jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (18 posts)

Do you believe in the Chinese Zodiac?

1. jaydawg808 profile image91
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Do you believe in the Chinese Zodiac?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8565076_f260.jpg

2. vishnum969 profile image81
    vishnum969posted 4 years ago

I am not aware of these signs. Can you explain me a liitle?

3. profile image0
    Lybrahposted 4 years ago

No.  It's fun.  That's all. I like this stuff but it's all in good fun.

4. The Examiner-1 profile image75
    The Examiner-1posted 4 years ago

Yes. I have believed in that for quite a while because I believed it to be more real than the American horoscope.
    That way when someone said, "What is your sign? I will read your horoscope in the paper".
    I would just say, "Only if it is the Chinese horoscope".

5. thomasczech profile image71
    thomasczechposted 4 years ago

No I do not believe in them, nor do I follow them.

6. aliasis profile image94
    aliasisposted 4 years ago

Zodiacs are one of those things where you can always find what you're looking for. Our personalities are complex - at least, we believe our own personalities are complex - so if we believe that something is relevant to us, we can find what we're looking for inside of us easily.

That being said, they're fun. But whether Greek or Chinese, they're both equally improbable.

7. profile image0
    SandCastlesposted 4 years ago

It is interesting to read about the different personalities in the Chinese Zodiac but I don't think it should be taken too seriously. Just because your sign says you are a certain way doesn't mean that's who you have to be; we have choices.

8. erorantes profile image52
    erorantesposted 4 years ago

I do not believe in the chinese zodiac,but I hear some stories of people that believe in the chinese zodiac.Some experience what the chinese zodiac say.I believe in picking the right person equal to myself to live around me or with me. My friends have to be good. My co workers I did not choose. But I  can be with them. It is only a couple of hours together.

9. Steel Engineer profile image89
    Steel Engineerposted 4 years ago

I used to be a New Ager. I studied astrology, feng shui, reiki... anything I could learn. The deeper I got into it, the more I learned:
    1. The real veterans were more like psychics, and said that is the secret.
    2. No two people agree on how to interpret Western astrology. Americans look at the "sun sign" and use that. "Real" astrologers gasp and moan and proclaim their own superiority for considering all the planet::house relationships.
    3. Chinese astrology is worse. Not only does it conflict with western astrology, it has many different camps of interpretation. And, those camps are at war. Each claims prowess for itself and idiocy for the others.
    4. No matter which branch you studied, the deeper you got into it, the more you learned that most people are doing it wrong.

All that led me to conclude that astrology is a sham. I dumped it before I even fully rejected New Ageism.

However, what I eventually learned is this: God knows the future. He shows it to those who love Him (and even sometimes to those He is calling.) If I can learn from God, why would I ever try to learn from some schmucks who don't agree on anything how to interpret life from the position of planets?

God has not let me down once.

1. vishnum969 profile image81
      vishnum969posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Very nice frank answer.

10. Rebecca Furtado profile image73
    Rebecca Furtadoposted 4 years ago

Oh I do  not know.  I would have to look for the facebook application  that would post for me, to the world and tell me.  Cute graphic...

An application is not feasible to tell your future perfectly.

11. John Sarkis profile image84
    John Sarkisposted 4 years ago

I think it's interesting.  There are commonalities in all astrology which can be construed as truth/false when pertaining to an individual's chart.

12. stuff4kids profile image98
    stuff4kidsposted 4 years ago

No. Not at all. Or any other hocus-pocus for that matter!

13. FatFreddysCat profile image99
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

I don't even believe in the regular Zodiac.

I do, however, believe in Chinese food. In fact, I believe I'll have some tonight.

1. stuff4kids profile image98
      stuff4kidsposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Tee-hee-hee. Sweet and sour pork noodles. smile

14. standontherock profile image75
    standontherockposted 4 years ago

I do not believe in the zodiac signs. We all have different personality. I don't think a zodiac sign can tell me what type of person i am

I think, these planetary motions have a bearing on our day to day life definitely. According to hindu Vedas, planetary motion changes the course of almost all the things exists in the world.

working