What Is The Best Evidence For The Existence Of God?

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (90 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image63
    PhoenixVposted 8 years ago

What Is The Best Evidence For The Existence Of God?

2. Titen-Sxull profile image70
    Titen-Sxullposted 8 years ago

There is a stark lack of physical empirical evidence for the existence of the supernatural. Most evidence for God is found in the form of logical proofs or logical arguments such as the Cosmological Argument, Ontological Argument, Teleological Argument, Moral Argument, etc. It would take more than the character limit to delve into each argument and the strengths and weaknesses of them.

Rather than being convinced by evidence most believers come to faith in a far different way, and I would argue that someone who comes to belief in God through arguments (if such a person honestly exists) is not professing faith in God but claiming knowledge. Many were born into the religion of their parents and in some strict countries they might be essentially coerced into the religion by force. Some convert because they come in contact with a preacher or apologist they find convincing, or read the teachings of a religion themselves and come to faith that way.

Some may convert for a sense of strength and community or inner courage, such as people going through a very rough time, people trying to beat drug addiction, etc.

So I would say that to most people evidence is not central to their faith, although they might use some form of logical argument or apologetic gymnastics to bolster their beliefs. For many I would argue faith is about spiritual truth more so than literal truth.

1. Kiss andTales profile image62
      Kiss andTalesposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There is a scratch by the passengers side.
      Did you do it or somebody did  it,  while the car was in trusted in your care it has a scratch. So what you are saying is it is the dealerships fault of the scratch that was in your care. Wrong view.

2. profile image0
      Kathleen Hilerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

There is no first cause without God. As Thomas Aquinas said "Nothing is caused by itself. Every effect has a prior cause. This leads to a regression of events were one thing caused another. Logically this regression has to be terminated by a first ca

3. Kiss andTales profile image62

Link I can not make the sun rise, the moon glow,  A seed to a beautiful flower or plant,
      I can not control how our planet turns to give us the seasons and many more, nore can I control love that is deep and he is love
      He created it all but we benefit

4. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Cant say this is an area I know alot about Kathleen, but wouldnt that mean god also needed to have a prior cause? That cause would also have to have a prior cause, and so on.

5. Titen-Sxull profile image70
      Titen-Sxullposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I didn't answer this question to argue about the Cosmological argument Kathleen. I have several hubs that address the flaws of that argument. If you want to argue the subject I recommend checking out my hubs and commenting.

6. Kiss andTales profile image62

The problem here is that we try to get you to understand our thinking , while at the same time we should respect yours.Sorry but I never saw fool applied to anyone until you said it Link. 
      I just try to get you to understand by example.Not argue

7. Link10103 profile image61

...except I wasn't the one who mentioned it first.

In fact I even said as long as your beliefs make you happy, thats all that really counts.

8. Kiss andTales profile image62

I appreciate those words link . And I hope that you can try to understand some things we share with you and others. But in peace.

3. Link10103 profile image61
    Link10103posted 8 years ago

There is none. Plenty of things exist to make you wonder, but none show any definitive signs of a god let alone a specific one.
    What people consider evidence and the leaps in logic they have to make to convince themselves/others it counts as evidence truly staggers me sometimes.

To link could be food contamination, and the poison caused the rupture. But it could be bad food handling imperfect judgment
      And carelessness.

4. Kiss andTales profile image62
    Kiss andTalesposted 8 years ago

Our own existence was not impossible
    Why should God's be.
    Many things exist with out our power of envolvement , yet we know and accept man's eventions without question, we know some one designed it.and  produce copies
    Yet it is so impossible for people to comprehend a greater intelligence then the human mind .
    Again if we exist , So does he and many other creations.
    Certainly we are privileged to be born and exist .because we possibly could have never been born at all.
    Yet we beat the odds. Or we can say we came through that window of opportunity . We can and will see a better life under his Authority.

