Do you believe that there will be the end of time soon? What is the reason that

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Frank Menchise profile image51
    Frank Menchiseposted 11 years ago

Do you believe that there will be the end of time soon? What is the reason that it will happen?

2. eternals3ptember profile image60
    eternals3ptemberposted 11 years ago

Doomsday is December 21st, 2808... The world will end in music xD

Frank Menchiseposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe you, you see 2808 is nearly 800 years away, so I am not interested in knowing that?

3. Escobana profile image75
    Escobanaposted 11 years ago

Absolutely not....though I'd like to see yet another movie about the ending of time.

Along with some popcorn, a good sense of humour and a Diet coke in my hands, to take life as serious as possible:-)

4. lone77star profile image72
    lone77starposted 11 years ago

Time won't end.

The big deal about the Mayan calendar is really only the turning of one age to another -- like the odometer in your car going from 99,999.99 to 100,000.00. Big deal!

But there is a group of greedy power elite who have some very bad plans that may be implemented soon. They've already killed thousands and set into motion wars that have killed millions. George H.W. Bush gushed about this New World Order on September 11, 1990 -- exactly 11 years before 9/11.

They seem to have a fetish for certain numbers like, 11, 13, 22, 33 and 666. Take the assassination of JFK, for instance -- 11/22/1963 (1950+13). They like to reinforce such symbols by dropping hints in out-of-the-way places, like the passport of Thomas Anderson (Neo) in the 1999 movie, Matrix. That passport's expiration date was 9/11/2001 -- a date 2 years in the future -- and, for America, the expiration date for our liberty.

The group of power elite consists of the very richest individuals and many in governments around the world. They are leaders of commerce, bankers and the military-industrial complex. They want to eliminate 6 billion people so they have a more manageable slave population. Sounds thoroughly Orwellian, but one of their luminaries in the 19th century planned for three world wars. The first to mask the dissolution of Czarist Russia. The second to pit fascism against the rest of the world and to prepare for the rise of Zionism and the re-establishment of Israel. And the third to pit Moslems against Israel and Atheists against Christians, leaving the Luciferians in control of the planet.

I don't know how much of this is true, but I do know that some of the Bible's Revelation has already happened -- the rebirth of Israel (1948), the fall of the Great Star named Chernobyl ("wormwood" in Ukrainian, 1986), and the mark of the beast has been touted as a wonderful thing -- embedded microchips (2017).

Already the liberties of the Great America have been shredded. In both halves of the Corporate Party, voting was eliminated from their conventions, and Roberts Rules of Order are used only as a thinly veiled sham:

RNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKaXqoC4DjE

DNC Scripted:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmaE2Aez_XY

These are the "End Times," but it's also the twilight before the dawn of a new Age.

1. whonunuwho profile image52
      whonunuwhoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I've just learned that 312 doses of swine flu have been ordered by the U.S.knowing that it causes multiple diseases and destroys the immune system..I'm upset!!!

2. Ceegen profile image68
      Ceegenposted 11 years agoin reply to this
  5. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 11 years ago

End of time soon = end of humanity soon! No I do not believe this notion!!

Time is a human invention so if there are no humans alive time would end because there'd be no one around to tell it! Then again, if all humans suddenly died overnight, the clocks would still be ticking away so you could say time would not end with humanity's last breath.

When the last human dies and the planet breaks up and all our lunar bases disintegrate, our Mars holiday homes dissolve and the sun fizzles out then you could argue a case for time being at an end simply because life would be at an end!!

But this gloomy scenario is billions of years away, if the scientists are correct in their calculations!

1. whonunuwho profile image52
      whonunuwhoposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What a thoughtful assessment, chef. Yep, the sun will shine and the moon will rise, regardless as to whether we human types are around to enjoy it or not. Let's hope that we are.

6. whonunuwho profile image52
    whonunuwhoposted 11 years ago

Life will not end anytime soon. Time will go on, as we know it, for billions of years to come. Changes are in store for us on this planet and we need to reassess our interactions and conservation practices, in order to survive in a life style in which most of us are used to living.

7. SidKemp profile image85
    SidKempposted 11 years ago

I'm 52, and, in my own lifetime, there have been about eight dates widely believed to bring about the end of the world that have come and gone.

Among people influenced by Christianity, each century of the Christian calendar brings about such claims - and Jesus, Paul, and all the other leaders of the early Church told everyone to ignore them.

In Buddhism, even such speculation is considered unhealthy.

Let us live joyful lives and bring the Peace of Heaven to Earth.

Thanks to every one of you that have taken the time to answer my questions, I have to agree with the majority of you that there is no end of time soon. So, I have to say that I agree with what you have said.

8. Civil War Bob profile image59
    Civil War Bobposted 11 years ago

Guess it depends on your definition of "soon."  Jesus said He was coming back soon and it aint happened.  If you go by Revelation 5:9, somebody from every nation, tribe and tongue has to be represented at the Throne, so until all the people groups of the planet get evangelized, time will not end.

You might be right, but then if everybody needs to be evangelized, it means that it will never happen?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)