jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (14 posts)

If God created life, doesn't He have a right to take life too?

1. OutWest profile image61
    OutWestposted 22 months ago

If God created life, doesn't He have a right to take life too?

Although we can feel very hurt and angry when a loved one passes, I'm not sure we can be mad God takes life in a general sense, when it is Him who gave it.  Not to say we cannot be angry at God for things He does that we don't understand.  But is there not some level of acceptance?

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 22 months ago

The IF is a big IF, one thing for sure is that NO HUman has ever seen God, not even in the bibles.

Assume, for the ? God exists. Why shouldn't God abide by his own 10 Commandments? Thou Shalt Not Kill?

3. Austinstar profile image93
    Austinstarposted 22 months ago

If I create a baby, do i have the right to kill it too? Stupid question. The answer is no, there is no "right" to it. Even your god said not to kill. Then goes right ahaead and breaks his own commandment. How much illogic can you justify to keep defending your imaginary gods?

1. OutWest profile image61
      OutWestposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Firstly you did not create that baby.  It is a natural process (created by God).   But i can't help but think where capital punishment fits into this equation

2. Austinstar profile image93
      Austinstarposted 22 months agoin reply to this

I could have decided not to create that baby, so yes, i created it. My decision. I don't believe in capital punishment either. You are still trying to rationalize your god as an imperfect god. He is a stone cold killer.

3. OutWest profile image61

Your views about peoples' beliefs are quite squewed.  As for creating life it's not even close

4. Austinstar profile image93

Well, It is my opinion that your views are quite skewed. Good thing we are both free to think what we want to.

5. profile image0
      SonOfSkyrim201posted 22 months agoin reply to this

"If I create a baby, do i have the right to kill it too"

Austinstar you're the one who believes abortion is okay so I wouldn't be talking.

6. Austinstar profile image93

Apparently your god believes in abortion also, or why would he allow it to happen? There is also biblical reference to god instructing his army to tear fetuses out of the womb.

7. profile image0
      SonOfSkyrim201posted 22 months agoin reply to this

Free will, that's why.

8. OutWest profile image61

@Austinstar please don't tell me about "my" God because you really have no idea about my beliefs

9. Austinstar profile image93

Having been raised a Christian, i probably know just as much about your god as anyone else. This is a public forum. If you don't like my answers, just delete them. But don't presume to tell me what to say.

10. OutWest profile image61

It's always amusing when an atheist knows more about the God they don't believe in than someone who does

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 22 months ago

God is everywhere (omnipresent), all knowing; all wise (omniscient) and all powerful (omnipotent). God is the Source and the originator of all. I would not say that He is mad or inhuman in the same sense as us humans. His highest nature is Love; Compassion ....but there is a Justice aspect to God's Love.

The mother slaps the child only so as to prevent him hurting himself, in the same way, God's Love can take a detour or a form of disguise, only for the safe or want of a better most glorious Creation.

working