To link we are similar God did not cause the fall of imperfections Adam and Eve and Satan cause the situation.  But God only wants to fix it . He provided a way that would come through the genealogy of humans. Through a Jewish line . But all benifit

5. M. T. Dremer profile image85
    M. T. Dremerposted 8 years ago

The best, and arguably only argument for God's existence is that you can't prove he doesn't exist. I want to be clear that I don't think it's a good argument, because that same logic proves the existence of anything (like Zeus or unicorns) but I think it's the best argument because it's what keeps theism alive. Various aspects of science can discredit religious texts and the concept of creationism, but there will always be some element of the unknown. Questions that science can't answer.

It doesn't mean that answers don't exist, but we, as a species, might never find them. So if our ignorance is represented by a vast ocean, then the white whale (god) could still be out there somewhere. The argument I always use in response to this is that our only reference, that there is a white whale, comes from a book. In this metaphor it would be Moby Dick, but for the U.S. it's the Bible. Humans embellish, sensationalize, and mis-remember when they're writing non-fiction. And our capacity to write fiction is almost limitless. So, why then should we believe any of these books without first sighting the whale?

1. profile image0
      Stargrrlposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Good point.

2. Kiss andTales profile image62

To link. But you decide that later you will find a way to undert or straighten the flaw
      And that you will work with the imperfections when making cakes,  you have invested money into those pans
      So you plan to fix them.

3. profile image52
      Norine Williamsposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How do you "sight the whale" when God is a Spirit? Are u saying u must "see" Him to believe in Him? Is 55:8-9. We will NEVER have THE answer until I Jn 3:2! We have been given "A measure of faith" (Rm 12:3) - so proceed Jn 21:22 "..just follow Me!

4. abhishekpandey777 profile image61
      abhishekpandey777posted 8 years agoin reply to this

The unique creatures,plants,flowers,animals,land ,air,fire,diverse flora and fauna.
      second when human being looses their hopes they again hoping for some miracle.
      it is vry true that thre is always one boss to every individual so there would be a God

6. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 8 years ago

Look around you.  This planet and its inhabitants are the best evidence for God's existence.  We were not created by chance!  Think of how complex and intricately designed we are.  We are not simple, and we could not have been created any other way but by a divine creator!

1. Link10103 profile image61

One can just as easily look at horrible flaws in the body that cause painful deaths and say that no god would willingly design us that way, or if a god did he's all around sadistic.
      The honest answer: no one can be certain.

2. profile image0

Link - imperfections are the effects of SIN in this world!

Well Link as an example you have two perfect shape pie pans , then some one comes along and drop them one may be dented from the bottom and the other on the rim Did you drop them and cause these dents, No! you could throw them out and buy new ones.

One flaw I had in mind specifically was the appendix. We no longer need it, yet if it gets infected and bursts it will kill you rather painfully if not treated.
      How is that a result of sin?

5. Kiss andTales profile image62

Link we all are born with flaws like those pie pans, and each human is effected in different ways , that is why a baby who has not even lived to do wrong enters the world effected. Can have birth defects.
      what caused appendix to rupture could be

6. Link10103 profile image61

It gets rather depressing to see people who thank god for all the good in the world completely deny he has any responsibility for the bad because they believe we are the cause of evil simply by being born with sin and need forgiveness.

7. profile image0

Link, you misunderstood - WE are not responsible for sin in the world--Satan is.  God has NO responsibility for evil--Satan is!

8. Kiss andTales profile image62

Well it can get depressing when you are accused of something somebody else did, like drop those pie pans and you are accused of the dents. Which you purchased
      And now every cake made shows dents.
      But people will blame you for it no matter the truth.

9. profile image0

Right, the manufacturer who created the perfect pan is not responsible for the dents caused by someone else.

10. Link10103 profile image61

God + creator = god created satan. If satan is the cause of sin, and god created him, then it would follow that regardless of the degree, god is ultimately responsible for sin.
      Is there an error in that logic? I see a flaw in your analogy as well.

