What are the TEN MAIN things that religionists really do not understand about God & the potentiality
1. They are cheating themselves out of enjoying life.
2. They believe they are "sinners" which harms self-esteem.
3. They use outdated biblical rules to live by.
4. They use judgement calls that harm people.
5. They harm children with harsh discipline.
6. They harm children with unfounded claims of faith healing.
7. They ostracize groups of humans according to "religion".
8. They believe in unfounded notions of "salvation".
9. They have unreasonable expectations of other humans.
10. They harm the entire planet and humankind because they think "God" gave the world to mankind not for safe keeping, but to use and abuse as he feels like doing.
Wow - I can't top that! Best answer, already!
Some are; some aren't. Some actually follow the teachings and put Love first. Some people make generalities that are only partially true -- both atheists and believers. Some don't.
Not all religionists fit into this category. Some adhere to Truth in spirituality and not dogma and Ego -- but too few.
1) God is Love without self-concern. If they realized this, they would behave differently.
2) Too many take the Bible literally and miss the spirit of it. They don't realize that the first books of the Bible were written by Kabbalists in code, so no one without the code knows what they're talking about.
Make a list of 10 things? Anything else I can think of is merely a rehashing of the first two.
Self-concern (I'm right; you're wrong. Me versus you; separation) is the heart of all evil and suffering. This is the opposite of God (Love).
When I have by experiment achieved perfect humility, love, responsibility and confidence (Faith), the physical universe became as tissue paper -- flimsy nothingness and easily manipulated. Without Love (and a pure lack of self-concern), we are only physical cogs in the machine of reality. When we achieve perfect Love, then we rise above the machine and have full control over it.
Without self-concern, we have no limitations. With Pure Love, we find Wisdom and do all that is good in the world.
Too many mistake Ego as their guiding "light." They think they know truth and use it as a badge to bolster Ego.
If we love others as ourselves, even our enemies, and wish for them everything that they desire, then we heal the world. I have done this, but only briefly and found bliss only a moment after long minutes of rage. I quieted Ego to nothing and loved my enemies completely. The forgiveness was so complete, I forgot their trespasses for 34 years. And when I remembered, it was without any self-concern -- only love.
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
that other people must believe as THEY do?
by Grace Marguerite Williams 4 years ago
faith, belief, and path are the only legitimate paths in life? They staunchly believe that those who believe differently are in serious error, have fallen off the path, and need to be saved. Are they so insecure regarding their religious belief that they feel threatened by other ways of...
by emdi 8 years ago
Please post your views, can science and religion go together?
by Woman Of Courage 7 years ago
I have read many posts in the religious forums stating Christians are religionists. Christians aren't meant to pursue religion. As Christians, we are to have a relationship with God, not religion. Personally, I have seperated God from religion when I accepted Jesus as my personal Lord and Savior.
by M. T. Dremer 3 years ago
How can atheists improve their image?For whatever reason, the mainstream theists in the U.S. have trouble separating average atheists from the extremists in the news. Not all atheists want to watch Christianity crumble or start their own dictatorship. But how can we spread the image of a more...
by Will Apse 2 years ago
Quote:Humans suppress areas of the brain used for analytical thinking and engage the parts responsible for empathy in order to believe in god, research suggests.They do the opposite when thinking about the physical world, according to the study." from what we understand about the...
|HubPages Device ID|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Google Analytics|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel|
|Google Hosted Libraries|
|Google AdSense Host API|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels|
|Author Google Analytics|
|Amazon Tracking Pixel|