *feel* alone? What makes us *think we are* alone?

For, in fact, we are not alone. On a practical level, we are surrounded by 7 billion irritating, interfering human beings. And we are surrounded by trillions of natural living beings, each doing its own thing, and most willing to be loved and appreciated by us.

But the experience of feeling alone and small and lonely cannot be disregarded. Rather, it is our job to heal it. Let us become capable of genuine, loving, caring connection. It will hurt, because so few people can meet us. But we can learn to be All One in nature and with the Divine, and genuinely connected with those who know how to be genuinely present.

What a gift!

3. profile image0
    Garifaliaposted 5 years ago

SidKemp presented the question in a correct perspective. Oftentimes we feel alone because we cannot connect with those around us. Perhaps at the time we are seeking approval or attention that for some reason or another we are not getting or we think we are not receiving.
    We can be surrounded by thousands of other human beings and either feel or actually be alone. For to be alone is essentially not sharing life with others.

4. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

One may feel alone when one does not share. I am a believer of sharing and helping. So, I do not feel alone. I am surrounded with heart felt people that share the joy and happiness.

Open your heart and you will feel the warmth of people around us.

5. ii3rittles profile image83
    ii3rittlesposted 5 years ago

For me... I feel most alone when I feel distant from God. When I am more in tune with my physical life and not my spiritual one.

6. bhargvi sharma profile image49
    bhargvi sharmaposted 5 years ago

One felt alone when one did not had anyone share up its ideas, feelings, problems, etc. when there is no one to hear you, no one one can listen up to your problems, worries, tensions then one feels to be alone as on one is there to help you out or sort out your problems, worries or tensions  which will further leads to stress & depression.

working