Israel/Iran 2

Jump to Last Post 1-18 of 18 discussions (51 posts)
  1. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Israel, Jewish
    Iran, Muslim
    Both believe in the same "god" thing: the "god" thing of Abraham and Moses.
    Which of the 2 nations do you think this "god"thing/"allah thing" will show preference to?
    Pls post your reasons.

1. qwark profile image60
      qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hahahaha...:-)

1. profile image0
        A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

1. profile image0
          lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

roll

1. profile image54
            (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll match your roll and raise you a big_smile

2. de'Arab profile image54
      de'Arabposted 14 years agoin reply to this

neither, they are both corrupted places.

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One thing that people do not think about is that
        "Gods chosen people"    "WAS" that Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 135- 138 AD. 
          So the Nation of Israel today is not that same Hebrew Nation that once had God's favor.

Mohamed might have been a true prophet "But" his following split into two totally diffrent sects upon his death.
          And I am not sure how many diffrent sects there are today.
          I believe that there is a true faith, and I think that Islam and Christianity both has a place in it.
           But which sect is it?  This dilemma was created by the Anti Christ.  If ya caint destroy the truth...  bury it in 1000's of interpretations, resulting in 1000's of denominations and sects.
          Right or wrong We have to find our own answers with a personal relationship with whatever God we decide to follow.
          And if we have a pure unselfish heart we will choose the right one.

Now that is free will .. for sure. 

Again.. every diffrent belief system that claims to be teaching the "TRUE" faith as spoken from God can not (can not) be correct. 
            This does not mean that there is not a God.
            This means that people are messed up.

I probably didn't say exactly what I was thinkin. But kinda like that.

2. profile image0
        Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Really? Whatever you say.

2. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Go spam another site

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Hey Qwark,

Wrong forum category for your topic. hmm

4. tobey100 profile image62
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Guess I'll have to come down on the side of Israel and the Abraham and Moses thing.  Can't go along with an Allah that proclaims kill all those that do believe the way you do.  I think Allah left the Muslems a little wacked out.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The bible is the same, plenty of scripture that says similar. smile

If a man still prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall say to him, "You shall not live, because you have spoken a lie in the name of the Lord."  When he prophesies, his parents, father and mother, shall thrust him through.  (Zechariah 13:3 NAB)

Nice!

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This sums up your entire bible. It's about all you ever quote. hmm

You don't read many of the posts do you? I have used this text from your bible about 3 times, out of hundreds of posts! lol

1. aka-dj profile image66

No I don't. I have precious little time to do that.
            Sadly though, this one verse keeps popping up time and again from you.
            BTW, it's not from MY Bible. I keep it under lock and key, so yopu couldn't have gotten to it. lol lol lol

2. Hokey profile image61
        Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm with him!  hmm

2. profile image0

Good for you.

How's your nose? Wife? Kids?

3. Ralph Deeds profile image65
      Ralph Deedsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lately the kill ratio between Israel and Palestine has been around 500:1, Palestinians to Israelis.

5. sweet kitten profile image58
    sweet kittenposted 14 years ago

smile! smile

6. qwark profile image60
    qwarkposted 14 years ago

Their problems all boil down, simply, to the fact that both are willing to jeopardize mankind over what?.....a belief in a mythical god thing.
    I have to presume that they are, both, exibiting serious and debilitating mental disorder.
    Their"insanity" may perpetrate the next world war. That war will not be fought with "conventional" weapons!
    Their abject ignorance and lack of "understanding," may take "man" to the brink of extinction.

1. profile image0
      A Texanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hate speech! Ron, can we get a ruling?

1. Ron Montgomery profile image61
        Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OK so far.  Though Tobey should realize that both religions revere Abraham.

2. aka-dj profile image66

Except for the "mythical god thing", you absolutely NAILED the rest!
      I am proud of you big_smile

3. profile image0

mythical human thing.

4. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yep, it is obvious:  The "Muslims" need to drink alcohol and eat swine, as their current restrictions deprive them of happiness...and from many other things - as well as their random, adamant aspects of asininity!   I agree, they have some serious mental issues!  Praise be!  Ha-ha!

7. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

Both were promised to become great nations and that promise has been kept.

one son Ishma`el born of Hagar, a servant.
    one son Isaac born of Sarah, a wife.

*ps, the sons of Ishma`el settled near Egypt, married Egyptian women and became known as Arabs. The ambiguity (which is actually Isaac translated) is between Arab & Hebrew, not Hebrew and Persian (present day Iraq/Iran).

1. onthewriteside profile image61
      onthewritesideposted 14 years agoin reply to this

the "gods" of ancient mesopotamia were all from the same "stock".  the word Hebrew stems from the word "Ibri" which itself is a transliteration from the word N'ibri, or N'ipri...meaning someone from the city of N'pr or Nippur.  This was a city of great renown religiously in the middle of the third millenium BCE.  The patron "God" of this city-state was called Nannar, or by the Babylonians, SIN.  Abram's father was a priest of Nippur and a priest of the God SIN.  The Anunnaki gods had many traditions that carried on into the peoples of ancient mesopotamia.  The one most known in this case was the tradition of succession, where it was not the first born son that was the heir apparent, but rather the first born son of a half-sister...which isaac was and ishmael wasn't.  Read Genesis 20:12.  The fact that Ishmael defied this tradition is reminiscent of the denial by Marduk that he was not the heir apparent as first born son to Enki, even though he was not born of Enki's half-sister, Ninmah.

Always educational, thank you. smile

2. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to Babylonian Talmud, Ishmael was the rightful heir.
        It is disputed because Isaac was born after Ishmael, but from direct Sarah. After Sarah died, Abram married Keturah, from which many Arab tribes stem.

Again, why would the Hebrews have issues with the Persians?
        Their issue is with the Arab nations, the sons of Ishmael who lived opposite Egypt.

And even more, both the tribes of Ishmael and tribes of Israel remain today.
        What is referred to as the occupied territory or 'palestine'.
        These are those tribes.

Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, the southern Caucuses, Pakistan, India have very little to do with it. Perhaps global pressure in these nations is causing problems and a small handful of leaders. But in all reality, Israel has no issue with them, they are in a land and birthright dispute.

2. profile image0

You're right. Definitely not Persian

8. mikelong profile image61
    mikelongposted 14 years ago

I find it interesting how a nation with such a low GDP (Israel) is able to afford the latest, cutting edge military technology...like the drone aircraft they recently acquired that could fly to Iran...carrying "diverse payloads"..(the words from the article I read on this topic)..

Oh yeah....it is the American taxpayers who are subsidizing those costs.....

How could a nation so minescule in terms of economic power and resource wealth gain nuclear weapons?

oh yeah........outside interference again....

When will the West take responsibility for the mess it has "steroided" into today's crisis? 

For being a "brave" people, Americans largely lack the courage to look in the mirror honestly......

1. Sab Oh profile image57
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

'Americans' aren't brave enough to agree with you? Is that it?

Courage...

9. mikelong profile image61

No one has to agree with me....I didn't come up with the problem...

The facts speak for themselves.....

No one has to agree with you... they are just wrong if they don't - is that it?

10. profile image0

the 'bible' has absolutely "jack sprat" to do with this issue.

11. mikelong profile image61

Why don't you answer to what I said Sad, aside from simply perpetuating aimless argumentation.....you're living up to my hub on that topic...

How about a real response that requires 1) you sharing your actual views, and 2) demonstrating your knowledge on the subject as opposed to being contrarian to me as a person...

My comments addressed exactly what I intended them to.

While we're at it, I notice that when it is someone else they have "views" but when it's you it is 'the truth.' That's interesting.

12. mikelong profile image61

Then answer the questions I asked...

How can a relatively poor nation like Israel afford the technologies they do now, from nuclear weapons to advanced military hardware?

Why did the British honor their agreement with the proto-Israelis and not with the Arabs....they made promises to both...

Real answers Sad......

Israel is not a poor nation. They have the 4th largest GDP in the region, produce high-end electronics specializing in aviation, communications, defense, digital, electronics, electro-optics, imaging, medical, etc. and boast a thriving tourist industry.

