Any Christian Gnostic's out there?

Jump to Last Post 1-29 of 29 discussions (126 posts)
  1. cheaptrick profile image74
    cheaptrickposted 14 years ago

Contrary to what some folks think I am not an Atheist.
    I'm a Christian Gnostic.
    Just wondering if there are any others on HP?

1. kess profile image61
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What, who is considered a christian gnostic?

2. retellect profile image72
      retellectposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What's a Christian Gnostic? lol

3. TheLoanConsultant profile image59
      TheLoanConsultantposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol! For a minute there I thought you said Christian Agnostic : ) That's like saying I'm a Darwinian Christian! hahah. Yes the idea of a Christian Gostic is an interesting concept. Gnostic taken from the Greek word "Gnosis" meaning to know. For anyone who has Jesus certainly is in the "know". In my humble opinion it is more pofitable to begin with the basic fundamental teachings of The New Testament and first get a firm foundation on the fundamental truths of our faith. Then perhaps someone could dabble around in the Gnostic Gospels to look for some nuggets of truth that may not be immediately found in the Synoptic Gospels. But rest assured whatever deep truths may indeed lie in The Gnostic Gospels, God can still reveal these same truths to any Christian who is in a receptive state to the deep things of God. The danger lies in the fact that you could have some individuals who are highly advanced intellectually who presume they do not have to learn the basic fundamental truths of the Christian Faith and they jump straight into the meat and as a result they are unable to digest it properly and they end up all in left field somewhere with some strange doctrine.

1. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So - any christians that think that Darwinian evolution happened are not real christians?

lol

1. profile image0
          JeanMeriamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

uhoh

4. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am Gnostic and believe in Christ (not of the Christian religion)
      Happy to meet you.

cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So glad to meet you too.The persecution of Gnostic's by the Church continues to this day.I use the term Christian Gnostic only as it pertains to the teachings of Christ Which we understand in a Completely different light.I don't argue with Pro To orthodox Christians.No reason for it.

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

hi Deborah cheaptrick, nice to see you again.
        seems a few of us are like minded.
        i am grateful to be able to share and learn.

1. profile image0

Hello

2. Pearldiver profile image68
    Pearldiverposted 14 years ago

There is No One Else here like you mate lol
    Thank Gnos smile

You consider me a fool.Rather a fool than a self proclaimed Wise man.
      Can you say Narcissism?cause you are .

1. Pearldiver profile image68
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do I Really? hmm
        Are you a fOOl cheapshot? hmm
        Are you implying that I'm a Wise Man cheapshot? hmm
        Wow.... That inferiority complex is getting better smile

I'm amazed at how badly you take compliments lol

I know you well enough to know that was no compliment.You
          v called me a fool several times in the forums.you have never missed an opportunity to insult me and I really don't understand why.At this point I don't care either.I don't even address your comments but for some reason you persist.perhaps we should let HP staff settle this...

3. aware profile image69
    awareposted 14 years ago

a what? never heard of those

4. cheaptrick profile image74

Gnostic's were persecuted by the orthodox church just after Christ died.They were considered dangerous because they existed within the church.Gnosis is Greek for Knowledge.The Gnostic's asked to many questions which was considered Heretical by the Clergy.

1. profile image0

they also believed in fullness beyond law. Yes. Hence for 'speaking out' such things as spirit, eternal life here and now, etc., were in fact persecuted. They also believed that organized theology limited the people.

Brenda, the term Gnostic implies no need to 'bring souls to Christ' but rather each knowing in his heart that which is All. The ability to transcent the assumed natural realm as conscious of sin and become righteous conscious apart from ritual practices.

if i am correct in my understanding...

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Kinda like a cross between being a Calvinist and a Shaman?

1. profile image0

not in the root.
          again, we see Y`shua/Christ(in the Greek) as that anointing which leads into all Truth. We see no need for condensed, hyper-text, ritual systems to achieve unity with our Creator, as many religions -and sects of Christianity- assume.
          We understand that His Spirit is in us all and believe beyond conviction that we will be transformed -i think Paul said 'in the blink of an eye' when we reach that point of going beyond conscious thinking of right/wrong: sin/death -like Enoch, like Elijah. But more so like Y`shua resurrected.