11. Kiss andTales profile image62

Right stargirl
      Link as example no one can make you write on HP but you , that is your free will. But if you take your free will and threaten life .is that HP fault?  You took your power and used it wrong .HP did not create you as a writer of threats.

12. Link10103 profile image61

The creator of the pan didnt create the person who ultimately dented the pan. God on the other hand created the pan and the being that would dent the pan (mankind) knowing full well what would happen, yet he is still completely blameless?

13. Kiss andTales profile image62

Link let's use one more example , say you want to lease a brand new car from the dealership , say you agree to a contract to pay , and maintain the car. At the end if your lease you are to bring it back in good condition , so when you bring it back

14. Link10103 profile image61

Kiss, your examples lack any kind of logic. I don't think you even read what I said. No one bothered to answer my earlier question either.

15. Kiss andTales profile image62

We are reading that's why we reply,  but you do not speak logic, you want to blame God for the abuse of acting on free will of choices.
      Not right. Like money some people can take it and do good with it, and another do bad.
      If they both received from

16. Link10103 profile image61

Logic in a nutshell. People dont think twice to thank god for the good yet are too weak to blame him for any bad, both of which were ultimately created/set into motion by him according 2 their beliefs. Instead they blame Satan...who god created. Sad.

17. Kiss andTales profile image62

The real logic is this satan wants to kill humans like Adam, while God has made provisions to save life.
      We exist while Adam who listen to satan is dead for eternity.  Now he wants to kill his offspring sad you got it backwards.

18. Link10103 profile image61

Clearly.
      Is there a reason you keep avoiding my question about confirming or denying that Satan was created by god Kiss?

19. Kiss andTales profile image62

Link when are you going to admit you are responsible for your free will how you use
      It.
      Just because you are created  does not  mean God is the fault of your choice of bad behavior.  Why did Jesus stay faithful and Satan did not. Both cane from God

20. Link10103 profile image61

I know I'm responsible for my choices, and Im glad you mentioned that.
      Kiss if you are solely responsible for your will why do you thank god for good things if those things came about from your own will or others? God wasnt responsible according to u

21. Kiss andTales profile image62

Link why credit him because I want to be in the image of my creator who is good to me. I do not have to exist, but he made that possible , I do not have to enjoy relationships and family and friends and beautiful things even earthy. He did it for us.

22. Link10103 profile image61

Thank you for the double standard Kiss.

As long as your beliefs make you happy, I guess thats all that counts.

23. feenix profile image57
      feenixposted 8 years agoin reply to this

If God does not exist, as atheists contend, why do so many of them spend a whole lot of time talking about Him. And now that I think about it, the fact that many atheists are always talking about God is the greatest proof that He does exist.

24. Link10103 profile image61

By extension then, Allah, buddah, Thor, Zeus, Shiva, Ra, Superman, The flying spaghetti monster, plus a million more, exist and you acknowledge their existence as fact.
      I can get behind that. Always liked the Greek gods personally

25. feenix profile image57

Careful, your slip is showing. First, God is Allah and Allah is God. Second, there is nothing at all mythical about God. And those who compare God to mythological and comic-book figures are people who lack knowledge and who have not grown up yet.

26. Link10103 profile image61

I'm aware of Allah, but its rather clear not everyone considers them the same. Superman and FSM were for fun, but you do realize Thor and the Greek gods were considered real gods in the past right? Still doesnt change the other millions not mentioned

27. feenix profile image57

I learned a long time ago that this world is about "different strokes for different folks." And quite frankly, I could not care less what others believe and disbelieve. But I don't like it when it is implied that I am a fool for holding my beliefs.

28. Link10103 profile image61

Yet you have no problem calling people fools outright for their beliefs or lack of...

Anyway, no one is a fool for their belief provided they don't assert it as fact because then its simply an opinion, and you don't have to back up an opinion.

