How do you know God exists ....?

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 155 discussions (472 posts)
  1. gamergirl profile image57
    gamergirlposted 11 years ago

Going back to the topic's tagline..

I don't know.  I hope, I believe, I imagine.. I feel this warm fuzzy inside to think that there is an omiscient presence in the universe (or more, who knows) that did something special to cause my eventual creation.  I thank the Goddess that my parents bumped uglies, otherwise I wouldn't be here to give such praise.

I think, though, that God(dess) is a part of everything.

2. Kitchy Wytch profile image60
    Kitchy Wytchposted 11 years ago

Mud to us, rose colored glasses to him/her.

3. gamergirl profile image57

I guess it's bad that I understood the guy you guys are making fun of, then, huh?

1. Kitchy Wytch profile image60
      Kitchy Wytchposted 11 years agoin reply to this

LOL.  No, sweetie.. I understand his perspective, but it muddies the water as far as the conversation goes and the original question.

4. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 11 years ago

I never said I didn't understand what he said. Just that it was clear as mud big_smile

5. gamergirl profile image57

lol you guys..

6. LisaG profile image58
    LisaGposted 11 years ago

Maybe you all should agree to disagree.  Eventually someday we would know for sure if God exists or not.

1. profile image49
      simple linkposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hi again ...well god exists . and it is not only existing  he is watching  all our  deeds and hears all what we say.

this is his world , his planet , he created it   ....and who ever thinks otherwise , he or she  doesnt hurt god  ... all of us we gona reach to a point  no one  will  skip that point no matter how reach he is or strong or watever ... that point is DEATH  . then everything will be clear .

Mr mark  keepts saying mud ... the only i can say to you is ask god to make it clear than mud to you ... he can open your heart and actually see his light through what he created and give you eyes to see it .... all of us were for sometime in our mothers womb  for 9 months or less ... who was watching for you ... to eat and grow up  out of nothing .. who build you bones , give you eyes to see with them .. ears to hear with them ... all that came just like that .

god give us a brain to think with i guess and heart to feel with ... and both heart and brain guide us  that there is A GOD  .  the question should be how to worship GOD .
      not if god existed .

i am sorry to intruppt you all in your beautifull forums i was just surfing online and looking for some other stuff in sports but really the question in relegion forum cought my eye ... thought i would say some few words maybe it would do some good .

who ever wants to find god ,,, god will guide him to him .  just with a clean heart . cause he is the master he doesnt need us ... we need him .

thank you all

simple link

7. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 11 years ago

Life is an instatution.  I can't wait for God to come and take me out of these skins.  smile

1. Misha profile image66
      Mishaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

My life is what I make it, and your life is what you make it. We are presented with everything - but we see only what we want to see.

If you want to see an institution - you see it. If you want to enjoy your daughter instead - you can do this, too. smile And then there is no need to flee from here, cause you can't enjoy your daughter there.

Granted, events themselves often don't depend solely on us - but how we interpret events and react to them definitely does.

IDK Sandy, it looks to me you need to enjoy your daughter more and worry about random people doing wrong things less. Just let them. As if God already took you out of your skins. You can't be held responsible for all the evil in this world. In fact even for a tiny part of it - unless you made it yourself.

If you have TV or radio - sell or trash them, so they don't spoil your life with negativity. That's what I did, and I feel much more sane since I got rid of them smile

8. Thom Carnes profile image60
    Thom Carnesposted 11 years ago

As the old song says, I'm beginning to see the light!!

Perhaps I have just been reaching too far and too high .....

Mark, if you are referring to that sudden moment of elucidation - such as when you have been staring at a cryptic crossword clue for hours on end and (for no apparent reason) you suddenly "get" it - ie a couple of million brain cells suddenly flare into life and make a particular neural connection - then I apologise for being so bloody obtuse.

(I'm not totally convinced, though, that Jenny isn't referring to something more cosmically significant than that ....)

This thread has certainly veered dramatically away from the initial question about the manifestation of god's existence.

I think we should all perhaps concede that the question is fundamentally unanswerable, and move quickly on to something else .....

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image85
      Peter M. Lopezposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You asked the question... big_smile

...and you can't tell me you didn't see it coming...from a mile away!

