Is joy important in your life?

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (20 posts)
  1. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

Is joy important in your life?

If it is, what does your JOY look like in your life at this time?

2. sradie profile image60
    sradieposted 11 years ago

Happiness is easy. Give me a Five Guys cheeseburger and fries and I'm happy. Joy is harder. It is condition not predicated on the emotions or satisfactions of the moment but rather, an ongoing condition of the heart and mind built upon the foundations of peace, love, satisfaction, selflessness and grace. These are attributes of GOD that He bestows upon us as His children, set free from sin through the blood of Jesus living holy and blameless before Him. That's where joy truly comes from. It is not transient it is foundational and though the harsh realities of life can make us unhappy and miserable sometimes, they cannot steal the joy of our salvation.

3. rfmoran profile image71
    rfmoranposted 11 years ago

Yes it is. I just wish that it isn't so elusive.

4. glmclendon profile image59
    glmclendonposted 11 years ago

Happiness is up and down. Happy eating ice cream and it leaves when you eate something bitter.  Joy is like coal burning in the furance. even while you sleep it is giving heat. The believer has joy in thier heart.Good days and bad. the joy is there giving off the joy of love.

Stay Well

5. teacherjoe52 profile image61
    teacherjoe52posted 11 years ago

Joy for me is when I sing songs of love and praise to God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit every morning.
    God bless you.

6. onegoodwoman profile image68
    onegoodwomanposted 11 years ago

You know, I guess that it is.............it certainly has it's place and is welcome.

But as a writer...............my mind and tales are not about " joy", happiness, celebration................

they are more focused on hardship, survival, banding together............making it through.........sometimes 'Joy' presents herself, and we relish the moment................but that is not what the 'moment' is about.     No, for me, life is about the struggle for tomorrow.

7. Globetrekkermel profile image62
    Globetrekkermelposted 11 years ago

ABSOLUTELY! I cannot imagine my life without joy.What i mean when I say joy is important in my life is that I am quite positive in anything that happens in my life.There are the occasional bouts of sadness  and fear but I snap out of it quickly.I am quite pretty good at that too,LOL! Joy these days to me is: I am  content of my life .I really do not aspire for anything more. Family life is pretty stable and solid .I have been blessed with an excellent support system from  both sides of my family -my husband's side and my side. Health is excellent after a bout with breast cancer a few years ago.For these, I am indebted to God who has been nothing but a solid rock to me. I feel joy when I am able to help others be it someone I know or a total stranger.And I love everybody ! this is true!

1. Globetrekkermel profile image62
      Globetrekkermelposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I have yet to find someone who is not a  favorite in my bucket list.LOL!

8. dghbrh profile image80
    dghbrhposted 11 years ago

Pure Joy is important for me when I feel that my soul is also filled with Joy. Being with son and seeing him enjoying life is Joy for me. After a hub is complete is kind of Joy for me. Being in midst of nature with silence to listen what nature has to communicate is for me is Joy.

Thanks for the nice question.

9. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
    kathyjones1952@atposted 11 years ago

Yes, I think joy is very important!  The lord wants us to be happy!  Joy to me is singing and playing the guitar, piano, and the harmonica.  Joy is also being outside and riding horseback and swimming smile!

10. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 11 years ago

Not entirely. I reach happiness and contentment the most. But joy only comes from past memories of church as a child or when I provide a giganticly awesome gift to someone. Otherwise, mostly content.

11. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 11 years ago

If I could find some joy I am sure it would be greatly important to me and my life. Right now I just can't seem to get out of this rut I am in.

12. KerryAnita profile image83
    KerryAnitaposted 11 years ago

Joy is extremely important to me. To me its about choosing to spend my time with the people I love, in a place that I love, doing things that make me happy and content. It's reveling in the simple things and not taking them for granted. I am a 100% believer in happiness and joy being a choice. I have not always been in a joyous place in my life, but have learned that it is up to me to change or accept certain circumstances so that I can get back to that place of contentment, joy, and happiness!

13. profile image0
    Logicofhappinessposted 11 years ago

“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” - John Lennon

1. kathyjones1952@at profile image61
      kathyjones1952@atposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love that quote, Logicofhappiness smile!  I'm going to share it on facebook, if you don't mind smile.

2. profile image0
      Logicofhappinessposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So do I, if we dont have happiness, is there any point for anything else?
      Sure, go for it! smile

14. Beata Stasak profile image79
    Beata Stasakposted 11 years ago

They say, you want people to be mentally healthy and prone to drug and alcohol addiction, just make them happy, 'joy is the salt of life', literally:)

15. profile image56
    waseemjaforposted 11 years ago

100%.....

Life without joy is fully like a death.

"NO JOY- NO LIFE BASICALLY"

16. pstraubie48 profile image82
    pstraubie48posted 11 years ago

YOU are so right!!! smile I cannot imagine the absence of joy in my life and thank goodness I do not have to.

17. ceyda profile image60
    ceydaposted 11 years ago

Joyyy is my inevitable key for keeping me towards the life.my understanding of joy is to make smile  to all around of people  with whom  ı am familiar and keep this smile mutually without being closer to any negative behaviors like breaking the heart , unrespectful or lie. For me being happy and smile to be sure ı have not made a wrong  to somebody , ı can be with joy then. Taking joy from  even small things is satisfying for me to stay powerful in my lifehood.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)