29. feenix profile image57

Then why is it that nearly every time I write an OPINION piece about atheism vs. Christianity, atheists start coming out of the woodwork to interrogate me and to level attacks against me?

30. Link10103 profile image61

I'm sure it has nothing to do with all the assertions you make and how you blatantly state them as facts. You even called one of your hubs that has "fact" in the title an opinion piece the moment someone asked you to back up your assertion.

31. Kiss andTales profile image62

Also link I have never driven in a Rolls-Royce.  But that does not mean that the experience is not a fact, the car does not exist because I have never seen one in person or driven in one.
      Peoples experiences are different and that is their proof.

32. Link10103 profile image61

Personal proof is perfectly fine Kiss. Seeing as how personal experiences differ from person to person even if they did the same thing, it cant be relied upon as objective proof for all however. Ever play telephone as a kid? If not google it and see.

33. Kiss andTales profile image62

I must admit Link you are a man that is your experience , as a woman I could not share that experience .but you are a real man,
      It would be senseless to say you are not because I am not. But you explain your experience and facts of being one

34. feenix profile image57

link, Let us say, you do not like my style and I do not like yours -- and leave it at that. For my part, I will not communicate with you again.

35. Kiss andTales profile image62

Isa 45:18  Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: “

36. Link10103 profile image61

Your bluster consistently vanishes rather quickly feenix the moment anyone addresses what you say with any kind of sense. Off bat you imply I'm not mature and lack knowledge, I show you wrong and suddenly its we just think differently.
      Lol..

37. feenix profile image57

"Lol." How many times have I seen that on the internet during the past 10 or 20 years. I am living in an age that is bereft of creativity and individualism.

38. Link10103 profile image61

Odd how that has absolutely nothing to do with what's been said, and was only mentioned to pretend you have a leg to stand on since you won't/can't address whats already been said with any kind of substance.

Lol. No wait, "Aha"? *Laughs*?
      *Sneezes*

39. MonkeyShine75 profile image60
      MonkeyShine75posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Very good answer Stargirl

7. feenix profile image57
    feenixposted 8 years ago

The best evidence to me is I can think, I can see, I can feel, I can hear, I can walk and I can talk -- and I have the mental and emotional wherewithal to live among people who are out to besmirch all that is decent and good.

Great answer Feenix ! I totally like how you answer with example we all can relate to.

2. feenix profile image57

Thank you very much, Kiss and Tales.

I am happy to read good comments thanks for sharing.

8. Link10103 profile image61
    Link10103posted 8 years ago

Response to a post in the Q&A section that centers around God's non-accountability for bad things but "obvious" accountability for the good . read more

Spiritual life is similar , it is a language of it own , not all will experience it. So when we speak , it sounds ridiculous to those who do not know or understand the spiritual language. That includes the bible it is the documents that go with it

9. Dr Pran Rangan profile image77
    Dr Pran Ranganposted 8 years ago

A very good question. If considered from a scientific point of view, the existence of God cannot be proved. But if we look around and see the existence of a wonderful and enigmatic universe, we are rather compelled to believe in the existence of God or a supernatural power. A simple fact that a seed grows into a big tree or a bud blossoms into a beautiful flower can compel anyone to believe in His existence. How our Universe functions so perfectly can also compel someone to believe in His existence. The perfect functioning of the Laws of Universe simply indicates that there exists a supernatural power.

Whether a person believes in the existence of God or not is simply a matter of his or her perception but the person cannot get a proof or evidence of his or her perception. It is simply the experiences in life of a person that mold one's perception.

Though I have been closely associated with science in life, I have convincing experiences of His existence daily in my life.

Nice answer , but I surly disagree that God can be proven.
      Like some one who existed in the 1600's can it be proven they exist even  though we never saw them physically ?
      As a, scientists they have already proven we come from one pair of humans.

2. Link10103 profile image61

I agree/disagree. The universe if far from perfect, one wrong thing and we could be completely annihilated.
      Life as a whole leaves the possibility of the supernatural open, although Ive yet to see anyone give a logical argument for a specific deity.