This is only the case if you limit your definition of "answerable".  The God I know is not one to be put into a box.  I believe if you leave your options open and ask Him specifically to prove Himself to you, He will.

I realize this poses a cart-before-the-horse problem, one which I struggled with for a while, but, if there is a God, wouldn't He be the best source to ask?

9. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thom - That would be the one smile

I think Jenny is saying much the same thing.

No apology necessary. big_smile

Baby steps. Try that book I was talking about. It doesn't have all the answers but it certainly helped me to formulate the question.

10. profile image0
    RFoxposted 11 years ago

Misha:

If you want an interesting experience that might spark something for you try meditating in a room with a large group of people. Or even just sitting in a room while others are deep in meditation. After a short time the energy in the room becomes tangible almost solid (only way i can describe it). I've been lucky enough to meditate in rooms with up to 150 people and if you just relax, close your eyes and expect nothing you might experience something. Many Buddhist temples and organizations have open meditation nights where people gather as a group.
    In the States the Chopra center does all sorts of group meditations also.

Forget any of the ideology involved and just enjoy the experience. big_smile

Another way to experience the kind of connection Mark and Jenny are talking about is to go hiking in the wilderness by yourself for an extended period of time. Being completely alone surrounded by nature also does something to our senses that can trigger these experiences.
    It is the reason why Aboriginals go Walkabout, or Native Peoples have Vision Quests or Buddhists go into Retreat.

There is so much 'noise' in our daily life that if you want to experience this form of connectedness you have to find a way to rise above it or get away from it. Once you experience it a few times by accident you can then learn to trigger it at will, anytime.

I've actually had the opposite problem in my life. I was born connected and had to learn how to control and filter it (hence why I turned to Buddhism.) because as Mark expressed: it makes it difficult to function on a day to day basis when you're that connected.

Anyway hope this helps. wink

And Thom: According to my beliefs you will be God one day, and then everyone will be worshiping YOU, the Atheist! Lol. big_smile

1. Thom Carnes profile image60
      Thom Carnesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Thanks - I can hardly wait.

On the other hand, I can think of nothing more distasteful!

1. profile image0
        RFoxposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto. I would rather be a human than a God any day. Much more fun to be revered on earth than in heaven.
        http://www.freewebby.com/happy-smilies/24.gif

2. Misha profile image66

Thanks for the ideas Rachelle smile

While Chopra is located like 4000 miles from here, there are other options, and I'm researching them right now.

11. secondsamuel profile image60
    secondsamuelposted 11 years ago

Q) - How do I know that God exist?

A) - I know that God exist because I just talked with Him this morning.

Now my question for who ever thinks that God does "not" exist.

Q) - How do "you" KNOW that God doesn't exist?

A) - ?

Well done - at least you've provided an answer (of sorts) which is more than can be said for most of us.

Of course, people "talk" to and with various beings all the time. I had an uncle who used to converse with Doctor Who on a regular basis. I'm not sure it proves anything other than that there are lots of things going on inside our heads. Some of these relate to the external world; others relate to our own sub-conscious.

How do we tell them apart?

Ay, there's the rub!

1. Inspirepub profile image83
        Inspirepubposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You say that like there's a difference ...

Jenny

Well, I think there is. If I'm attempting, say, to understand a point that you have made on this thread, and trying to formulate some sort of meaningful response, I still think that is significantly different to having an internal conversation with God or some other imaginary being.

I'm sure you are going to tell me I am wrong .....

1. Inspirepub profile image83

Well, again, you are here assuming that God is a) external and b) imaginary.

You are assuming that I (or you, or any human being) is SEPARATE from "God".

That is a non-sensical contruct, because the experience I am talking about (and Mark and some of the Christians are talking about) is the experience that THERE IS NO SEPARATION between "me" and "not-me". You can't draw a line between "my subconscious" and "God". They are one and the same.

In fact, my conscious is God, too, but it likes to think it isn't.

Jenny

You see - I just *knew* you were going to tell me I was wrong!

I am assuming that God is a) internal and b) imaginary.

And I agree totally that one cannot draw a line between God and a person's subconscious.

