jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)

What are your thoughts on Shadow people? What do you think they are up to?

1. Maggie Bennett profile image72
    Maggie Bennettposted 5 years ago

What are your thoughts on Shadow people?  What do you think they are up to?

2. CroftRoan profile image81
    CroftRoanposted 5 years ago

I love the thought of shadow people. I actually have them (or soon will) in one of my stories here on HubPages called Paragon. They're quiet a bit different than what we see in Ghost Hunters though.
    I think the shadow people you are referring to are completely conscious to the outside world but because they are shadows they can't really do much in the physical sense. I'm sure there have been a few cases where they have lifted an object or touched someone but I don't think it's very often. They also seem rather shy because you most commonly see them out of the corner of your eye or from across the room/hall. I don't believe they're malicious but you never know.

Maggie Bennettposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for answering.  I look forward to reading Paragon.

I hope they are not malicious, but I do know they leave a feeling of absolute dread among those who have seen them.

3. MickS profile image69
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Never heard of them, what are 'shadow people'?  Sounds like some sort of mad secret society conspiracy theory to me.  Good ingredients for a novel or short story.

Shadow people are blacker than black and are just silhouettes without any details.  Very frightening to behold.  Sometimes people see the Hatman wearing a fedora.  People get a real sense of dread on seeing them.

4. cryptid profile image97
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

The feeling of dread you mentioned above leads a lot of people to conclude that shadow people may a type of inhuman spirit.  I have a mixed reaction to that.  On one hand it makes sense, as this is type of human response we'd expect to a demonic presence.  On the other hand, some of the most compelling shadow people pics I've seen come from Waverly Hills Sanatorium, where countless humans perished.  Surely there could be demonic activity there, but the sheer numbers suggest not all shadow people would be demonic.  Could this mean a shadow person is simply a human spirit struggling to manifest itself?  Maybe.

I'm on the fence about shadow people, but I do lean more toward the demonic explanation.  Of course nobody knows for sure. :-)

1. CroftRoan profile image81
      CroftRoanposted 5 years agoin reply to this

They may not be either. What if they're a physical manifestation of emotion or energy that has formed a consciousness of its own? I know this might sound a little crazy but they could be living shadows that are neither demonic nor human.

5. profile image60
    DJ Andersonposted 5 years ago

Maggie, you have my attention!
    The paranormal has been one of my interest in life. I do watch many TV shows concerning subjects which we do not consider normal or thoroughly understand. I was taught to believe that when we die, we go to either heaven or hell. So, I find it interesting when I hear of entities, shadow people and dark forces. Is it possible that shadow people simply do no know that they are dead. But, why are they usually seen slipping around, up to no good?
    The thing that disturbs me most is when there is a situation that claims that a child who was abused in life is being held hostage by the abuser, after both are dead. And, in most cases, the abuser is still abusing. Where are the divine beings who should be helping these little souls cross over into the God light? There are so many stories of demonic creatures that interfere with good people's lives. It can never be a fair battle when a human is up against a spirit of ill will. Can anyone answer why someone would chose to hang around the earthly dwelling when they could be enjoying the rewards of a spiritual sacredness near the God head? 
    I suppose there are as many answers as there are people. I look forward to reading hubs concerning the paranormal. Just give me a head's up so I can read it during the daylight hours!! :-)

Thanks,
    DJ.

The shadow people are an interesting subject that I think deserves a hub of its own.  Maybe I'll have time this weekend to give it the attention it deserves. Thanks again for the info you left on my hub.

6. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 5 years ago

I may sound a bit naive, however this is the first I have heard of Shadow people.

I mean I heard that title before but never really took interest to research it.

I am not sure I believe this.

Is there proof.

They wear fedoras I knew a performer that wore a fedora hat and he is/was evil so maybe he is hanging around as a shadow person now, as he could never have a real life without lying and buying friends. lol. I think you all know who I am talking about.

Anyway DJ says that spirits need to cross over, however getting closer to God I have come to realize that once dead their gone and can never again live.

The bible says it is evil to speak with the dead or any other form of magic or vodoo and I never really believed in magic. Magic is a form of beauty or Gods creation a magickal wedding and a love fairytale yes, but the magicians nope, they are all mockers and want the money.

I have dreams of my dad at times (who passed, and he spoke with me and told me things, however it is not the same)

I do believe that some spirits leave unsettled at times but do they really hang around. I have so many questions now, I dont really have answers but I do know God knows and directs me so that is good enough for me.

I did write a hub about the unknown, however the unknown I speak about is our destiny into the life of magic, the life of our dreams and imagination that God grants us and it falls right in our lap if we live Gods will. The universe that sends our positive rays back if we give out positive thoughts. Things we only thought we could have in our dreams.

God is unseen so therefore some do not believe. However just because things are not seen doesn't not mean they aren't in existence.

I guess one could say the same for shadow people but the way you are talking about them they are not a good thing but evil.

Thank you for the information
    Laurie

This is an anomalous phenomenon many people have occur that is  spontaneous and without invitation.  It is very unsettling.  I know two people who have seen them straight on, and not as a part of sleep paralysis which is the skeptics defense.

working