And yes, they recieve aid from allies who value them and what they stand for (and where they are standing for it).

Israel is culturally and politically allied with the West and always has been (despite some rocky incidents here and there). Israel has never declared British life, culture, and faith as an evil that must be destroyed and the government of Israel has never bused in thousands of people to burn British flags and call them 'Satan.' Stuff like that strains relations.

13. mikelong profile image61

Turkey, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia......all have more income than Israel....Mexico is doing better economically speaking than Israel...

Greece has more of an economy than Israel....

But Israel is the one with the hookups......30 billion dollars in American "foreign aid"...this is the answer I was looking for, and what you avoided to mention...

Yes, you are right.......Israel is a colony of the West...which is why they receive and others don't......thank you for answering my question...

Now the issue is, why do they receive, and not others.......

Begin with my Sykes-Picot article and then we'll move forward...

Britain built Israel, to the detriment of the Palestinians (whether they are Jewish, Christian, or Muslim)....so, I would not expect Israelis to bite the hands that feed and protect them...

Again...why did the Israelis get special treatment, while the Arab delegations received worse than the cold shoulder?

Riddle me this...

"Turkey, Iran, the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia......all have more income than Israel"

Turkey and Iran are technically in another region, and Israel's GDP is greater than that of Saudi Arabia who, like Iran, is economically dependent on one resource (and that doesn't tend to work out too well in the long run, historically).

Israel is NOT a poor nation.

2. Sab Oh profile image57

"Yes, you are right.......Israel is a colony of the West..."

I didn't say that, so don't attibute it to me. Didn't your professors teach you better than that?

3. Sab Oh profile image57

"why did the Israelis get special treatment, while the Arab delegations received worse than the cold shoulder?"

Israel is culturally and politically allied with the West and always has been (despite some rocky incidents here and there). Israel has never declared British life, culture, and faith as an evil that must be destroyed and the government of Israel has never bused in thousands of people to burn British flags and call them 'Satan.' Stuff like that strains relations.

4. Sab Oh profile image57

"Britain built Israel, to the detriment of the Palestinians"

Neighboring muslim countries (and some not-so-neighboring) have done no favors to the Paletinians either. They have done themselves no favors either. The average family there just trying to live and get by has gotten the short end of the stick for too long for too many reasons.

14. mikelong profile image61

There were no neighboring Muslim countries then Sad....

Why don't we discuss Lebanon and Jordan? Egypt? Iraq? Iran?

What is the European connection to these?  What imbalances were erected, and what biases have clouded the current public perception of this entire issue?

The Allied Condominium....that is Israel today....and I think it still follows the same purpose as the Sykes-Picot agreement implied.

15. profile image0

interesting notes on both sides.

Even still, the Arab & Hebrew Nations collectively have more global control than any other from natural resources to precious metals to religion.

That said, regarding preemptive strikes. What would either the Israeli's or Arabs gain by doing so? What do they need?
    Oil? nope. Economic Control? nope. Social Territory? nope. Weapons? nope. hmmm. So either group has no reason to strike Persia (Iran/Iraq).

The West & the Brits are most certainly pushing in that direction.

16. calpol25 profile image59
    calpol25posted 14 years ago

Hi qwark

Look in my view its like this each to their own, but they are both as bad as each other when it comes to the political side of things.

17. errum fattah profile image60
    errum fattahposted 14 years ago

quack! quack! sometimes i like iran cuz of its the islamic but sometimes i dislikes cuz most of people there r shia's which r nearly known as non_muslims cuz they abuse our sahaba's. well, i dont want to say some more.
            <snipped hate speech>

1. Obscurely Diverse profile image60
      Obscurely Diverseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Are you biased?
      Well, at least your current thoughts support population control...  Praise be; ha-ha!

2. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And still the two brothers war. why?
      Abram is both your Abba.
      Your blood is his and his yours.
      Why do the brothers war against each other and dishonor Abba, themselves, each other and their children's children??

18. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Because both their cultures are run by religionists war is the only way they know.
    "My invisible fairy is right!
    "No mine is"
    What a way to run a country! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)