1. TheLoanConsultant profile image59

As an "Orthodox" Christian I believe everything you just stated, in fact I endorse it. Our beliefs are not so different, perhaps you had an encounter with some of my more close minded brethren. I was taught that when the term Christ is used in the bible to always substitute it for "The Anointed & His Anointing".

2. profile image0

Absolutely nothing like a Calvinist..Lack of understanding again.

2. cheaptrick profile image74

You are Absolutely Correct.Beautifully put.Thank you for making up for my lack of Eloquents.

3. C.V.Rajan profile image60
        C.V.Rajanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That makes sense now. I believe it is like the advaita Philosophy in Hinduism.

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately, many mystics have been persecuted as a threat to mainstream religion.

I have read a little gnosticism, especially where it overlaps with Ancient Greek philosophy. Very interesting, especially the 'forbidden' gospels smile

Sufidreamer! Cagsil! Grettings!!!

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
          Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Eric - Long time, no see! smile

How is life treating you?

Hey! All is well, just having a little fun with Mark Know-less! smile How's life treating you over there in the Greek Mountains?

5. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Interesting point of view you give yourself and your belief. wink

Hello Cagsil,the Gnostic's were the second larges group among thirty or so that existed at the time of Christs death.the dominant Church of today is the Pro-to orthodox church,they did all they could to erase all other groups and would have succeeded had it not been for the discovery of the Dead Sea scrolls.There are Gnostic "Flags" throughout the Pro-to orthodox bible.Fascinating to look into if your interested.

1. kess profile image61

So tell me cheaptrick, how did you become a gnostic?

Not that I am interested in being one and I don't care too much about labels.

But who knowes enough to see the lies in christianity, must have something worth hearing.

When I was a child I had an emptiness I could not fill.My first question to my father was"Why are people mean to each other".He saw something in me that I did not.He guided my search,leading me to Trees of understanding then standing back to let me pick the fruit.I found my Gnostic beliefs after many many years of searching in religion,philosophy,science,and math.I did not come lightly to this conclusion.Gnostic teachings filled the Hole in my Soul.We do not evangelize.We do seek each other out though hence this thread.

6. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Any Christian will evangelize, attempting to bring souls to Christ.
    So I'd say there's no such thing as a Christian Gnostic.

With respect,Please give the credentials that put you in a position to make this statement.

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Credentials?

Sorry, there are no carrying cards for the Christian.
        We simply know we're Blood-bought born-again Christians who're commissioned by the One true God to spread His message of Love and Salvation (and Judgement)to the lost.

...Any "religion" that puts another belief above or in place of Christ Himself.....is a false one.

1. profile image0

thus why Gnostic were persecuted, for they said -and i agree- all religion is false. Even the Romans adopted the teachings of Moses & Christ, the Greeks, the Turks, the Pagans as well. Some call it Hindi, Buddhism, Methodist, Christian, Orthodox, etc.

2. profile image0

By your words, you're not spreading love. Have you actually studied the bible you believe in? Have you ever questioned your doctrine?

If you can say there is no such thing as a Christian Gnostic..you don't mind if I say there is no such thing as a Christian religion..do you? This is a weird thing to say to someone don't you think?

1. profile image0

This is one of the root issues with believers.
            Recently, I had a conversation with a very 'devote' BAC. They swore by Him that certain things were in there, when they were not. When I asked him to show me, he rattled off a hundred chapter/verse bits.
            I asked him again to show me. After the four time I just bluntly told him he was being lied to.
            Needless to say he was p!ssed at me. Took him about a month before he wrote me and said, he never realized what he had been taught all his life was a half-truth.
            Imagine 200 million similar people. This is the reality of titles/religions and teachers of the Word.

3. profile image0

No one says we do, however we work to raise our consciousness.

2. profile image0

I'd say you lack understanding then. By what you said, you are actually going against the interpretation of the Bible you believe.

This is from the interpretation of YOUR bible.

1 Corinth. 12:28-29..And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

1 Corinth. 7:17..But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches.

7. cheaptrick profile image74

I was hoping to have some fellowship with other Gnostic's here but this has turned contentious so I will say good night.

1. kess profile image61

I see that we do have a lot in common, but I detest labels nevertheless, for by  assuming such will  usually put oneself into a bind.

There is only one way and that is the way of the Christ, the way of the Spirit, the way of the Truth.

