jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

When you pray, do you pray to the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit?

1. Christa Swope profile image35
    Christa Swopeposted 4 years ago

When you pray, do you pray to the Father, the Son, or the Holy Spirit?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 4 years ago

It does not matter. When you pray they all hear your prayers.

3. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 4 years ago

Hi, I agree with JT

I was saying that exact answer as I was opening hubpages from my email and I read JT's answer.

Great question
    Laurie

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 4 years ago

Generally I start a prayer by using the name Lord. In my mind, that covers both the Father and the Son. However, as JThomp said, all three are listening because, as I believe, all three are God.

5. lone77star profile image83
    lone77starposted 4 years ago

God the Father.

When we are "in spirit," then we are "sons" of God, and I don't doubt that our brother, Jesus, can hear us.

When we are in spirit, then we are the Holy Spirit, for this is the True Self which was created in God's image and likeness. This is the self that God wants to rescue. God is not Homo sapiens.

After all, when God brought the death of Noah's Flood, it was purely and only and act of love. None of His children were harmed. Spirit cannot drown.

6. Edward J. Palumbo profile image87
    Edward J. Palumboposted 4 years ago

I pray to the Father, acknowledging that Christ has encouraged and enabled me to do so, and I ask the guidance of the Holy Spirit is my decisions and thought process. Since I worship a triune God, I agree that praying to the Father (Who will is paramount) that we include the Son and Holy Spirit.

working