Will any religious person admit that .....

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 141 discussions (889 posts)
  1. marinealways24 profile image60
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

You don't know what happens or where you go after death.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do know.

marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Refer to the previous comment I wrote on your philosophical "enlightenment" and "rebirth". You can use those when you logically explain them, then maybe someone will buy them.

Many do understand and one library has ranked my work next to the Bibles.Its not possible for someone who has not  died ,seen the light and come back to write on it with such clarity.
          I am not the only one to do so every saint or sage on this planet till date has as well, its called enlightenment in English, satori in Japanese,samadhi in India, Fanaah by sufi mystics, fact of life.

How did I know that was coming. So explain what happens after death since you are so highly ranked. Maybe you are just high.

1. Cagsil profile image72
              Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. mohitmisra profile image60

I have before only to be mocked by people such as you but since is my job I will do so again.
              Your inner energy or soul travels in this tunnel towards this point of light at an incredible speed.Then you reach the end of this tunnel and this point of light becomes huge like the sun,the next thing that happens is you go into this light and explode  into a limitless light,a light with no beginning and no end, bliss, you are this light, its your source where you have come from and will eventually go back to,god.

Why would anyone mock that? It's perfectly logical.

Where does heaven come in?

Why would anyone rank my work with the Bibles?

Its something you need to experience for yourself in order to understand I was an atheist and didnt believe either.

Heaven is this Light or god

That doesn't explain very much. You would think for an "enlightened" one as you claim to be, there would be more detail.

2. Cristale profile image73
            Cristaleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Actually, there are many studies being done about this topic today. Some people actually have had their heart stop beating, seen and gone to the light, only to return to tell their true story. Many accounts can recall speaking with a man who stated that it was not their time and to return to their bodies.

2. Mikel G Roberts profile image76
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll admit it...I think we all admit that....."it comes down to faith" (because we don't 'KNOW')

Thanks Mikel, I agree.

2. muslima61 profile image70
        muslima61posted 14 years agoin reply to this

hello again smile just looking this time.... heheh

1. Freya Cesare profile image77
          Freya Cesareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Me too. tongue

3. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have never claimed to know everything. What I know is what has been revealed to me. I can't say what happens immediately after death, but I do know that all will be judged according to their works. Some will inherit eternal life and other will inherit contempt.

People don't look at what faith actually is. They call it blind. Faith is not blind but is based on evidence.

I would like you to explain how you know people will be judged after death.

1. profile image0

Jesus told me Himself.

Are you enlightened as well?

1. profile image0

I am a sinner saved by grace through faith not of works, lest any man should boast.

lol Don't start writing in tongue and parrables. If you are saved, have you been enlightened? What did Jesus tell you about his judgements after death? Don't quote them from the bible, I want to know what he told you personally.

1. profile image0

How can I explain what God says without using God's Word? I said before that I knwo what I do know and what I don't know I know not.

If you are asking me if I am enlightened like Mohit, the answer is NO.

lol Why don't you think you are on the same spiritual level as Mohit? Are you enlightened at all? Wasn't your claimed rebirth of excepting Jesus what you refer to as enlightenment? I want to know something Jesus told you personally, not some scripture you are quoting. Did he only tell you what was written in scripture? How convenient.

2. Mina Valentine profile image59
                    Mina Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey SirDent? what GOD tells YOU is for YOU and YOU only. God will judge. We were not to be put on this earth to be judge and juror of anyone. Again, there is a fine line here where a person who has not been led to ...."seek HIM....." at least not yet anyways...LOL...we can pray that The Lord will answer AND LEAD folk to but every child/person born is not OF God. That IS first and foremost.

2. Loves To Read profile image61
                Loves To Readposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hallelujah to that brother. I love to see people who not only declare their faith in Christ but who will actually stand for Jesus and what he did for ALL MANKIND so that we may have life and have it more abundantly.
                Would anyone of you out there sacrifice your life so your enemies could live a happy and prosperous life?
                Jesus did so we all had the same right to choose eternal life.

2. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'judgment' is no court room drama.
          'judgment' of purity v. impurity is the answer.

how do we know? just as anything that nears the sun is burned by fire.
          what remains is pure, else is swallowed by the Consuming Fire.

4. Alessia Amnesia profile image61
      Alessia Amnesiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not sure if you're looking for Christians or what...

But I'll bite.

I consider myself a very religious person, although I am a Wiccan, not a Christian and I will openly admit that I have no idea where you go when you die.

Nothing to bite really, I was just looking for honesty. Thanks for answering honestly.

5. kess profile image59
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are those who do not know.

But there are those who do and there is much consistency to the stories without each merely repeating the others.

The issue is, most are quite happy believing what suits them, and the truth is of no importance.

But death and darkness and ignorance are synonymous and opposite to life and light knowledge.

What is the consistency of the story of life after death? White light? Very explanatory. lol
        How does a person find themselves if you say that truth is no importance. Truth is what makes a person. lol

1. kess profile image59

Marine if you do not understand the answer, it is better to ask for than to presume it is ridiculous.
          If you had the right answer, them by all means critersize.

But to be ignorant and critersize from that basis is foolish.

Death and life are all around us and they are perceived with the sight of the eye and the sight of the mind.

When one "dies" physically, he is actually merely going back to his origin, which is either death, darkness, nothing.

Or life, light, all things.

Marine ponder first to know and not merely to refute, ignorance too is death.

lol I have been "pondering" for quite "awhile". Have you pondered awhile?

I keep seeing empty claims with no explanations, so yeah, i'm left to assume when someone makes empty claims with no explanations. Most often the correct assumptions for claims with no explanations is that they are based on faith without explanation.

Meditate and find out , I did ,kess has got his own realization.

6. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Faith in God is kinda like this...
        You are sitting on the couch when your 6 year old daughter comes into the living room on Christmas Morning.
        You hand her a very pretty wrapped box with a bow and card  on it.
        She has faith that you love her and that there is something in the box. She doesn't know what it is ...  She just has faith in you that the box is not empty.

But if that box has to go through a couple of middle men?? ;
      Her faith could be greatly decreased when she opens the box.

lol These parrables kill me. First, I don't have a daughter, I have a son. Second, middle man or not, whats inside the box will likely not have a God voice when the box is opened. In another words,

Just because there is something in the box doesn't mean it's God. Too many people assume whats in the box before opening it.

1. Jerami profile image59

The question was why we do not know more about the afterlife.
              You do not seem to have much of an imagination, Does Logic kill Imagination?
               The parable wes spoken such that those with understand about Faith would immediately know what I was talking about while others would not.
               You were argueing wordage instead of looking for the spirit of the statement.

lol Ok, so faith there was something in the box, wow. Here is my imagination. Does faith that something in the box mean that there is before you even open it? I agree faith makes you feel better about the chances of having a present in the box, this doesn't make it absolute that there is a present in the box. It relates directly with death as my previous comment. I think you are the one with the lacking imagination.

Relate not knowing whats in the box with not knowing what happens at death. It takes faith to both believe there is something in the box before looking and to believe there is an afterlife before dying.

If you wouldn't attempt to use so many Jesus parrables, it would make things less complicated. Or does using Jesus parrables mean you have an enlightened imagination?

I would not call it a Jesus parable.
              Some people would call this analogy.
              And no I am not claiming anything of myself other than to be a simple man with simple understanding.

Sometimes it takes a simple mind to see the simple answer.
              Why do we look for such complicated answers for simple questions.
                 I think that Jesus used his parables in an attempt to show this to the Pharisees,  because they were so HIGH minded, he wanted to answer as simply as possible and yet they still didn't get it.

Some would call it an analogy unless the person writing it is a follower of Jesus and has already used parrables multiple times on the forums. Come on. They are pretty much the same anyways.

Maybe they didn't get it because he didn't have the ability to "enlighten" them.

And you havent found god so you assume believers assumptions are foolish and egoistical, why do you want to go to a place filled with such fools?

1. skyfire profile image75
            skyfireposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry to get in between but if you ask me it is good business opportunity, your faith my business. This is how shops outside temple and church/durga/mosque etc work. This is how politics/religion works. There needs to be product to sell something, faith is one good product.

You dont have to buy.Not forcing you or threating you with any consequences at all.

2. marinealways24 profile image60

lol You are right, I do think most assumptions are foolish and egotistical. They make claims through faith without explanation or evidence. Are you sure it is me in the place of fools?

You keep calling me a fool and arrogant and  I am supposed to say yes , how can I not be one only ranked with Bibles Qurans and Bhagwat Gitas,have to be a fool no one else can do such a thing, only foolish prophets and saints can. smile

3. Mina Valentine profile image59
          Mina Valentineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

MARINE.....the example given about faith......and their six yr old daughter....hmmm?......u responded about having a son WHICH was irrelevant to what was said as an example again and while HAVING A BABY or a child is wonderful....(Bless The Lord for children), I feel you have not truly tried to be open minded about what has been said. How do you know what a parable is and how would you know if these ARE Bible quotes IF they haven't given you a scripture OR you haven't read it for yourself?(New King James version for YOU would be an easier read) You must read The Bible. the answers are in there. Instead you lean unto 'man' (humans)FOR answers instead of seeking The Lord.

7. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have ideas

With explanations?

8. connorj profile image69
      connorjposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I went to a place that I could "best" describe as Eden; however, I could not conclude it was Eden. If interested you can read my probable near death experience (NDE) from a website. The URL is:http://www.nderf.org/john_c_probable_nde.htm
      Although there is no quantitative evidence to conclude anything in after-life; perhaps our faith is our greatest catalyst/weapon and our greatest inhibitor is lack of faith. Before my NDE I had little faith. Now I am filled and as you may summize my cup is running over.

9. Davidsonofjesie profile image59
      Davidsonofjesieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

not sure where i am going, but do know where i am not going!

10. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not a religious person. But I believe in life after death. We die. Our bodies rot. This provides building blocks for new life forms. Life after death. It's a cycle, and we're all part of it. Unless you get cremated and spend eternity in a jar.

11. EWS profile image59
      EWSposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the best way to to answer that question with a question:

a) Why do you ask that in the first place?  There has to be something that prompted that question (I assume)

and more importantly

b)  If we do not go anywhere when we die, then what is your outlook on "the end."  Do we live 70 yrs old, maybe 90 if we ar strong, and then die, and thats it.  Thats is a scary outlook

1. Sara Tonyn profile image61
        Sara Tonynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually I was just following up on what was being discussed. I'm not sure if it really existed on Earth. Of course I'm not a believer in a literal version of the Adam and Eve story so...

I think there's something more after we die cuz I think we're energy that continues taking different shapes and forms. Does that make sense?

12. Dim Flaxenwick profile image81
      Dim Flaxenwickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can't speak for anyone but myself, but as far as I'm concerned the Bible is God's word.Like a letter from a loving father far away and he tells us at Ecclesiastes chapter 9 verse 5 ....that the dead are concious of nothing at all. Just a nice long sleep till the resurrection.

13. vox vocis profile image80
      vox vocisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The sight goes as far as the thought goes!
      A religious person doesn't know but has faith.

1. Jewels profile image85
        Jewelsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Isn't it possible for you to see beyond your thoughts, and then allow thoughts to fathom what you see?  Vision is limitless and only limited by your thoughts.  Consciousness is an expandable vehicle.  It even reaches beyond what we know as heaven.  The universe is an enormous playground of vision.

