Is God Jewish?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (24 posts)
  1. boyatdelhi profile image53
    boyatdelhiposted 11 years ago

Is God Jewish?

Is God Christian?
    Is God Muslim?
    Is God Hindu?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Jesus was Jewish, the Jewish people are God's chosen people. So, we have to consider all of these factors.

1. Reginald Boswell profile image81
      Reginald Boswellposted 11 years agoin reply to this

God is not flesh as man.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

No, Jesus was Deity in the flesh.

3. dianetrotter profile image61
      dianetrotterposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey J, I just wrote basically the same thing.

4. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Great minds think alike Diane. LOL  smile

5. andrew savage profile image59
      andrew savageposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Incorrect. The Jewish people are YHWH's people. "God" is not the name of the Jewish deity. The idea of using the word "god" with a capital 'G' is rather clever and potentially deceptive as one would be unable to use the name of their lord in vain.

3. Reginald Boswell profile image81
    Reginald Boswellposted 11 years ago

John 4:24 KJV

"God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth."

4. Dr. Haddox profile image61
    Dr. Haddoxposted 11 years ago

In Abraham's seed shall all kindreds of the earth be blessed, as written in the Book of Mormon, 1 Nephi 15:18, "Wherefore, our father hath not spoken of our seed alone, but all the house of Israel, pointing to the covenant which should be fulfilled... read more

5. profile image0
    Dr Cilposted 11 years ago

According to the Bible, God is the King of the Jews!

1. dianetrotter profile image61

The chief priests of the Jews protested to Pilate, "Do not write 'The King of the Jews,' but that this man claimed to be king of the Jews."   John 19:21  About Jesus - in flesh

2. andrew savage profile image59

Technically this is incorrect. There are no gods named God, except for that of which deity's name has been conceived by human error. YHWH did not claim that his name was 'god' with a capital 'g.' He stated "I am the lord, your god."

6. Dr. Haddox profile image61

Let's say "thousands of years have passed" and humans still ask the same question, "Is God a Jewish God. This discourse deals with the subject "in a sense." read more

7. backporchstories profile image72
    backporchstoriesposted 11 years ago

God is neither....He is the Master, pure and simple!

8. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 11 years ago

God is God. I don't believe God belongs to any one religion.

9. dianetrotter profile image61
    dianetrotterposted 11 years ago

when Jesus came to earth, it was through the Jewish bloodline.  God is God.  He has no religious affiliation.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Right on!!! :0)

2. andrew savage profile image59

If that is so, then why does the god known as "God" affiliate himself with modern Christians and Muslims?

10. Dr. Haddox profile image61

You have asked a great question, as can be noted by the comments that are receiving. It is wonderful that everybody has their own "take" on this question. I will be writing about 500 more words about this later on. I am a little busy, at the moment, to give this question my best consideration. However, I will write more, as I said, a little later.
    Regards,
    Dr. Haddox

11. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years ago

The Almighty is none of the Above. The KING of Kings and LORD of Lords has said His religion is one that cares for orphans and widows.

By the way...how can God be Jewish when He is not a human being?

1. dianetrotter profile image61

He existed before His creation.  He cannot be considered part of what He created.

2. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Exactly...Diane!!! :0)

3. andrew savage profile image59

YHWH is a Jew by default, in the way that the founding fathers of the USA became Americans when they laid down the law and broke their ties to the British Empire. YHWH laid down Jewish laws, therefore YHWH is Jewish.

12. andrew savage profile image59
    andrew savageposted 10 years ago

Technically YHWH is Jewish.

From the vantage point of a Jew, YHWH's name is technically not "God."  Rather he refers to himself as Yahweh "The lord, your god."

From the vantage point of a Christian, YHWH is not the god who refers to himself as "God" per se.

Naming the Judeo-Christian deity, "God," with a capital 'G' is a human error. I'm certain that YHWH wants no part in it.

This may be of some importance to you if you really believe in a creative intelligence correlating to Judeo-Christian (and Muslim) beliefs as you would also have to undoubtedly believe in all the other details that come along with said faiths, such as the existence of angels and demons. More importantly one should note that when demons are said to visit people they all too often want you to call them "God." It is upon accepting to refer to a demon as "God" or "god" that you then allow them to have possesion over you.

But hey, what do I know? I only study the nature and various doctrines of such religions. From my studies and inquiries I have become a Gnostic and I do not call out to my god as "God," because I find it to be vain and futile. If one is to dedicate their life to such a religion bearing some or all resemblence to Judeo-Christianity, one should learn the name of their deity before passing over to avoid any potential mix ups when they reach the after life.

Christian, Muslim, Hindu- it is all hocus pocus.

If one were to presume that the god, YHWH, is Jewish they would be correct in so much as he is the one who laid down the laws and creed governing what is commonly referred to as Judaism, thereby rendering himself as a Jew. It is the equivalent of the founding fathers of America laying down the law of America thereby rendering themselves as Americans rather than British, French, etcetera.

Let me finally reiterate, that there is no god named "God" in any faith when you look upon their foundations, except in the case of human error. The bibles, Qurans, Torah, etcetera that are published today are not the same books they were publishing yesterday- I would know, I was there, and so were many of you.
    I blame such human errors, or deviations, on the current publishers and producers of Christianity, Islam and Judaism. Would it be wishful thinking to believe that at least some of you understand?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)