If this is saying that God is in the mind, then I agree wholeheartedly.

I just think that's the *only* place He is.

1. profile image0

Caught you in black and white. Lol.

Oh, heck! It's a fair cop, guv'nor!

(Rolls over on back with legs in the air.)

1. profile image0

http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/thumbnail2/198_policeman.gif

2. Inspirepub profile image83

If you really do assume God is internal, then your starting question is non-sensical.

Absolutely correct. It *is* nonsensical to me - I just thought it might make sense to someone out there!

2. secondsamuel profile image60
        secondsamuelposted 11 years agoin reply to this
    2. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Awesome:Q) - How do "you" KNOW that God doesn't exist?
      warm regards
      Poet Mohit.k.Misra

12. profile image0

Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous. --- Albert Einstien

I wonder why you would ask if God exist, already knowing that no answer will be a good enough one anways.  Fully knowing that is, that you can't prove that God doesn't exist.

It seems to me that your not really looking for an answer, maybe your just passing time away.
    Or looking for reasons to call people crazy, so the intention isn't really a good one.

I am not looking for an answer that will convince me that God exists, that's true.

But I AM looking for an answer that will help me understand why other people are convinced that He exists.

In truth, I have no interest whatsoever in religion. But I do have a long and deep and passionate interest in religious *belief* - in the reasons why people believe some things and not others; in the basis for their beliefs; in the processes that have lead them to their beliefs.

And I am still naive enough to think that if someone believes something genuinely and profoundly - even to the extent that it informs every aspect of their daily lives, and shapes their behaviour and their relationships with others - they ought at least to be able to explain *why* they believe it in a way that is generally comprehensible to other people.

Am I just passing time away? Maybe. Aren't we all? This seems as good and as interesting a way as any other I can think of.

And I don't recall ever calling anyone crazy - although I might well have thought it from time to time.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
  13. Mark Knowles profile image59

mohitmisra - we call this spam here. I know you want to sell your books but please.....

14. profile image0

I like this.  Your trying to sell your book, but I am glad I get to read some for free.  blessings, Sandra.  smile

15. Mark Knowles profile image59

You can read it for free on several other threads too sandra. big_smile

I am a poet and have answered the question with a poem.Its not spam it aswers the question diectly and doesnt take of on different tangents like you have Mark.
      thank you for your kind words Sandra

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You answered another question on another thread  with exactly the same answer - twice. And a different question with the same thing on another thread. LOL

It is spam. smile

Better than quoting scripture I suppose.....

It is an answer to that question I do not talk about my driving license.

16. profile image47
    mike12572posted 11 years ago

oh this is so simple!!!!  you dont know!!  neither does the pope or anyone else...  i think if there was he'd have the power to prove it, and we would believe.. we'd have no choice....

sometimes i think of how peaceful the world would be without religion, money, and power..

17. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

LOL Mark, this guy is going to fight and die for his right to post his poem to every single thread here big_smile

18. Mark Knowles profile image59

Misha - LOL I know.

He's a clever as all the other internet marketers. If he'd just done one thread and had a few hubs that weren't two lines of his poetry and an ad for his book it would have gone unnoticed. smile

19. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

Yeah,

There is nothing new in this life, and people do repeat the same mistakes over and over and over... One might think a spiritual poet would be an exception - but not, he is like others, too big_smile

20. mohitmisra profile image60
    mohitmisraposted 11 years ago

This forum is on God and Religions. I am an enlightned poet why should I not post my poem here if it answers the question..

21. Mark Knowles profile image59

mohotmisra - because it didn't take into account the previous conversation. You didn't even actually look at the OPs's question and your poem certainly didn't answer it. Plus you posted the same thing to several other threads. No thought on your part - just advertising yourself.

And you can take it from me - the minute you start thinking you are enlightened is when the trouble starts.......

And I am quite capable of controlling my breathing, heart rate and blood pressure - if that's what you mean by "veins.". Once you have learned how to do that, come back and speak to me.

22. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

When you post it once - no question.

When you post it twice - people start thinking there is something wrong with you.