3. Dr Pran Rangan profile image77
      Dr Pran Ranganposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Link 10103, since the creation of our Universe after a Big Bang, it has been functioning perfectly and a supernatural force is responsible for its perfect functioning. But our Universe will also be annihilated one day as all is impermanent in life.

I dont suppose you have any specific examples...the assertions always come first but I rarely ever see an example that proves them.

5. Kiss andTales profile image62

Well really the earth has  been in the position way before now to be wiped away but it stands
      Natural disasters prove something no matter of surface damage the earth still functions and replace foliage and grass.
      People think they are in control. NO.

6. Dr Pran Rangan profile image77
      Dr Pran Ranganposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Link 10103, the existence of God being a metaphysical phenomenon cannot be proved scientifically. A believer believes in God by having perceptual experiences about His existence. For a non-believer it is mere humbug.

10. profile image52
    Norine Williamsposted 8 years ago

"The Best Evidence for the Existence of God" is You and I who were created in His own image to give Glory and Praise to Him and Him Alone!

This is a "Spiritual" journey people! If you are "looking for hard evidence," there is none except in the "benefits" He provides "believers" on a daily basis."  Psalms 68:19!

1. profile image52

Why do people think that God is evil?  Do they not know"ALL thgs work together for good for them that love the Lord..according to HIS purpose?" Birth defects Consider Jn 9:1-3! He has "A PURPOSE!" Not for us to question - HE HAS A PURPOSE as in ALL!

11. profile image0
    SirDentposted 8 years ago

The Bible itself is a proven historical document.  Much of it has been proven by archaeological finds also.

It contains eyewitness accounts of many things that have happened that are found written in the Bible.  Jesus healed the sick, raised the dead, open blind eyes, made the deaf to hear and the mute to speak, cast out devils and died a horrible death and was raised from the dead and seen by many. 

A materialistic world cannot see a supernatural being nor can a supernatural being be proven, to my knowledge, by materialistic means.  God is a spirit and must be recognized in the spirit.

12. word55 profile image71
    word55posted 8 years ago

The best evidence is of any individual to believe with faith that God exists for as long as necessary. Now, God works according to His own Will. The more that one conforms to His way of righteousness, obeys His Commandments that include "to love Him with all mind, with all heart and with all soul then He may produce evidence to one then, sooner or later. One must develop a relationship of goodness with God although, God watches over and protect people even while they are yet sinners because He intends to use those whom He has gifted to promote His Kingdom. It may sound selfish but God is not selfish because He has purpose for everyone that is born and eventually accepts Him. Yes, we are born in a world of sin already but we are all or each, given the opportunity to repent from such a world and prove ourselves to become known people of God. God provided the sacrifice of His Son Jesus Christ in order for the possibility of anyone to obtain the new life (life without sin), the favor of His, the verification and therefore, the evidence in that being of His sheer existence. The answer to the question here is only evident individually, in that wonderful and beautiful way.

Beautifully expressed word55. Thank you for sharing

13. MonkeyShine75 profile image60
    MonkeyShine75posted 8 years ago

The universe has order, and many things developed the same way, for instance females of most species becomes pregnant by the male, carries the fetus, and gives birth.
    Another example is that the seasons show order, and the cycles of life.
    The way everything fits, and works together shows an intelligent creator.

1. Link10103 profile image61

One way to go about it I guess.

What about the natural disasters that cause pain, suffering, and total destruction to anything in their path? What does that show, specifically?

2. profile image52

Link: It shows "man" is too "smart" for his own good!

