jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Who do you pray to?

1. Sri T profile image80
    Sri Tposted 3 years ago

Who do you pray to?

Do you get answers?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12142549_f260.jpg

2. Tusitala Tom profile image61
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

Something or someone - or a combination of both or neither - that is infinitely more understanding, compassionate, loving and wise than my own self-image self or ego is, that is what I pray to.   I have experience in having had my calls for help answered and I know beyond doubt  that I have access to spiritual guidance.   I refer to this guidance - and, yes, friendship - in many different ways, including my Higher Self.

This guidance is not aligned to any particular religion.  It/He/She?They care for all.   However, I suspect that closed minds and scepticism makes it far more difficult to receive such help than if one admits that one does not know how to handle, say, a really difficult situation and asks then keeps an open mind...not always demanding an immediate answer.

To my way of thinking, it is impossible to seek self-knowledge and self-understanding without, eventually, realizing that we have this guidance...and always have had.

3. traveleze profile image53
    travelezeposted 3 years ago

If your talking about do you pray to Jesus or the Father (God) here is a quote:
    So when we look at what the Bible says about prayer , our prayer should be directed to the Father realizing that Jesus Christ is our intermediary. He is there and intercedes for us right there at the throne of God. And so the Bible is clear.

4. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 3 years ago

i pray to Lord Jesus Christ and Mother Mary every night for blessings and help for earning at Hubpages. hey heard my prayers alright. I thank them

5. connorj profile image75
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12147000_f260.jpg

When I was younger I prayed to the Hockey Gods. On occasion I would be answered; we once went to the All-Ontario finals and beat the City of Brantford to get there. Brantford had a player named Wayne Gretzsky, however, I believe they misdirected me or led me mostly astray. If I had stayed the hockey path with the assistance of the Hockey gods I think I would have ended up in New Jersey with the Devils...
    I quickly converted and began a long and quiet quest up and down the Carmelite path and all I can text is that I am significantly blessed to be on this path/climb through the levels. It is of a most extraordinary, revelational and most peaceful nature and is most fruitful. We pray to God; yet just as a psychologist may exhibit most profoundly we mostly "listen" to God and practice "stillness." Now it is true, we ask Mary and certain Saints to intercede for us on occasion especially on their celebrated Feast Days. "Be still and hear God" and if I may add, live the Sacraments that Jesus gave to His disciples.

6. CrescentSkies profile image88
    CrescentSkiesposted 3 years ago

The book of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles of course!

7. Darrell Roberts profile image72
    Darrell Robertsposted 3 years ago

I pray to the Supreme Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krishna, who has many other names.  Originally I prayed to God as the Divine mind according to Christian Science teachings. 
    Further studies and spiritual growth has convinced me that chanting the Maha Mantra: Hare Krishna Hare Krishna Krishna Krishna Hare Hare Hare Rama Hare Rama Rama Rama Hare Hare is what works best for me.

Reading the Bhagavad Gita has answered so many of my questions and have helped me to see clearer what I need to fix in my own character. 

Who implies a person, so I pray to Lord Sri Krishna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead.
    Best wishes

working