14. justhumorme167 profile image61
      justhumorme167posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why would any religious person admit that?  Wouldn't that negate the purpose of faith?

I'm not religious at all, but you are the kind of person that makes non-religious people look as silly as religious people.  You don't know how to debate from an intellectual standpoint.

I hate being rude, but since you've been rude to anyone who even attempts to answer your question, I'll be rude, too.  You should learn this lesson: do not ask a question if you do not want to get an answer.  You are asking for opinions - really, you are asking for a fight.

And this "enlightenment" stuff is incredibly interesting - you keep harping on it.  You need to study religions and understand how people who follow those religions think and the terms they use.  Many western religions don't use that word, so you are simply confusing people into losing a rather one-sided argument.

And those who try to debate with you about the life after death thing... all I can do is sigh.  It's walking into a trap.  They will learn.

As for you, you sound like someone who just got in an argument with their religious mother, and decided to come on a forum and rant.

1. profile image52
        Kingfisher7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wisdom.  Peace to you.

15. profile image0
      L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Of course we don't know...noone can know for certain.

But we can believe. It's the belief which is important to us, not the verification of that belief.

As R.M. Hare said: We all have a blik (certain way of looking at the world) which will never change.

Just because we don't know doesn't mean we will stop believing.

Hope that clears some things up smile

Luke.

Do you think Jesus ,Buddha, Mahavira and the other prophets and saints didn't know and spoke totally out of blind belief?

16. shiva tattva profile image61
      shiva tattvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Many saints and yogis have already elaborated on this. Hence there's no ambiguity here.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

there's always ambiguity in beliefs.
        no proofs
        no clues.
        Millions of different interpretations.

Only Faith.

17. Daniel Carter profile image62
      Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope. Don't have a clue. No solid evidence one way or another that I can find. I *sense* there is plenty beyond this life. I only sense it.

2. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

Not quite understanding what response your looking for hon.  Please explain. smile

An honest religious person that admits they don't know everything they claim or their religion claims. I think the promise of life after death is of religions biggest recruitment tools.

1. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, that's not true.

Alright, why not? Would a Muslim suicide bomber blow himself up without the promise of heaven and virgins?

Thank you very, very much.

lol
            she wasn't talking to you, nor the topic you're in !
            do you understand English ??
            lol

3. skyfire profile image75

In this thread right now i'm experiencing something different. And we have evidence as well that religious people claim something more than what they have.

The prophets have had to face a lot of abuse and ridicule for speaking the truth, they don't need to lie, what do they get for it ,torture and crucification? You think it is fun?

Fun ?  Oh galactus, this is above my head now.

I asked you to prove that you ranked in sales and ranking that's it. No abuse and no torture fun etc. If you're denying your own claims with some funny one-liners then i can't help it. Just give me the stats that you're much better than dan brown and my mouth will be shut.

Thank you for being truthful and saying its beyond your comrehenson. smile
                Look up my profile its so easy to do that.Dont need to lie to you.
                I like your quality of saying show me proof and I will accept , I have shown many others here including tantrum but even after that they still insist on trying to ridicule me .

Beyond my comprehension ? read again "above my head". You ranked high with this English comprehension ?

Come on, santa kill me now can't tolerate this "self bais" anymore big_smile

lol
                    lol

Did you seen my profile you said you will stop once you have seen proof unlike some others.

2. profile image0
            Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Everyone is not the same. Not everyone who believes in God is religious.
            And..you have no such evidence. How can you assert evidence????
            You can't

Lurk for a while as we are airing it live, if you read this thread you can figure it out that some religious people do claim that they have known more things but they don't in reality.

2. Brian McKinlay profile image60
        Brian McKinlayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not life after death that most concerns me as a Christian, it's this life, here and now--how to live well.  That's what Jesus was on about.

Both actually, the first as you say after one is reborn he lives a more complete life and on death he goes back home.

3. goldenpath profile image67
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Sure, as a minister I will admit that I do not know for certainty what happens after death.  However, because of my long years of study, searching, praying and hoping I have acquired the satisfactory answers to my question.  Now, all the answers to my questions portray a magnificent tapestry of life that I cannot deny.  I have a deep faith and testimony in those answers but I kid no one.  I have not been dead so I cannot paint the picture for anyone.  What I can do though is continue to offer answers as I have acquired them.  The good thing, though, is that on occasion someone likes and accepts the answers given and become heirs of that same faith.

But to each his/her own.

Thanks for an honest answer. I am confused. Do you preach that you don't know what happens after death or do you preach what scripture says of going to heaven?

1. goldenpath profile image67
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I mince no words with anyone.  I preach faith according to scripture, continued revelation and the knowledge one gains through their faithful service and good works.  These all constitute the perpetuation of more knowledge according to worthiness.  I can say I know what goes on after death but I can only give you the work that goes on as an outline.  Details no one can give but I can give an outline according to the knowledge I have gained.

I know that all this is clear as mud but that is how I can explain my answer to your question.

lol, If you contradict yourself, I will pick you apart. I don't think you are being honest. You first claim that you don't know what happens after death and then say "I can say I know what goes on after death but I can only give you the work that goes on as an outline."

Scripture says a person that is saved and accepts God goes to heaven after death. You said earlier that you don't know what happens after death, but you say you still preach what scripture says happens after death.

"Details no one can give but I can give an outline according to the knowledge I have gained."

Please logically explain the knowledge you have gained of life after death along with the outline. I find it faith based that you can have knowledge after death without dying yet. Don't try to use "enlightenment" or "rebirth" on this one either. I am talking about literal death, not philosophical death from which you claim wisdom.

