jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

What has been your experiences with your comments not being accepted by other hu

1. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 years ago

What has been your experiences with your comments not being accepted by other hubbers?

This is not about obscene comments or personal attacks, but the ones that are well thought out, make a good point, and portray a different perspective on the theme of the article.

2. Porshadoxus profile image78
    Porshadoxusposted 5 years ago

I cannot remember a comment of mine that has been denied. I reckon that speaks well of most of HubPages writers.

3. Judah's Daughter profile image80
    Judah's Daughterposted 5 years ago

For me, I won't post comments that require a hub of a response to address their 'different perspective' or invite lengthy debate.  Sometimes I have written hubs in response to comments; however, when I don't have the time or energy to 'get into it' with them, and I feel the comment would only add rhetoric and confusion to the topic within the hub, the comment gets denied.  I do keep my readers in mind.

4. dianetrotter profile image71
    dianetrotterposted 5 years ago

Yep!  There are people who troll to argue.  The key is do not argue.  Let them be jerks if they want to.  Be respectful while stating what you believe.  It's like heaping hot coals on their heads when you don't argue.

1. duffsmom profile image61
      duffsmomposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Agreed. Good comment! :-)

5. Goody5 profile image70
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

That's just something that comes with writing on the hub pages, and everyone eventually experiences this. Here's a hub to help you combat the negative comments - http://goody5.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-d … hub-pages.

6. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

YES. I have found when I talk about my spirituality, I always get some sort of negative comment. As Diane has said, it is better to ignore, but very hard if it is personal. This is something I am praying about. Just let it be.

7. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I have never had a comment denied. My purpose here is not critique or argue with hub authors, so I keep my comments positive or I leave no comment at all.  I dislike arguing and believe everyone is entitled to their positions on things.

If a hub has a glaring error, or is offensive, I would contact the author privately.

8. CrescentSkies profile image86
    CrescentSkiesposted 5 years ago

When I make a comment on another article it's usually because there's something wrong on the article. I never comment just to say something like "Great hub", I feel I can do a lot more by hitting the tweet or like button (and do that instead).

Oh but I have denied comments that provided a different perspective on some of my articles. Mostly because the said perspective was that of an insane person. My medicinal herbs hub, for example, takes a completely scientific approach to herbalism.

I don't want comments on there arguing about how all natural medicine is PERFECTLY SAFE...someone might actually ingest a lethal amount of one of these herbs because of those idiots.

1. dianetrotter profile image71
      dianetrotterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I approve opposing views as long as they don't attack commenters.  The opposing views make interesting discussion as long as people realize we are all entitled to our own opinions.