Why Are Atheists The Most Vocal And Obvious Islamic Apologists?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (19 posts)
  1. PhoenixV profile image64
    PhoenixVposted 7 years ago

Why Are Atheists The Most Vocal And Obvious Islamic Apologists?

2. Oztinato profile image74
    Oztinatoposted 7 years ago

Cuz they're scared of Muslims? Also I really don't see a lot of atheists making excuses for Islam but quite the opposite.

3. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

In Dennis' Prager's book "Still the Best Hope", he gives an answer:
    There's a war of the world views right now, Islamo-fascist, Judeo-Christian American and liberal secular.
    The liberal secular team up with the Islamo-fascist because they want to tear down the Christian American culture and having monotheist Muslims makes them say "it isn't because we hate religion, look, Muslims agree with us!"
    The Muslims join with the liberals because the liberals' multiculturalism lets them have their own enclaves, no matter the forced veilings and early marriages. And because the liberals look at them as poor third worlders in need of sympathy and support, so the alliance increases Muslim immigrant and gives them welfare.
    What liberal atheists ignore is:
    * the Koran calls for death to atheists, and Iran and Saudi Arabia execute them formally, while Pakistan won't investigate the murder of dozens of atheist bloggers and writers for the past few years
    * Islam calls for the death of homosexuals; ISIS throws them from roofs, Saudis and Iranians execute them after trials, Orlando Plus club shooter just showed up with guns to a Pride party for maximum death count
    * Islam is misogynist, from women being worth half a man in court and inheritance to always some man's property to she can't get into heaven if her husband isn't happy with her to rape victims being tried for sex outside of marriage (even the moderate UAE has done this to western women reporting being raped).
    * When a culture is allowed to have its ghettos and not have to assimilate to modern mores, IT WILL NOT assimilate, especially when it considers Western society evil and so decadent it should be conquered. 

So the liberal secularists are siding with what looks like a weak ally they are reflexively sympathetic for, ignoring the fact that Muslims will destroy everything liberal secular societies support if they have more power.

Then again, the liberal secularists may like the totally authoritarian nature of Islam down to controlling speech, dress and behavior and thus be attracted to a rigid and harshly enforced ideology - which is something social justice warriors WANT to do. In that case, it is authoritarians allying together to tear down the dominant culture. But it means Muslims will win that war, because most atheists won't fight for their freedoms or anyone else's.

PhoenixVposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Maybe they are allies on a spiritual level too?

2. Ericdierker profile image45
      Ericdierkerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

What an interesting viewpoint. I saw today that the LGBT only will support liberal democrats. Wow what an intolerant society part of us are -- I think a small part.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image84
      Billie Kelpinposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This answer is among the most incendiary of comments that I have ever seen on hubpages and is making me seriously consider taking my innocuous little writings off of a website that can produce such hate-filled, illogical,and unchristian rhetoric.

4. Readmikenow profile image93
      Readmikenowposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This answer is so true and spot on, I'm sure it will upset many people.  I can add nothing except my admiration for providing a clear answer to a complex issue.

5. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have a Hub on Dennis Prager's book, the comment above is only a summary of it

4. Aime F profile image69
    Aime Fposted 7 years ago

Why are Christians the most vocal about calling people who don't stereotype against all Muslims "Islamic apologists"?

I don't like extremism regardless of which religion it's attached to and you'll never hear me say that radical Islam is okay - but you'll also never hear me call it a 'Muslim problem' or lump all Muslims into a category with the most extreme believers.  I'm sure Christians appreciate it when I don't assume they're all like the Westboro Baptist Church or are bad people because the Bible said some horrible things. 

Why can't people extend the same courtesy to Muslims without being called "terrorist sympathizers" and other such lovely terms?

Unless you're suggesting that you know atheists who say what Islamic extremists do is forgivable because they're Islamic?  Which is pretty much the most un-atheist thing one could do - excusing behaviour based on religion.

5. jackclee lm profile image81
    jackclee lmposted 7 years ago

I don't agree that atheists are Islamic apologists. They are against all religion but they are biased against the Christian religion. They know they can get away with attacking Christianity without any consequences where as Islamic groups will kill people who bad mouth their religion. So which group is more fanatic?
    The idea that all groups are equal is misguided. Some groups are obviously more militant than others.
    Atheists are also misguided in their attack on the Christian religion because their own survival as a group depends on a righteous nation with a Constitution that defends a freedom of religion even no religion. That is not true of some other religion such as Islam.

1. tamarawilhite profile image86

Atheists are afraid Christians will create an ISIS-like state, while ignoring Muslims in the west setting up Shariah patrols and demanding religious accommodation per an ISIS-like state.

6. WithMetta profile image60
    WithMettaposted 7 years ago

There's a huge schism in the left right now, where most atheists are found. Some of us are libertarian-leaning classic liberals who criticise Islam vehemently. The others (I fear the majority, as they seem to be succeeding in pushing left-libertarians to the right) are "social justice"-obsessed, culturally marxist, regressive authoritarians, who hypocritically rant about the mythical Western "patriarchy" while DEFENDING Islam, which is the only legitimately demonstrable patriarchy in the world, because most Muslims are brown skinned, and Social Justice Warriors are shamelessly racist against those who aren't brown-skinned.

I believe it is a unbelievable contradiction between social justice and what I believe are the worst Human rights violaters in the World.  I believe they are allied against their uncommon spiritual enemy simple as that.

2. WithMetta profile image60
      WithMettaposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Phoenix - You use the word "simple" but I have no idea what you're trying to say.

3. PhoenixV profile image64

Christianity is their common enemy so they are allied.

4. RachaelLefler profile image90
      RachaelLeflerposted 7 years agoin reply to this

They don't really support social justice as such, it's a mislabel, I wrote an article about what should be done to reform the idea of social justice. Anyway, I agree, and it's sad to be in this rational libertarian camp.

5. tamarawilhite profile image86

Sargon of Akkad, Sam Harris and the late Christopher Hitchens are excellent examples of the atheist realists.

7. RachaelLefler profile image90
    RachaelLeflerposted 7 years ago

Those atheists that focus on Christianity to debate against do so only because Christianity is more prevalent in their countries of origin. Many atheists who come from Muslim majority countries spend just as much time criticizing Islam. And, many of the big-name atheists hate Islam very much, or at least as much as they do Christianity so I really don't see where you're getting this idea that we're "vocal and obvious Islamic apologists".

8. heatherlund profile image60
    heatherlundposted 7 years ago

They are? Really? I'm atheist and I am putting it on blast all over social media saying these Islamic dogs need to be put on leashes. Idk why everyone isn't putting the heat on these hateful people.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)