If you follow that way then expect those who belong to darkness to resist you. For their darkness is their ignorance and it is plain to see except by themselves only.

If you believe you have that Spirit, then speak because to those who knows truth do not necessarily need explanations but merely a word.

The Spirit is able to fill all deficiency.

1. earnestshub profile image79
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Megalomania... my way or the highway... taking a chance on making one mistake out of thousands of interpretations from a dodgy source to be right. You and only those who believe as you do even get to survive. Megalomania. smile

1. aguasilver profile image71
          aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

....as opposed to there is nothing to worship and over 50% of the planet are wrong in what they believe, sort of like THAT must be THE correct version of reality, is that what you mean Earnest? smilesad

(Good to see you BTW, I've been busy writing hubs!)smile smile

LOL The Mcdonalds argument. Love it. wink

So - infinite number of possible gods and no one can decide on the true word. Looks to me like the Muslims have it more right than you guys, so a bit of a gamble for you I would say. Prolly going to burn for eternity now huh? Too bad.

I had a muslim congratulate me the other day for getting it half right - unlike the khristians who have it completely wrong.

Should I believe him because there are millions of them?

What a pathetic argument aguasilver. "Quite a lot of us believe this and we behave like this." *Mark looks and sees some pretty atrocious behavior.* Hmm - yup - no god here. wink

1. aguasilver profile image71
              aguasilverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Mark, must say I'm not really bothered, I've discovered writings more fun and productive!

So my brief visits here in the forums are to pick up points and followers rather than take any active participation, and I choose to reply to you and Earnest because you have many followers who dote on your wisdom and wit! big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Besides we are two sides of the same coin, both impossible to change opinion and both 100% sure we are correct.

Flip the coin and see if you like the result! smile

Time will decide who was right, and I'm content with that. cool

BTW is that your real photo?

Yes it is my real photo.

Not worth responding to the rest. You already have all your easy answers. lol

2. kess profile image61

I see you chasing after the wind and dancing to a song unsung...

Anyway are free to see things your way Earnest...

The way of Truth is that He justifies those who seek after Him,  if your truth therefore justifies you,
          then by all means live it.

Why don't you allow others the same.

You are the one telling others how it really is! smile Darkness indeed! It is you who are in the dark!

1. kess profile image61

I speak in public but obviously not to all.

You speak in insults to peoples intelligence and put downs are in your every religious sentence and you do not see it because you have lost yourself to religion! That is the truth of the matter.

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

Dear me - I have just watched you spouting that there is only one way and anyone who does not agree "belongs to darkness."

Which is speaking to all and once again reminds me why I do not believe in a god. people who do will lie in an effort to persuade people to believe or be punished.

I do not take kindly to being told that I belong to darkness, and I am "deficient," and will be punished when the time comes.

Thank you for reminding me why I will never follow your religion. Too many people prepared to lie and threaten for it.

1. kess profile image61

Is it my fault that a man will take what he thinks belong to him?

If it is indeed yours, then my dear sir,  do not let me prevent you.

Light will takes what belongs to it and darkness does the same.

Without exception.

2. profile image0

Actually this does not label. To be a mystic is to connect back with God.
        I believe in Christ's teachings but I am absolutely not a Christian, I am Gnostic but don't go by everything they say. Kabbalah is a way of life and the Tree of Life is a tool to raise consciousness. I believe what I receive.

8. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

oops, my bad.
    sorry.

9. Pandoras Box profile image60
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

I'd have to think so. We're equal opportunity lunatics. Whatever yer selling, I ain't buying. Unless you got like.. um.. girl scout cookies. I'll take three.

1. profile image0

Who's trying to sell you anything? I don't care if you buy it or not..who cares?

Stop calling us lunatics. That's a personal attack.. not allowed here.

10. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

without ever seeing it or apologising for it either.

11. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

For anyone interested in having personal discussions without those who want to argue about it, I have my own forum. I approve who does and does not post on that forum.
    Email me if you are a Gnostic and use Kabbalah and other tools etc.
    for the link.

1. profile image54
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Now, there's a place to avoid like the plague. In other words, agree with you and you'll let others post there. Hilarious.

1. profile image0

No, anyone who is not condescending could post there. No one has to agree. There is something called courtesy..have you ever heard of it?
        You are talking about me but obviously thinking about yourself.

12. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

I know little about the Gnostics and have been meaning to read the Gnostic Gospels by Pagels -- is it?  Would be interested in a hub that goes over the broad points.

1. profile image0

Pagels? Never heard of it. It's too vast for a hub. I have hubs on the Kabbalah however this is a great site for gnostic teachings http://gnosticteachings.org/

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
        Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Deborah!

13. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 14 years ago

From GnosticTeachings.org

"Gnosis is practical knowledge.

The experience of Gnosis does not rely on "Masters" or schools, but only on ones own effort to awaken. Learn the practical techniques to have your own experiences of the truth."

1. marinealways24 profile image58
      marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

And what is the truth you found?

1. profile image0

I didn't find it I received it. I really don't care to reply to you. Besides it is my feeling that it is too vast for you.

lol Yes, i'm sure I won't find any sense in your vast elite belief. Only you are wise enough to find truth.

Let me guess, you were looking, the truth found you, you received it and gained enlightenment. You sound like Mohit, the wannabe prophet. big_smile

2. profile image0

Deborah Sexton
        From GnosticTeachings.org

"Gnosis is practical knowledge.

The experience of Gnosis does not rely on "Masters" or schools, but only on ones own effort to awaken. Learn the practical techniques to have your own experiences of the truth."

OK read the above S-L-O-W-L-Y

It says "from (the website) gnosticteachings" then I quote them.

14. marinealways24 profile image58
    marinealways24posted 14 years ago

Sucks when you are wrong, doesn't it?

1. profile image0

No nothing about my life sucks. What sucks for you is you can't use words like "Sucks" to intimidate me. See, I know who I am. big_smile

And oh yes, truth found me and I found truth. big_smile

Of course you know who you are, you have been "enlightened" big_smile. The funny thing is, you used an illusion to find the illusion of who you are, so maybe it is only and enlightened illusion. Meditate on that. big_smile

1. profile image0

When it comes to me, don't worry about it. Who I am has nothing to do with you. Thanks.

lol, Are you putting up the flag? I think I have a pretty good idea, if I didn't you would have more objections as you usually do. Maybe you are not enlightened afterall.

1. profile image0

Flag? You have the wrong person. I'm allowed to object as are you. However we do it differently. I put people in their place you put people down . See the difference?

You refer to calling someone out to putting them down? I call it asking them to be honest with themselves and others. You should know the difference as you believe you are "enlightened". Are you sure the light is on?

15. cheaptrick profile image74

I'd like to apologise for posting this thread.It has shown the intolerant side of some I considered friends.Gnosticism is not a religion.Jesus is central because he revealed certain truths about the components of the soul(Greek translation is Psyche)and how they work together to produce understanding of human nature.A far removed off shoot is the Psychology practiced today.I would like to offer one quote only from the Gospel of Mary Magdalene"Lord,I had a vision,where did it come from,my spirit or my soul?You have your spirit and you have your soul,between the two is your mind,there lies the treasure"

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why are you apologising, it's a normal question, you have no control about how people respond.  Don't worry about it.

2. kess profile image61

Cheaptrick this is the way the cookie crumbles in here.

It is always good to post and I wish you would continue.

Speak truth and leave the rest be.
      There are those who appreciates it despite what.

16. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Lol! For a minute there I thought you said Christian Agnostic : ) That's like saying I'm a Darwinian Christian! hahah. Yes the idea of a Christian Gostic is an interesting concept. Gnostic taken from the Greek word "Gnosis" meaning to know. For anyone who has Jesus certainly is in the "know". In my humble opinion it is more pofitable to begin with the basic fundamental teachings of The New Testament and first get a firm foundation on the fundamental truths of our faith. Then perhaps someone could dabble around in the Gnostic Gospels to look for some nuggets of truth that may not be immediately found in the Synoptic Gospels. But rest assured whatever deep truths may indeed lie in The Gnostic Gospels, God can still reveal these same truths to any Christian who is in a receptive state to the deep things of God. The danger lies in the fact that you could have some individuals who are highly advanced intellectually who presume they do not have to learn the basic fundamental truths of the Christian Faith and they jump straight into the meat and as a result they are unable to digest it properly and they end up all in left field somewhere with some strange doctrine.