Sorry for any confusion.  There is no contradiction.  You wanted to know if any religious person will admit that they don't know.  I submit to you that anyone has not crossed the valley of death themselves cannot tell in concrete the footpaths trod along the way.  That is all I am saying.  Now as far as salvation is concerned and the workings of the yet disembodied, yes, I can explain those things.  I don't believe I have contradicted anything.  Sure, it may sound as such but it really isn't.  I have acquired my knowledge through the things I've stated above and I believe it firmly. 

We are all individuals.  The path to the other side are many and each of us has a varied path according to our deeds, faith and ordination.  I think it is in these varied paths that you and I are misunderstanding each other.

Alright, please explain what you know about life after death.

2. profile image52

"Scripture says a person that is saved and accepts God goes to heaven after death."

Christian scripture does not say that.  Our soul will rest until the end times when His enemies have been put under His foot and satan is cast into the lake of fire.  At the resurrection, Judgment Day, when the Book of Life is opened, we will live forever in His Kingdom.

If I am correct in the way that I understand my KJV,
              When a person dies in the Lord, they do go streight to heaven.
                   But that is because I believe that the first rescurection has already occured, approx 1114 years ago.

2. caravalhophoto profile image59
      caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I could not have replied to this topic any better.  Nobody knows what death is like except those who are dead...so the question is still not understood by me.

I am a Christian with a fear of God, some do not understand why the fear...my answer on that question is because I believe in God and his Word (my interpertation of the Bible-no one elses).  I also believe; after death, I do want a life of love and peace, no disease, no war...that is what I want here and "Man" has destroyed that for all, not God.

No matter what your religion, faith or lack of belief, I believe that my beliefs make me a better person because I want for something better after death. I'm not claiming I'm perfect, I have made huge mistakes and have turned my back on God many times, but when I take the time to sit and talk and pray to God...my life always takes a dramatic turn for the better.  That is my proof to myself that I want the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost by myside here on Earth and after death. smile

Like goldenpath said "to each his/her own"

Is thought or will free if it is based on fear?

If you say everything is mans fault and say man is creation of God, you are saying it is Gods fault. If I raised my child to be evil, he would probably be evil. Why did God raise his children to be evil?

I don't think theres anything wrong with having faith in an afterlife. I think it is possible. The part I think wrong is people telling others what will happen as if they know.

1. caravalhophoto profile image59
          caravalhophotoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is MY belief and MY want to fear God, because I believe in His word.

God did not start War...Man did.  God does not Steal...Man did.  God does not Rape or Molest Children...Man did.  If you have no faith or belief in Him, how would you not know better...people want to blame God for everything, so for them he doesn't exist...

I take responsibility for my own decisions and I except the consequences to them good or bad...I don't blame God for my decisions,I learn from them. If I was wrong or I hurt somebody, I apologize to that person and try my damdest to make it right...I ask for forgiveness from that person and I forgive myself...

Children are brought into this World innocent, they are taught and molded by their parents and unfortunetly; society.  Children aren't born liars, theifs, biggots, raciest-they are taught that as they are growing by the actions of their surroundings...if that is all they are taught, chances are that is what they will be.  Who created their surroundings...God?  No. Here is a take responsibility for yourself moment, while blaming God is an easy out for some, others (like myself) would look at it as a cop out a way to not take responsibility and make things right.

Whether you believe in God, a higher power or are Spiritual but not religious and even if you have no belief at all...if you are a good person here on Earth...and by the way ALL OF YOU DO live by the Ten Commandments...you may have strayed off now and then, look them up...ya do, it is MY belief YOU will be with God after your time here is over.

3. thevoice profile image61
      thevoiceposted 14 years agoin reply to this

no one knows yet knowing of God Jesus the holy spirit you can feel lost loved ones its like insight into life beyond life. God feels lives in all human life Jesus taught this for all people

4. The Rope profile image60
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

I don't know  what goes on after death and I've never really understood why this is such an issue.  I do completely trust God so whatever happens is perfect.  Sounds trite but that's my view.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

another big_smile

What do you think happens to those that don't believe in a God?

5. habee profile image92
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I echo Rope's thoughts on the matter!

6. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

OH !!!! NOT AGAIN !!
    yikes

1. muslima61 profile image70

hahahah... yep and i didnt start this one hehehe

7. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

I think God is sending me to Nebraska, I haven't been very good.

I'm in Iowa - that's Purgatory! sad

hahahaha...... so is Manchester . uk smile

I'll trade you for a week.  I've always wanted to see the UK.  I'll gladly give up my towering snow drifts.

hahaha your on...... !!! hehehe

manchester great dump of the north hehehe

1. Sufidreamer profile image80
              Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is one good thing about Manchester...

...at least it's not Birmingham big_smile

hahahahahaha 2 great dumps of the north heyyyyyyy hehehe
                smile smile smile

2. Sufidreamer profile image80

lol lol

go check my hub about smiling hehehehehe smile) smile)

2. muslima61 profile image70

hahahaha smile) not joking its!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no i'm a lady cant say but you can guess.... now Greece .... ooooooooo im jealous ......... hot summers .... be lucky to get one day here lol

2. The Rope profile image60
      The Ropeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile:  Sorry I can't stop laughing!

Marinealways - my question back is whose God?  (I have very expansive and inclusive views.)

I don't know, I was referring to your use of the word God.

3. profile image0

For not being good you are sent to Australia.

oo is it snowing there as well ??

1. profile image0

I think it is summer in Austalia. I am in the USA, West Virginia to be exact.

ooo okkk im looking for some sunshine, darn horrible british weather summer winter all the same smile)

1. Sufidreamer profile image80

Not much better in Greece, at the moment, but it will be summer in a couple of months smile

I miss my family in the North, sometimes. The weather...not in the slightest big_smile

That must be why there are so many more women in Australia....lol

(7 to 1 ratio isn't it?)

