How can we find genuine peace?
Isaiah declares: "You will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in you." How do you apply this verse in a practical way to find peace in your daily life?
The only true peace is through Jesus Christ. Start out the day putting Him first - read His Word and if you have a Bible study guide, use it. Prayer is also very important. Both are essential for lasting and steadfast peace. Every night before you go to bed, do the same thing. Through the day, if you say small prayers, it will bring you closer to God.
Perfect peace requires control of ones thoughts and emotions. This can be done because there is nothing on the outside that causes the disturbance. I don't lean toward any particular religion, but keeping the mind fixed on any name of God seems to calm the mind. It creates a state of detachment from other thoughts and worldly problems. It has been said, no one is defiled from without. So that leaves only the "within". In the East, they repeat mantras, or sacred names. This process easily controls the within, even to the point of extraordinary bliss.
Be in the company of the steadfast. That is, those who love God. Negative friends can pull you back quite easily.
Isaiah is also asking you to be steadfast. He does this by talking to God, letting Him know that he, Isaiah, is aware that the one-pointed or devotional; those who are focused on the Lord, will find peace or indeed lives in peace.
How do you apply this in a practical way?
1. Be steadfast. Steadfastness is the submission of the individual will to the Supreme Will: God alone!
2. Disciplined prayer, both verbal and interior. Nothing happens without the Grace of the Lord. We are all at His mercy and so we must pray. Prayer is an effort to lay hold of God itself, to allow His flow of Grace or Spirit, into a receptive vessel, to thus enable it to praise or glorify Its name. It is the advent of Grace that changes the nature. This is crucial.
3. Be loving. Serve and never be tired of serving.
4. See yourself as an instrument in the hands of God. "Not my will, o Lord, but thine be done."
5. I love scriptures. They are life-changing, inspirational and carries infinite force. Still, never forget that they are written about the LIVES of others. What Messiahs ACTUALLY LIVED. If you do not know this, then they will enslave you. Listen inwardly to the Voice of Conscience, and feel for the quickening of the spiritual heart. With a SINCERE and CRYING heart, Grace will teach you all you need to know.
Thanks for your response mantita44,. I too find meditating on God's word extremely important to keep my heart in peace.
I trust you understood my No.5 above, Inspired.
You are the greatest book that ever was and ever will be. If you did not exist, then what is the use of a book? Dive deep within. All answers are inside your heart.
Beautiful, manatita44. We can control our environment by choosing our friends. If we choose those who seek Him, then we are truly blessed.
1) By doing those things that you believe God is telling you to do.
2) Peace is a fruit of a spirit led life. A life that is spent in close relationship with God, hearing His voice and acting on what you've heard.
3) By ceasing to strive in the flesh and trusting God in circumstances beyond your control.
4) By trusting in God in all areas of life including finances, relationships and health.
5) By spending regular time with God in worship, prayer and meditation.
A steadfast dependence upon the Lord God -- a deep, unquenched hunger to be close to Him -- is what guides one to inner peace.
The Kabbalists who wrote the Bible have now made their code available to the general public. Their teachings have now been revealed to all who want them. You can now take the 125 steps of the ladder back to our Father in Heaven. I have tasted this bliss 37 years ago within a miracle that moved the physical world. Now, I see the path before me -- laid straight and full of Love for others as Christ had commanded.
by Dora Weithers 2 years ago
What length of devotional do you prefer?You want enough material to inspire you; but not more than it takes to make a point you can remember throughout the day. How many minutes do you think that would take?
by nikki1 8 years ago
It can be more than one..
by Chinweike 8 years ago
I was shocked when my neighbour's little son of 9 walked into my apartment and asked me this question; IS GOD A SINGLE PARENT? I didn't bother answering the uestion as i don't know what to tell him.So, can any hubber please help?Cheers everyone!!
by Jonas 5 years ago
If you could talk to God, what would you say?
by graceinus 5 years ago
Have you ever been told that you were or are an answer to a prayer?There have been a number of times when a person had been an answer to my prayer. And they never even realized it until I told them. It is amazing how God will place people in your path to answer your prayer, people you would...
by graceinus 2 years ago
Is prayer the only way God will listen to you and what does Amen mean?I have studied the bible for many years and I have never found anything that reveals we can communicate with God outside of prayer. Is there something I have missed the says different. And only in the New Testament have I seen...
Copyright © 2018 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|