14. profile image52
    Milton Carterposted 8 years ago

LiFe is the best example of the existence of God. Every living organisms whether one wants to accept or not is a God. According to the bible God is all mighty, God is everywhere! God is a creator.. Ho w many mammals have created offspring? How many inventors are we aware of?  If we use common sense as opposed to the control we are expected to be under. We will be able to understand and appreciate the glories of our existence! living in  "FLIGHT" everyday!
    National SCHOLAR
    Gifted
    Multi-year nominee SCHOLAR

15. profile image53
    Allanbertbrionesposted 8 years ago

Not to mention the bible for it is given.

I personally i see myself as the evidence of the existence of God if theres is no God then surely there is no I am.

Let me ask you something first. Why is it that in this survival of the fittest world do i have consciense? Why do i have to care for anyone? Why do i have limits and why although we have this called free will i still feel i am not in control?

If there is no God i could probably the evilest of all beings that ever existed in this world that even hell could not stand,

Why then i am good? why then i am not evil? Inspite of all the unpleasant and extremely bad things happening as we see why is it that there still good people.

Inspite of evil why it still have I AM in the world? I think the best evidence for the existence of God is first ourselves for without God we're just all like animals, a predator and prey. Theres no hope for us without God.

We humans are the best evidence of God for both believers and non believers because if theres no God theres no point to be at least holding on to what is good. its better we kill each other for our own sake why suffer then?

But because God exist, we exist, love exist.

The second of that is science, it is the explanations of every work that God has made. Human knowledge had reach further and further and in the end they will just end up discovering into the feet of God.

They will end up discovering God is behind all of these ..eversince they knew a bit of thing.. that is if they could solve the infinity of the universe.

In some point the theory of evolution could be the process of creation for we can never tell the times of God can you imagine God's using a number? A period of time? We only use numbers for datas, records, dates, etc. to fit in with our limited minds..for who can measure the power of God. Yet in those period of times the root still came forth from God itself wether you came out of a monkey or a pig.

I still have my personal belief that we are originally created in the likeness of God thats why we stand as the evidence of God's existence.

maybe there are others that came from evolutions but still in the roots ofthe roots of it we can't deny the infinite power of God Almighty itself.

There are these metamorphosis, photosenthesis, pollination, balance of nature, food chains, cycles etc. Everywhere is evidently showing the work of God, the programmer of life..

We are the best evidence of God's existence thats why there is  "we are" there is "i Am" .. for the only reality of these illusions is God.

its just the matter of reality and illusions. Dont ask for evidence wake up to your illusions. You will wake up if youre belong to God..

16. juderes profile image80
    juderesposted 8 years ago

The powerful force, called love. God is love, Love is God.

That is where the word comes from this word existed before we arrived or was born
      and this word touches every human born.
      Through other humans.

2. MarieLB profile image75
      MarieLBposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Feelings are real.  One cannot deny what one feels.  When I am 'with' God, I feel good.  When I do not communicate with God, I often feel bereft, confused. . .  Who or What is God I cannot answer.  But I know there is a God.

17. betty janet davis profile image58
    betty janet davisposted 8 years ago

For me it is seeing the abundance that nature provides every year.  Regardless of what the human race does...wars, cruelty to animals, abuse of children, and the planet, nature still provides the crops that feed us. I think that is God's love.

I love your comment betty !, so true
      Just like in a relationship or a family the head of the family provides shelter , food, clothing, utilities,  water, all these are basics
      That we survive from , the main thing is oygen, it is supplied .

18. profile image50
    Felix Mckinsposted 8 years ago

The mere look on the things visibly seen is an eloquent testimony that someone must have created it. The orderly manner in which the universe is set is not just by accident but by design. The sun, moon,and the stars in their courses above all proclaim the existence of God.

19. roselinsojan profile image60
    roselinsojanposted 8 years ago

This world you are living and we itself is the main evidence for the existence of God.The most wonderfull thing in this world is the smile of a new born baby.the most sad thing in this world  is that we have no gratetude to our God.

roselin,true we take it for granted that life will be waiting for us tomorrow,but forgetting we can not add hours or days to our own life,we are the odds that were born many will never be that reality,but God continues to work our salvation of life

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)