I almost agree with this statement..
    I feel that every Christian should first read and understand the Prophets
       Many of these prophesy foretell the arrival of Jesus as the Messiah. Without understanding of these, they end up all in left field somewhere with some strange doctrine.
       Most people here on HP have heard me say many times that Daniel is the most misunderstood book in the bible.
    These prophetic messages that are given in these chapters;   1,2 and 7 Thur 12  clearly state that Gods messenger angel,"Gabriel" has giver the interpretation of these visions.

Religion does not LIKE what these messages actually say, so they have been interpred these prophesy to be saying something that they clearly do not say.
       Wrong understanding of these messages HAVE caused religion to end up NOT in left field somewhere  but  in a diffrent ball park

This is my heart felt opinion.

The prophets has some very poignant concepts especially EZEKIEL chapter 37. Our Gnostic friends would enjoy that one if they haven't read it already.

17. Anthony P. Noir profile image58
    Anthony P. Noirposted 14 years ago

Deborah, the strength of your belief shows and I admire that. You have no fear because of that confidence.

People who attack you are fearful. They aren't confident in what they say. They must attack you because you're a threat to them. They're afraid people will listen to you instead of them. They try to intimidate you with insults and demeaning  comments so you'll be silent.

I'm glad to see you're much stronger and wiser than they are.

1. profile image0

Thank you for seeing it the way it is. It's not my place in life to allow someone to even try to intimidate me.
      You'll be attacked after this because of you saying the truth without fear.

1. Anthony P. Noir profile image58
        Anthony P. Noirposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I expect to be attacked. But I'm not afraid of those who resort to tactics of intimidation and scorn.

2. earnestshub profile image79

Says a 15 hour hubber with a he-man avatar!  smile
      Get to know people before you call them fearful, or anything else for that matter! Your fundamentalism is showing! lol

18. earnestshub profile image79

No profile or location either I see. Very credible! lol

19. Cagsil profile image71

You looking for an argument Earnest? smile lol tongue

Moi? lol

1. Cagsil profile image71
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah you? roll lol lol lol

20. susanne71 profile image84
    susanne71posted 14 years ago

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
    I've read a book called "The Gnostic Scrolls" and it was a translation of the scrolls that were found that are argued to be written by Judas Iscariot, Mary Magdalene and even Christ himself.  I believe that they were found in the 1930's?  Forgive me, I'm too lazy to Google to reassure I'm not talking out my butt!  Lol! 
    My understanding that the Gnostic beliefs are the source of what the plot lines of movies like The Davinci Code were sculpted from.  They quoted these scrolls when they discussed the "Holy Grail" and the theory behind it being Mary.  Isn't it what is in these Gnostic scrolls that Dan Brown, through all his theological study, formed his opinion/story around?
    Am I way off base or are these connected?

21. susanne71 profile image84
    susanne71posted 14 years ago

Of course I'm talking about from a "Christian" perspective, how Jesus sort of fits into it.  Gnostic was around before Christ, correct or not?  I hate to admit it, but can, and have to say that I'm only half versed on this but 100% interested.

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Christ was before all things. Gnostic could not have been before Him.

1. C.V.Rajan profile image60

I wonder who can ever authoritatively say that birds were not before the eggs?

22. Cagsil profile image71

Jesus doesn't fit into religion. That's how. smile

23. C.V.Rajan profile image60
    C.V.Rajanposted 14 years ago

I was all along thinking that the "conventional christians" in this forum are the ones who get charged up easily and flare up to any counter-points. It seems Gnostics too fit into this category! Why should people be so finely sensitive to feel hurt even for simple comments contradictory to their beliefs?

This "I'm okay you are not okay" attitude, to me is rather too pronounced in religious forums, non-believers included!

Yes especially the non believers!
      I have a problem with being told my family and I will rot in hell for example, and get all uppity about it. smile My bad! smile

Meet you there!

2. Mark Knowles profile image57

I do not believe there are any Gnostics. The very nature of Gnosticism calls for internal discussion rather than aggressive external debate and preaching the Word - so - those here claiming to be so are as false as the false Christians. Either way - the conventional Christians have always been terrified of the Gnosticism and have murdered them in the past. This "them and us" approach stems from a monotheistic belief I feel which is not present in Gnosticism as I understand it.

Odd that this conversation has come up because I was approached recently by some one claiming to be a Cathar.