1. profile image0

Could be. Not sure about the ratio.

3. Jewels profile image85

So does that mean God is ok with bad people if he sends them to paradise?

1. profile image0

You have to know the history between Tex and Earnest to know what is meant.

1. Jewels profile image85

OK I'll stay out of that loop. Tks SirDent

lol

2. AdsenseStrategies profile image66
        AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am pretty sure that was the last line of Raising Arizona...
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teJQwslU9D4

3. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

My God, Nebraska????  What on earth have you been doing?

4. justhumorme167 profile image61
        justhumorme167posted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol i've been in hell in Erie. I'm moving to Tucson - that should be heaven or at least one of the many heavens some religions describe, right? smile

I hope so ! big_smile
          Heaven and Hell are within us.
          Try to live in Heaven

Nice avatar! Are you a girl ?

4. cheaptrick profile image74
      cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Well according to Maven, who has converted me to the Frisbeetarian Church,your soul goes up on the roof and gets Stuck.
      And I believe him.
      Praise be to the Great Frisbee on the roof.
      Amen...

5. skyfire profile image75
      skyfireposted 14 years ago

Appeal to authority.

6. theirishobserver. profile image59
      theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

I have a very simple understanding of God/faith what ever, I could read myself to death but I bother not, I intend doing a hub on my personal experiece once I get of these forums (love them), when I was at my lowest ebb in life and all my friends had abandoned me I reached out to someone/something and I was brought back to start life again....it will make more sense when I write about it in a few minutes....

I am not arguing that there couldn't be an absolute energy or power guiding us and the universe, I think it is possible. I think it is only assuming to title the energy God.

7. skyfire profile image75

How is it possible to unite religions ? I mean in islam there is 1 god, same with Christianity, 33  crore gods in hinduism, 1 god FSM, Million Elohims experimenting in Raelions,santa,galactus and religion list goes on..How can someone in their wildest adsense dreams can unite all religions ?  It's like steve jobs promoting SQL server and Microsoft promoting Next Apple OS using Linux operating system.

Good points. To unite all religions would also mean that they would all have to sacrifice some of their control and power over followers to meet at a common ground and belief. Possibly an irrational belief to believe all can be united. Maybe only believed through faith.

Watch me.

Try all you can, start with typos/grammar in writing before you do that. Just friendly suggestion.

Not at all important, dont give it importance.

There you go, this is where it starts to fall. You want to unite the world without giving importance to language with which you want to communicate with the world ? Is this over confidence or ignorance ? In any case you know what it is if you're close to what they call spiritual. Isn't being perfect in action counts or that is just another adjustment ? If so, you did first adjustment and is going to be barrier towards your world-uniting goal.

My work is ranked 2 in spiritual and religious books if you want to castrate me for a typing error, you are being very petty.For such a small mistake years of my life and work go for a toss is being childish.
                Would you ridicule the Bible Quran or Bhagwat Gita for a typing or spelling error, any book for that matter?
                The message is more important.

lol How about back up your claims with documents that show your rankings to go along with your sales. Also post those nasty feedbacks people left you after purchasing what you wrote.

Again being petty many more positive review than negative but yo will look at the few negative reviews only, which book in the world hasnt got negative reviews as well. yours on the self?
                    Juts petty and nothing else.

As of today, how many copies have you sold in comparison to how many copies of the bible has been sold?

2. skyfire profile image75

Petty ? I bet not. You ranked among "spiritual and religious" genre and not among "All-time top Book seller list" right ? You know what i mean. It is business, i can get 10,000 followers in twitter in 2-4 days. Selling religious book is way more easy as delusional people outweighs rational. Try writing something like Harry potter,angles and demons and compete with JK Rowling/dan brown, if you intended to boast on numbers. This boasting of numbers will get you nowhere. Atleast people here will tolerate that as most of us are not book writer.

Since its so easy for you write and get ranked over Bibles Qurans and Bhagwata Gitas so many have till date you can easily do so with your wisdom.Too childish.
                    This is me try to understand there is  one on this planet who can give you a better explanation about life and god.
                    Ranked over Dan Browns  books by this library.Ranked 2 do you understand?

Don't make me laugh by saying you ranked better than dan browns. You know what other than that book store you own and hubpages, people know dan brown more than you.

Lol you're making me laugh. Have you heard about word " cognitive dissonance" ? This is today's lesson for you: read about it and also do search nizkor or google for "Logical fallacies".

I'm absolutely positive that someone that puts so much importance on his rankings has his documentation of it along with his sales. Where is your documentation?

I will give you credit Mohit, you provide stimulus, but not as a prophet, more as a prop.

3. skyfire profile image75

You lack skeptic inside your mind. I only upvote something if i feel that it is worth it. I even ask people who read my writing to  critique if there are mistakes. Those who go into "self bias" don't intend to evolve but to stick with their small world. You know now what is my answer to finding error in scripture. Being skeptical i have literally scrutinized scriptures and made remarks which many times in these religious threads ignored by wanna-be preachers.

4. profile image53
                  (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is there some reason why you feel the need to high-jack every single thread with self-promoting gibberish?

Is there a need for you to try and ridicule me every single time I answer a question?

8. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

death has power over you. for you are no longer ruled by the law, instead you are ruled by Grace -Great Grace.

enjoy the day

1. kess profile image59

if I may...kess

9. skyfire profile image75

Look at this contradiction, in Hinduism preachers say that god is beyond logic and comprehension and on another side they say you need to realize god. See word play ? I guess most of religions do preach something like that( They want to get enlightenment from something that is not comprehensible & beyond logic, some even claim that they realized god, another assumption of theirs is they think prophets are necessary but god can't lower his knees for his creation(busy fellow in recession).

