jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What is the effect of Religion?

1. Joejazzy profile image61
    Joejazzyposted 17 months ago

What is the effect of Religion?

2. Larry Slawson profile image97
    Larry Slawsonposted 17 months ago

The biggest effect is that it gives individuals a sense of hope after death.  In regard to organized religion, however, it provides people with a sense of belonging; a sense of community; and a sense of purpose by providing an avenue for people to associate and fellowship with those who share similar beliefs.

3. profile image56
    Norine Williamsposted 17 months ago

NONE in this life but it certainly makes for a great reservation in HELL! 

Do you recall the "Religious" people in Scripture; the 'scribes and Pharisees?"  Weren't they they ones who "DID" all of "THE LAW" to become 'righteous' through 'self effort' or tried to "Work" their way into heaven?"  Read Matthew 23 to find out what Jesus said to them about their "Religion" or "Self Effort!" 

I keep "trying" to tell ALL, Jesus didn't like "Religion" then, and HE certainly doesn't like it NOW, under the NEW COVENANT in which HE DIED and sent us PROMISED HELP to utilize HIM (aka Holy Spirit) to "WORK" in us rather than "trying" (as the 'scribes & Pharisees') to become "righteous" via "self effort!"  We are "CURRENTLY" under  THE NEW ["ALL SPIRITUAL'] COVENANT in which "WE" don't "WORK" but *HE* "WORKS" changing us (II Corinthians 3:18) through the HOLY SPIRIT (Acts 1:2; Titus 2:11-12)! 

The 'world' (aka Satan; 'man') has created "Religion" to LOSE SOULS!  II Kings 17:29-41 tells us this!  Colossians 2:8 tells us "BEWARE lest any man spoil you through 'PHILOSOPHY' and 'VAIN DECEIT,' after the RUDIMENTS of the WORLD, and NOT AFTER CHRIST!"  If one follows Christ, he would allow the HOLY SPIRIT "WORK" and "change [you] from glory to glory!" 

Google and see how many times "Religion" is mentioned in Scripture!  GOD "HATES" 'SELF EFFORT!'  Why do you think HE DIED?  ONLY for the "shedding of HIS blood?"  In John 14:1 HE asked us not to worry and told us "I will not leave you "Comfortless" (v26) "I will send you some HELP" and HE DID on the Day of Pentecost (Acts 2:2)!  Then we listen to RELIGION and "try" to continue (as the 'scribes and Pharisees') "work" our way into heaven!  FOOLS!

HE DIED and gave us the "GIFT" of "GRACE" (aka HIMSELF; John 1:14; "full of GRACE and TRUTH!) and we STILL "try" to become 'righteous' through 'self effort!'  Galatians 2:21 says "I do NOT FRUSTRATE the GRACE of GOD: for if righteousness come by THE LAW (aka 'self effort'), then CHRIST IS DEAD IN VAIN!"

Therefore, everytime you believe RELIGION (*You* have to "DO" right!), you "FRUSTRATE THE GRACE OF GOD" and nail HIM back to the cross! 

IT IS WRITTEN; whether you want to 'believe' or not!  RELIGION has been created by 'man' to LOSE SOULS and has NO "righteous" effect on one AT ALL because it demands "self effort" rather than allowing what JESUS DIED FOR (Sent the Holy Spirit to HELP) "WORK" in our lives!   

I HATE RELIGION!

4. profile image60
    peter565posted 14 months ago

I've just wrote this hub on Christian value's influence on the western world

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosoph … e-to-women

working