jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What are the things you are sorry for?

1. litsabd profile image75
    litsabdposted 5 years ago

What are the things you are sorry for?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7200195_f260.jpg

2. rosariomontenegro profile image69
    rosariomontenegroposted 5 years ago

I was just talking about this to my husband the other day.
    Of course there are things that I would like so much not to have done... curiously enough, the two I remember are related to scolding young kids, because I don't believe today that scolding kids does any good to them.
    One of those kids was one of my younger brothers. I remember years ago apologizing to him about it... he was laughing so much... he was unable to remember. Of course, my scolding was probably one in the zillion he used to receive, from our parents, teachers, etc. ... he was our local version of Dennys The Menace :-)
    Those let aside, what I am really sorry for are not "things", but rather "not things", i.e., the things I didn't do. Mostly not to have been present enough, loving enough... to my parents, grandparents, siblings, friends, neighbors. Even today, I would like so much to be more present, more loving... but such is life, one gets absorbed in our own interests, own problems... Little by little though, I try to get closer to my ideals.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

As I look back, I am very sorry for what I put my Father through when I was such a rebellious teenager. This is one that comes to mind, But I'm sure I have many more.

4. chiradeep profile image64
    chiradeepposted 5 years ago

I am sorry because I chose accounts but not psychology from the very begining. But God's plan for me was like this. So can't really blame myself.

5. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

The only real thing I can think of that I am sorry for would be leaving my first husband on his birthday, with an abcessed tooth, though he deserved it, I have always felt guilty.
    And maybe I should add I'm sorry I couldn't talk my mother into leaving my father.

6. AnnaCia profile image81
    AnnaCiaposted 5 years ago

I am sorry for not being able to safe my premature baby; sorry for not having the chance to meet and see her grow.

7. wandererh profile image74
    wandererhposted 5 years ago

Anybody who lives their life will have things that they are sorry they did, and things that they are sorry they didn't.  I would say that I have my fair share of those but what I'm most sorry for are the lives that I don't get to live because I have to do it all in one lifetime and there is just so many things that you can fit in 24 hours.

8. pinkpencil profile image61
    pinkpencilposted 5 years ago

I am sorry for not helping that boy looking at the trash for food on that one rainy night when I was holding a bag of goodies ): I really regret it.

9. snerfu profile image75
    snerfuposted 5 years ago

The evenings that seem to be victim of the night.
    Seriously, I am sorry I did not start everything earlier, all my hobbies and habits.

10. jenniferlynn78 profile image61
    jenniferlynn78posted 5 years ago

I have many sorrows and I am sorry for bad decisions, poor judgment, and a lack of trial and error.  However, the things that I am most sorry for would be the things I've said. Opening my mouth in a hostile moment and not meaning what I had said, but said it in the heat of the moment. When I get attacked...I will verbally do the same so now I'm learning to keep my BIG mouth shut. When something is said, you can apologize for it but you can't take it back. You can forgive but never forget! It's detrimental to all. Words are weapons and some of my words over the years...I am sorry for!

working