jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Explain to me clearly in lay man terms why waves function collapse on observatio

1. micadeolu profile image47
    micadeoluposted 16 months ago

Explain to me clearly in lay man terms why waves function collapse on observation in QM.

Have read and watched many theories offered by physicists concerning quantum mechanics and quantum entanglement. I have a feeling its more about spirituality than scientific. Please, what's your take?

2. Oztinato profile image71
    Oztinatoposted 16 months ago

Scientists are good at stealing ancient ideas they like to debunk in the same breath.
    They debunk spiritual or religious beliefs like Sympathetic "magic" which has, since prehistoric times, claimed that two objects can influence each other over a distance after being linked or as they say "entangled".
    There are many other examples.
    Hindus have claimed for thousands of years that there is all pervading energy running the universe. This is now claimed as the idea of scientists.
    Quantum scientists say bilocation is common in the quantum world but it is quakery and superstition to believe in bilocation in the outside universe!
    Scientists accept there are almost an infinite number of other dimensions but it is crazy to believe in another dimension like 'heaven".
    Commonly atheists try to claim the opposite and say it is religions who are now trying to steal from science but the truth is that science evolved out of religion. This can be easily found out by reading some history.
    Once again the scientific "principle of evolution" is discarded by scientists when studying religion and the evolution of science. It is practiced hypocrisy. Hypocrisy has no place in science but is adopted by the atheist scientist as a rule of thumb when they deride religion or ancient spiritual practices. Religion doesn't suit their agenda which is to take as much credit as possible for their own egos and careers.

3. tamarawilhite profile image92
    tamarawilhiteposted 16 months ago

Spirituality has nothing to do with it, very advanced mathematics they are still sorting out does.

4. Ceegen profile image80
    Ceegenposted 16 months ago

A waveform collapse is what happens when you attempt to observe the possibilities of any given set of possibilities -- The outcome is forced into a solution, by the virtue of a sentient observer attempting to view the solution.

And yes, there are spiritual implications. Mathematics only describes the waveform collapse function as to how it works, but not why it works.

5. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 16 months ago

It's called "reconciliation" in Scripture (II Corinthians 5:11-21)!  When we become one with THE ONE (aka "born again" of "filled with HIS Holy Spirit") we obtain the "mind of Christ" (I Corinthians 2:16; Romans 12:2; I Corinthians 2:14-16) and gradually change into HIS likeness (II Corinthians 3:18) by "STUDYING" and having "FAITH" in HIS WORD "in this world" (I John 4:17)!

Science has theorized "wave function collapses "on observation" in QM, but it collapses in spirit into the ONE SPIRIT of the CREATOR when we become "like HIM in this world!" 

You are right in saying "it's more about spirituality than scientific" because as OZ said "the truth is that science evolved out of religion!"

However, I disagree that ONLY "Hindus have claimed for thousands of years that there is all pervading energy running the universe" for that "pervading energy" (aka SPIRIT) is MY GOD; JESUS (Colossians 1:16; John 1:10); "THE CREATOR OF THE UNIVERSE!"

working