It seems to me like they are pretty much saying to use faith over logic as you stated with word play. I think most religious preachers know that logic puts/keeps faith in balance. If they had balanced believers, the believers likely wouldn't be dependent on the preachers. I think part of the enlightenment concept that a lot of religious have is simply wanting to have more favoritism over others. Most religious that think they are enlightened seem wanting to spread the message that they are closer to God than those not enlightened.

1. profile image52

Faith....

When you walk to the edge of all the light you have
          and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown,
          you must believe that one of two things will happen:

There will be something solid for you to stand upon,
          or, you will be taught how to fly

Patrick Overton - The Leaning Tree

10. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 14 years ago

I do not know for sure where I will go when I die, but I was planning on getting a nice, comfortable, pine box. Of course not everyone goes to the same place, some people end up on their relatives mantle in an urn, others are buried at sea.

11. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Marinealways  said...
        Some would call it an analogy unless the person writing it is a follower of Jesus and has already used parrables multiple times on the forums. Come on. They are pretty much the same anyways.

Maybe they didn't get it because he didn't have the ability to "enlighten" them.

Jerami says...
      Some people can call it anything that they want to.
      This doesn't change what it is. Such a simply stated message that some people can not see truth in it..

When Jesus was doing this "Those" that did not understand  were those that God had said that their eyes would be blinded that they NOT SEE.   
        For had they been able to see prophesy might not have been fulfilled.

I have to go to work in a few minutes; and make a living but will be checking back in later.

lol You are pretty much saying that God knew the people wouldn't listen to Jesus, but sent Jesus to them anyways. This is saying that God used his son Jesus as a science experiment to make a point just to fill a prophesy. Sounds pretty silly to me.

God knew that not everyone would believe Jesus. YES!
          We do not know how many did!  It was not an experiment cause he knows the outcome and that the way that he is doin it will yield the maximum product; so to speak.
             to answer another question that I read while reading through the previous posts;   
             Human  biggest downfall is his arrogance, conceit, and his pride in himself for the things that was given to him or her. These things that we were given to us , we had NO control over so why are we proud?
              If we are pretty, intelligent, strong or mighty, if we have a pretty head of hair (which I do) has nothing to do with our abilities to be this way. So take this  pride in your/ our self and wrap it up in Christmas wrapping paper and all that we will have is a ball of wrapping paper. Where ever we are at we can only count it as a blessing.

It can still be an experiment if someone already knows or has a good idea of the outcome.

Why are we proud? Ask the bible. It teaches that believers are favored and should be proud for believing in God. You aren't proud that God made you a human instead of an ant? If you wasn't proud, you may not believe in a God.

When you say our abilities don't matter in furthering ourselves, I disagree. If a person continually works to improve themselves outside of how they are born and what they are born into, their pride and proudness could have been the main motivation that drove them to be a better person and learn new things.

this is again assumption and biggest faith-protection plan(insurance plan you can say) from believers that god said this and that, is there any way you can validate god said this ? words in bible are from human and not from god.

12. tantrum profile image60

With something called INTELLIGENCE

Some are intelligent without pride. That could be as blinding as pride without intelligence.

Nobody is intelligent without pride.
          Intelligence makes you proud of yourself in a healthy way. Intelligent people have ,and a lot, but they know it's intelligent to conceal it.

I agree with that as well partially. But I do think so people can/are intelligent without ever discovering they are intelligent. Maybe the most intelligent ones are the ones that have balance of pride and intelligence while getting the closest and most honest to who they truly are.

13. profile image0
      Onusonusposted 14 years ago

With my luck, my kids will have me stuffed, and I'll end up in the living room, dressed like Teddy Rosevelt.......
      I'll shut up now.

14. theirishobserver. profile image59

As promised I have just done my new hub on this very topic...

15. tantrum profile image60

whatever ! It's too hot for me to think.
      we have 37 degrees here !

lol It is pretty "hot" here as well. Where are you from again? GM to you btw.

Buenos Aires, Argentina

I have never been there, but I like the name. lol

16. tantrum profile image60

How can an enlightened prophet can be so CHILDISH !!!

Moreover some even go by marrying a child...

17. tantrum profile image60

lol lol lol
      someone in here needs a walking stick for blind people !

Can't believe it's still going on !!!
      what arrogance can make of a man ! Wow !
      lol

18. skyfire profile image75

I never blame something that doesn't exist. I'm not anti-theist. So i guess this applies to only small percentage of people who hate entity that earlier exist for them but not now.

19. skyfire profile image75

I used to think like Nihilist many times, but these type of people gives me hope that there is some more meaning to Life( and that is humor out of delusion that one rational must enjoy) Thanks santa for this fun big_smile

Still ranked over Dan browns books smile Who is delusional?

big_smile
          big_smile
          big_smile

Oh please i'll die laughing man. Is there any smiley for ROFL TSNUNAMI. i want that one,..   neutral

lollol lol

OHHHHHHH please !!!!!!!!

this is too much.those rankings !!!!
            lol

20. tantrum profile image60

STOP this childishness , pleasseee !
      I can't stop laughing !
      lol lol lol lol lol

21. tantrum profile image60

lol

22. tantrum profile image60

And here we go again !! lol

23. skyfire profile image75

Ok let's get back to business, In which Bookstore of internet you rank more ? Which is that most popular bookstore ?

Care to give us graphic of your sales stats and URL of site ?

Have done so many times look it up.If you are nice I will put it up  but like this no way.

Forget whatever happened so far aren't you spiritualist to forget such foul dance from infidels ? Don't act like child you need to have tolerance for criticism, aren't you with god knowledge? So forget sinners like me.

