What would be the definition and meaning of ULTIMATE DEATH?

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)
  1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 10 years ago

What would be the definition and meaning of ULTIMATE DEATH?

There is death and then there is DEATH......

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8478109_f260.jpg

2. tsadjatko profile image65
    tsadjatkoposted 10 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8478183_f260.jpg

The ultimate death exists -it is called hell. A living death where one suffers eternal damnation without hope, apart from God. Hell is conscious torment

1) Everyone will exist eternally either in heaven or hell (Daniel 12:2,3; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28; Revelation 20:14,15).

(2) Everyone has only one life in which to determine their destiny (Hebrews 9:27).

(3) Heaven or hell is determined by whether a person believes (puts their trust) in Christ alone to save them (John 3:16, 36, etc.).

Key Passages About Hell

(1) Hell was designed originally for Satan and his demons (Matthew 25:41; Revelation 20:10).

(2) Hell will also punish the sin of those who reject Christ (Matthew 13:41,50; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8).

(3) Hell is conscious torment.

Matthew 13:50 “furnace of fire…weeping and gnashing of teeth”
        Mark 9:48 “where their worm does not die, and the fire is not quenched”
        Revelation 14:10 “he will be tormented with fire and brimstone”

(4) Hell is eternal and irreversible.

Revelation 14:11 “the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever and they have no rest day and night”
        Revelation 20:14 “This is the second death, the lake of fire”
        Revelation 20:15 “If anyone’s name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire”

3. lone77star profile image71
    lone77starposted 10 years ago

The first "death" was in the Garden. This wasn't a physical death, contrary to what many fundamentalists seem to imply. It was a spiritual death -- separation of the "self" from God. This was the formation of ego -- the knowledge of good and evil. In fact, it seems, from my research, that ego gave us all dichotomies -- good-evil, right-wrong, generous-selfish, compassion-indifference, wisdom-stupidity and many others.

I got a taste of the rebirth in 1971, one evening, when spiritual counseling at a Scientology Advanced Org. led me to consider the ultimate in generosity and selflessness. Suddenly, I could see again without need of human eyes. In fact, I could think without the need for a human brain. I was unplugged from the Matrix for the first time in many millennia. When I became self-conscious that light from the nearby parking lot was passing right through me and that I wasn't casting a shadow, I found myself sucked right back into my body. Dead again.

I can only guess what the ultimate death is exactly, but I think tsadjatko hit it with "hell."

I think it's sad that so many skeptics, secularists and atheists feel that "hell" is just a marketing tool to scare people into believing -- that "hell" is something God will do to you. No, Hell is something you do to yourself. It's a personal decision.

1. Harishprasad profile image71
      Harishprasadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

lone77star, with utmost respect to you and your wisdom, I agree in toto your whole view but " Hell is something.... "  in my view is result of our negative tendencies we suffer here in our physical bodies and not in afterlife. Eternal hell is scary.

4. Lee Tea profile image84
    Lee Teaposted 10 years ago

Einstein demonstrated how energy can neither be created nor destroyed.  All matter is energy.  We are matter.  We will always continue in some way.  There is no ultimate death, and conversely there is no definable beginning.

Or to put it religiously as everyone else here has taken the notion to, "...as there is, was, and ever shall be world without end".  Amen!

1. Harishprasad profile image71
      Harishprasadposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Lee Tea, I have learnt a beautiful saying that God has made this world and He has made this perfect. If I believe this, it is only because people like you mention it in true terms and very appealing to the soul, mind and heart.  So insightful view.

5. Haseena Firdousia profile image73
    Haseena Firdousiaposted 10 years ago

The meaning of life is a philosophical question concerning the significance of life or existence in general. The meaning of life is in the philosophical and religious conceptions of existence, social ties, consciousness, and happiness, and borders on many other issues, such as symbolic meaning, ontology, value, purpose, ethics, good and evil, free will, the existence of one or multiple Gods, conceptions of God, the soul, and the afterlife. Scientific contributions focus primarily on describing related empirical facts about the universe, exploring the context and parameters concerning the 'how' of life. Science also studies and can provide recommendations for the pursuit of well-being and a related conception of morality. An alternative, humanistic approach poses the question "What is the meaning of my life?" The value of the question pertaining to the purpose of life may coincide with the achievement of ultimate reality, or a feeling of oneness, or even a feeling of sacredness.

6. Harishprasad profile image71
    Harishprasadposted 10 years ago

gmwilliams, our existence is covered with two layers. One is tangible that is our physical body and the other is abstract that is our actual body. While there is birth and death to the physical body, our actual body that we call Self or Atman is beyond birth and death. So in my view, Heaven and Hell is also related to this physical body. Self or our actual body is beyond all earthly connections, assumptions, attributes, concepts like good or bad, fair or dark, love or hate and so on. Our actual body is real bliss in pure state if one realizes it truly. We do not experience it because we are preoccupied with everything related to our physical body. So long we are attached to this perishable physical body, there is sadness and happiness, cold and hot, birth and death, love and hate and sons, daughters, wife, mother, father, friend and all relations exist for us that cause so many feelings in our mind. Once we understand that these all are illusory things and perishable, we come to the core essence that God has envisaged for us though in a very subtle manner. Those lucky ones who do not wander here and there and catch this beautiful aspect of God or in other words a real essence of our existence are not afraid of anything and do not desire the things of the world. My friend, death or ultimate death or any death -all are done to this physical body alone. Our Self or Spirit or Atman whatever you call it is beyond all this stuff. If God has made this world perfect and everything perfect, then I would say that He might have made it the way as described above or if not this way, I firmly believe, it would have been far perfect, far better and far appealing than that has been ever described in so many sacred texts and ever spoken by any enlightened being, saint of the saints, Prophet of the prophets. I also hold that any word, any sentence, any place, any symbol in connection with God- if it is not appealing to the common sense of us mortals, then it is not the creation of God. If something instill fear in our minds, I would say it is but  natural because it happens at our physical level and the wise ones would have thought such scheme of things for a better living. gmwilliams , you are such a thoughtful person and having a brilliant insight to know these things yourself but posing such a questions has other advantages, nonetheless. Thanks for such a fantastic question, as for myself, I enjoyed pondering over it and giving a valid and sincere response to you.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)