jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Do you believe the upcoming blood moons are part of a biblical prophesy?

1. daydreamer13 profile image60
    daydreamer13posted 3 years ago

Do you believe the upcoming blood moons are part of a biblical prophesy?

2. raymondphilippe profile image81
    raymondphilippeposted 3 years ago

No. Not at all. Don't believe in prophesies either.

3. Jackie Lynnley profile image90
    Jackie Lynnleyposted 3 years ago

Oh yes I do and for the Jew but will effect many of us. I believe someone told me the last four blood moons was when they got their land back? I am not remembering the whole story I am sure but whatever, I think it is something very big in the works. I definitely think it will be something big for the Christians too.

4. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 years ago

Oh yeah. End of the world, plagues of locusts, cats mating with dogs, it's gonna be total anarchy I tells a!!!

1. profile image0
      sheilamyersposted 3 years agoin reply to this

That's my favorite line from Ghostbusters!

2. FatFreddysCat profile image98
      FatFreddysCatposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I'm glad someone got the reference!

5. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

No. With a little research, people will find that this isn't an exceptional occurrence. The people proclaiming it's something special haven't looked at the history. Is four (a tetrad) "blood moons" happening in the same year unique to this year? Is one occurring on Passover and/or the Feast of Tabernacles unique to this year? The answer to both is NO.

There will be four of these tetrads between 2001-2100. The most recent was 2003-2004. It has happened 62 times between the 1st and 21st centuries. As for occurring on those feast days, that has happened eight times in the past.

The verses in the Bible are saying the "moon will turn to blood" before the Lord's return. In Revelation (6:12), we see that same event being accompanied by a great earthquake and the sun turning "black as sackcloth". So unless those two happen on one of the nights this year, I see no significance.

As a Christian who believes in Biblical prophecy, I don't see anything special in what will happen this year except that the few well-known people who are always talking about the End Times are going to make some money on books, DVDs, and donations being made to their ministries.

6. Faith Reaper profile image89
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

I truly believe that as each day passes, we are closer and closer to biblical prophesy being fulfilled. As far as the four blood moons, all I know is that significant events have happened during certain times of the "blood moons" .. In 1794 the Jewish people were kicked out of Spain and persecuted. Then in May of 1948, Israel voted themselves as an Independent State and then were attacked by Arab nations on all sides. However, Israel (who did not have an organized army) won the war. Then in 1967, there was the Six Day War, where they were victorious and recaptured Jerusalem, which is very significant. I do not know what will happen, if anything, but there very well could be another significant event with Israel occurring between this month and next September, 2015. Who knows? Guess we will find out.

7. Chuck RitenouR profile image72
    Chuck RitenouRposted 3 years ago

My guess would be no. The Bible's old testament is a collection of stories (myths) that were around thousands of years before the Hebrews adopted them. With this historical fact as a fore-thought, I wouldn't be worrying or hoping that the end is near.

8. celafoe profile image58
    celafoeposted 3 years ago

NO i DO NOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!