Just put those stats on your hub profile that will do for me and all those hubber who think dan-brown is better than you.

I havent abused anyone of you while debating right now you all have abused me.
            Marine asked questions and I answered them  but since he couldn't relate and neither could you all I got was attitude .
            Marine was rude earlier and he ad sorry and I said no probs, lets continue and intelligent debate.

Abuse ? Asking for proof of claim is abuse ? I just asked for your stats that's it,i have nothing to ask from you about what you are and what you did in that book. Look at your earlier posts, you're boasting your numbers which are not their in first place. So that is why we're repeatedly asking for stats of your sales and ranking in bookstore on internet.

I said I have posted this many times look it up, look at my profile, was asked not to post links by the hub pages moderators so I am not.

I am currently looking at book sales for amazon books in spirituality. What number are you?

When did I say amazon sales?

What site do I look the rankings up on?

Fair enough not here, you can place link on profile which shows stats of sales. Links on your current profile (none are pointing to detailed stats).

lol You answered my questions? You are kidding right?

24. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 14 years ago

He-he, Mo keeps entertaining generations of hubbers lol

lol
        it's entertaining me alright !
        lol

1. Misha profile image64
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It just gets boring eventually, after you ponder awhile lol

lol lol
            Well , after pondering a while I get bored eventually ! lol

Yup and I remember you threatened to get me banned for saying I am enlightened so many time. smile
        Made friends with atheist like your friend Mark , he is a lot most likely to attain salvation than believers such as you. smile
        Far more intelligent and truthful than you.

Still loading and taking your cheap shots.

25. tantrum profile image60

Biography of Mohit Misra

Poet/philosopher author of 'Ponder Awhile'
      Getting enlightened while sailing in the Merchant Navy has compelled me to write and share the God knowledge I have gained.
      Spirituality and Religion-Franklin
      http: //find.franklin.com/nav/ca/Spiritual%20%26%20Religion/gr/ebooks/0
      1.the Holy Bible -King James Version
      2.Ponder Awhile- Mohit.K.Misra
      http: //www.amazon.com/Ponder-Awhile-Mohit-K-Misra/dp/1419646729

He's not above the Bible ! lol

Is ranked 2 something bad?something to laugh about? Ranked over 50 other Bible editons on that library.

http://groups.google.am/group/uk.philos … efc8a7fe25

Is this a page you made up and put yourself at the top ranking? This is what it looks like.

Rubbish I said a library, look properly.

lol The elibrary? lol

I think I found it. You are talking about an e library ranking? Wow

http://e-library.net/Spirituality.htm

Sorry, I posted the wrong link before.

26. tantrum profile image60

lol

27. tantrum profile image60

lol
      this is getting better !!

28. tantrum profile image60

that's not even official.
      I'm just showing you don't even know how you're ranked.
      If you do, show us !

How put the link up ten times but since it fall into the category of advertising I cannot as I dont want to break the hub pages rule smile

29. theirishobserver. profile image59

Compost smile

lol

30. tantrum profile image60

lol

31. marinealways24 profile image60

Amazing. On the previous link I posted. The other link has a completely different list of rankings. Looks like an inside job to me. big_smile

http://www.bestwebbuys.com/Poetry-Inspi … books.html

Very 'enlightening' !!
        lol

Rankings keep changing was ranked higher than what is shown and its not the library I am talking about.

So you mean offline local store ? Fine for me. That way i can be a good artist in my city and beat piccaso by miles within my city but in any case stats are stats.

32. goldenpath profile image67

Hello everyone!  Well it looks like there have been some lively and useless debate as usual on this thread as in others.  I just wanted to drop a note on some productive activity I've been involved with this morning.

This morning I and other leaders took our Young Men youth group and shoveled snow from around and paths to many of our community fire hydrants.  This was a very worthy cause.  Through their effort and faith they may have helped save a life by making way for a fireman to acquire water to put out a fire that may or may not happen.  Because they have done a very noble good deed and have aided in that which was unseen (a possible fire) they have acquired greater faith in their service.  This, I and the participants cannot deny.  These works are written in their books of life and will be a benefit and evidence for them in the realm of spirits when they have passed on.  If continued faithful in works it will help them qualify to come forth in the forward mornings of the Resurrection to dwell upon the Earth with increased responsibility and potential.

They have cleared about 100 fire hydrants.  Coolness!

Why couldn't they clean out around the fire hydrants simply for the feeling of doing a good deed rather than expectation and favoritism of God in heaven?

They did!  That is the reality of all good deeds.  Sincerity of deeds is for the love of fellow man and not for recognition from God or destination.  As their leader I am overviewing what their service has done for them personally.

A good deed is a  good deed simple.

33. tantrum profile image60

Mohit,
      you don't understand English ,I think !
      lol

34. marinealways24 profile image60

http://e-library.net/Ponder-Awhile__visit3792.html

lol And here is the link you where you are ranked above the bibles. On the elibrary.

Is this the money link that your pride is based on?

35. tantrum profile image60

and i'm giving up on this thread !
      lol

1. profile image0

You are not!!!!!!

so true.

2. tantrum profile image60

Well, maybe if you come in here, I'll have to stay a bit longer !lol

1. profile image0

I have been trying to read it all.

Why to get your daily kicks by mocking someone believing in god.

What an idiot he believes in god , a higher intelligence,I dont I am so smart?

No, I don't think thats how it works. I think it works by people to be honest enough to admit when they don't know things or to at least explain what they claim. You like many other religious seem to have a problem explaining your claims.

An explanation is not: Meditation = God is Light.

Without even trying to meditate you have already decided what I am saying is wrong, no hope for such a person.Many connect with what I say you dont doesnt mean my claims are wrong.

lol Hold on enlightened one. Where did I say it was wrong? I said it wasn't an explanation. It seems if you are really a prophet, you should be able to clearly write and explain your ideas without saying, "go meditate". This is not an explanation.