Now - I knew nothing about the Cathar religion until recently, but they share some traits with the Gnostics. I have been asked to write a little something about them and will be doing so over the next few months. Most people think they were wiped out completely by the Catholics, but it seems they just went underground and have decided the time is right to re-emerge.

Interesting times.

24. earnestshub profile image79

Do they have any goats? smile

LOL

No - but they do not eat meat and therefore are not destined to burn for eternity for eating the Sacred Goat.

Thank Goat for that! smile

lol

25. cheaptrick profile image74

This is my last comment here.Each of us is or should be trying to make sense of this world and why it's the way it is,how we fit into it and how best to navigate through life.Many comments have been made about Gnostic's,there are many forms of Gnosticism,some have nothing to do with the man jesus or th AEON Christ.In my introductory post I said Christian Gnostic.Thus far none have responded and some ludacris comments have been made.It saddens me to read such condemnation when no one has enough of an understanding of Christian Gnosticism to do so.I have hidden my beliefs until now because this has happened before.I only posted this thread because we are few and I have been weakening so wanted fellowship with other Christian Gnostic's.There are no organized groups of Christian Gnostic's that I am aware of.Perhaps the Pro To Orthodox Christians did a much better job of destroying us than I thought.I have not attacked anyone on this thread and as far as I have read I am the only one here from my brethren.Rest assured I will not seek on HP again.

My detractors may begin there attacks and ridicule now.

26. peptalk profile image62
    peptalkposted 14 years ago

Just to throw in my two cents.... I am also Gnostic; mainly because I really can't see any way not to be unless I someday decide to close my eyes, plug my ears and scream lalalalalala at the top of my lungs!

If you read I John, then you really don't need any lost scrolls and you really only have to read a couple of verses to "get it".

I John 4:7-8
    Beloved, let us love one another. For love is of God, and everyone that loves is born of God, and knows God.  He that doesn't love doesn't know God, for God is love.

Yeap. The Gospels themselves present enough food for thought for us to arrrive thus. Agreed.

27. earnestshub profile image79

Wow! What an entry! Mis-using a hubbers name to make what point exactly?

Earnest! How are you this fine evening? Are you talking to me?

Yes I was. I am fine, and it is early evening Thursday which is why I am always ahead of you! lol

I was beginning to worry about you, I thought you lost your zest for argument! smile

Hell no! I'm all Australian! lol

So where shall we begin? Oh yeah, Mark Know-less. Well what can I say, it seems everytime I debate with him he knows less and less. Hence the phrase Know-less! : ) Where is he by the way I'm starting to worry about him too.

Mark is around. He does not come to these forums so much at this time, he has other interests online. Very good ethical interests I might add. smile
                I think you should recognise that Mark is no fool. smile

Mark ethical?! Get outta here. Just kidding. I'm sure he's an ok guy. We can all disagree and still be good people. Right? I do enjoy debating with him though. What a funny way to meet someone, arguing! smile smile

It is odd. smile I have spent time today mentoring my older children and being told exactly what to do and when by one of the four year old twin girls. She is much smarter than me, so I just do as she tells me these days. I am learning! smile

28. earnestshub profile image79

I hope you have love a-plenty in your life too.
    You seem far too sane to be a religionist! ..... Just kiddin. lol

Lol! HAHA! Yeah you got me on that one. I just really love spiritual concepts. I can explain why I do, I just do. I wanted to adopt but my wife doesn't like the idea. I bet your holidays are really fun! I never had a family oriented environment like that. You're in your own little paradise over there! I'm jealous. smile

Don't let 'im fool you Earnest. Once you let your guard down he will be in there with some scripture before you even know it. wink

Mark! Rom 10:9-John 3:16-Isaiah 9:6-Mark 16:14-16- Like 4:18- Acts 10:38

2. TheLoanConsultant profile image59

Were you out on the patio having a few cigars? I gotta go though, it's getting late over here. Mark I will deal with you tomorrow! Good night Earnest.

No mate. I quit smoking 5 months ago and it has been hell....... sad

Mark you ars still off the fags? More power to you mate, and well done. Hang tough, if any one can do it.... smile

2. earnestshub profile image79

Goodnight, sleep well. smile

29. earnestshub profile image79

lol lol
    Didn't have a long wait though. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)