How many times have I said its a very personal experience, direct and not indirect knowledge, given you Buddhas and Jesus example as well haven't I ?

All the prophets and enlightened one have been mocked by some , I am not the first.

What explanation is there for the earth revolving around the sun.
                      That we need the sun to live, that we need the breath to live, that we die?

2. tantrum profile image60

Am I talking to you?
              Sirdent knows perfectly well, what I'm talking about.
              I'm not mocking him.
              you get things wrong all the time ! lol

36. skyfire profile image75

big_smile

and by the way, I'm an enlightened one ranked 1# on Religion forums
        worship me !!
        lol

All hail Goddess tongue

I will try to unite Religions !
            big_smile

lol

Oh yeah  you need prophet goddess ? cool

i can do with a couple ! would you like ?
                tongue

cool

37. theirishobserver. profile image59

Unite that sounds real good smile

38. tantrum profile image60

I'm going for lunch
      Goddesses have to eat too, apart from men
      lol

Please mercy on Pasta god. tongue

39. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years ago

I am going to hunt my hip waders. It is getting deep in here.

And, what do you think the non-believer say, when believers begin talking the bible? lol lol

Just a thought? big_smile

It takes intelligence to understand the wisdom in the Bible , appreciating the words of a prophet requires intelligence, its a deep connection.

When I see one, I'll be sure and remember that. smile lol

Cannot give you that intelligence it comes from within.

Didn't ask if you could, then again, I don't remember, ever asking you anything for that matter.

So, this is what you do. Invade other people's lives for your own pleasure.

Just in case, you hadn't notice. I have not said a word to you. Because, I choose not to talk to you, a mystic who is full of himself, so much so, he thinks he knows all.

I didn't ask you anything. And, I rather you didn't talk to me in the first place, but I'm sure you'll come back some witty remark as usual.

Either way, I don't care. Have a great whatever? smile

Be honest with yourself, I dont know I have never had any experience where god is concerned,try that path.

Man, you don't get it do you? Are you this sad on every day of your life?

You speak of "GOD" as something real. I am honest with myself. I am not pathetic enough or sad enough in my own faith of myself, to have to look to some psychotic entity that needs worship.

Boy are you gullible. Then again, I don't know why I bother with you in the first place. Don't worry, that will stop eventually too. smile

Again the rude language, too egoistical and not honest to admit you dont have any god knowledge.
                      This thread is proof of gods existence f you have any vision, people who are connected to god have joined in .Deborah, goldenpath and Sir Dent have that connection .

2. Loves To Read profile image61

You are so right about the fact that it takes intelligence to read and understand the Holy Bible.
            However the real understanding only comes as it did with the Prophets. when we choose a personal relationship with Christ Himself.
            The more we seek the more he reveals to us.
            Sadly something many will never understand.

The mystery of understanding scripture is where to start our believing. What verses to establish our foundation upon before we believe something elss worthy to be the next truth to add to what we already have.

2. earnestshub profile image71
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It takes indoctrination and gullibility to believe any religious tome, as one needs to overlook all the neurosis and psychotic threatening words from "god"

The bible is a pile! smile

40. ThePhoneDetective profile image38
      ThePhoneDetectiveposted 14 years ago

I know where I won't be going after death! To come back to this forum and posting the real answer!

Daytona

Of all the posts on this thread this one is among the most genuine, sincere and real.

Thanks.

Really? And, that means all the rest are not? smile I am sure all the other people/hubber will appreciate your insight. roll

it must be a Mormon point of view

41. goldenpath profile image67

Look beyond your own noses.  I meant amidst the back and forth tongue lashing it was a genuine statement. 

As far as being a Mormon point of view I stand by my faith regardless of the shackles presented by not only the world but the fatigued within cyberspace.  You would not have said it had I been an Episcopalian, Catholic, Buddhist or even a Wiccan.  This should give you pause into the stereotypes you build your own minds up with.  Mormon or not I have always been polite to you.  Show the same respect and leave specific religions out of it.  If you are truly that curious as to the specifics of my beliefs just ask.  You don't need to splash little cliches with the word "Mormon" attached to it.  The more you attack specific individuals the more you downgrade your own view in the eyes of others.

Thanks again for your exchanges.

If on a thread you say :

'Of all the posts on this thread this one is among the most genuine, sincere and real.'

Where a lot of hubbers have been posting their genuine and sincere points of view, it's  obvious someone is going to say something about it.
        anyway, why do you get angry? you're belittling everybody, and I only made a joke.
        what's wrong with being a Mormon?
        where's the lack of respect ?
        Show it to me!
        I think it's only in your mind.

42. alexandriaruthk profile image64
      alexandriaruthkposted 14 years ago

do you know whats happening to the mind of a dying person, have you been dead yet?

43. Cagsil profile image72
      Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hmmm.....? lol lol

44. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years ago

sure detailed ones to but there ideas not factual

Are they based on ideas or facts?

45. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years ago

ohh and im not religious is that cool?

Very ! cool

46. aware profile image68
      awareposted 14 years ago

after death  we first go for a ride in a ambulance to the morgue. then depending on the mode of disposal to the crematorium or funeral home . then you go to a place to be viewed . and cried over or spit on . you get the idea . after death we go places. difference tho is that we don't do the driving.

1. Loves To Read profile image61

You are right in what you believe happens to the mortal body after death. However God tells us in the Bible that the earthly body returns to where it came from. Ashes to ashes dust to dust but the soul lives on forever. We Christians don't care what happens to the flesh as long as we know our soul lives for eternity in the Heavenly realm with God

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)