When they see you posted a bunch of other poems of yours within the last day, and a bunch of hubs with the same purpose of promoting your book - they know they met the spammer big_smile

Posting it twice was a mistake on my path just noticed it ,that I agree otherwise i am answering the question -how do you know  God Exists.
      Why dont to stay on that topic and I do not need your advice about what i should say about Enlightenment.

23. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

You made a mistake - go clean the mess. And don't fight over this, you are making things worse. Clean up and move on...

i have made a mistake and removed one post .Peace I just want to participate in this forum like you do.

1. Misha profile image66

I think that was a good move on your side smile

But this is not the only mistake you made. Try to read here http://hubpages.com/faq/#what_is_allowed and see how it relates to your hubs.

Hint: by Hubpages definitions, your hubs (at least the ones I looked at) are substandard duplicate content that contains links (including affiliate links) to external sites.

If you don't fix it, this is a sure fire way to get banned from this site...

24. Mark Knowles profile image59

mohimistra - this is the original question -

In the last 2 days, you have published 15 hubs. All of which are a short excerpt from your book with an advertisement for said book. Enlightened? LOL

I cannot help being Enlightened.yes I have posted poems and review on my hubs .

25. Mark Knowles profile image59

He is so enlightened he didn't even notice I was actually giving him good advice. big_smile

An Enlightened One doesnt say he is Enlightened-what rubbish

To many Grandmasters and few masters thats the problem.

From the beginning of time we have Shiva who claimed Enlightenment the day is called MahaShivratri and celebrated in India till date. Considered the first Enlightened human.

Zaratushtra comes back from the hills and talks about the Divine light how two became one and he fused with the light Got Enlightened surely some called him mad and others understood he was speaking the truth.

The Prophet Mohammed had a revelation or got Enlightened and there were some who did not believe him .

Jesus claimed Enlightenment-said he was the son of God and me and my father are One.

Buddha climed Enlightenment talks about taking the middle path there is no need to go through severe auterities in order to get enlightened-Buddhas answer to prove you are Enlightened-nature is my witness.

Patanjali-seven breaths of one pointed concentraton will get you enlightened.
      Krishna-some understood his divinity others mocked it.

Who but and Enlightened one can say he is Enlightened.

Stop trying to be a Grandmaster and decide how an Enlightened One should behave or what he should be doing.

like Guru Nanak says to uderstand the masters you must be in a similar vibration or you will call me a liar a fool. Even he was mocked by some poeple .

Some people tell me beacause you you say you are enlightened means you are not. These are
      the fake gurus. The basic qualification to become a guru or poet is enlightenment.
      How can you show a person the path if you have not seen the light yourself. You are like a parrot repeating what the masters have talked about without actually witnessing it yourself.
      Only take advice from one who claims Enlightenment.The man who claims enlightenment is ready to die for this an ordinary human does not have the courage to say he is enlightened.
      By trying to give me advice they are taking the short cut, I give advice to the Poet Mohit Misra. His book may be ranked one in the world for 2006 in Poetry ,ranked over greats like kabir,John Milton,Khalil Gibran,Shakespeare,T.S.Eliot etc but I give him advice I am the greatest, The Grandmaster.
      I am open to learning and can learn from all but this is just too much.

If you have been to Africa you can say you have been to Africa its the same with enlightenment.

Who are you to decide what an Enlightened one should say or what he should be doing?

1. profile image0
        sandra rinckposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I really like what you have to say.  If you called yourself enlightened I would say yes you are.  Seems that enlightenment does truely come from the "source", for the most part, those who are enlightened from the source speak in terms that only those who have become enlightened can understand and usually offer another piece or another thought that further advcances the mind and heart.  Also,  when enlightened ones speak to ones who have not yet come to understanding of the: light, spirit, god, nirvana, etc.  use terms in exact quote or repeat superficail meanings which lack any spirit. 
        I know these people because when they speak, I can understand them and usually take more, and then they take from myself as well, and are usually scoffed because the terms used to explain or identify with what we know seem inaccurate, so speaking in "parabells" seems to come easy and best when it comes to sharing, because what is written inbetween the words is where enlightenment sits for those with eyes and ears to hear and see.  I guess as it is for me,  that understanding enlightenment doesn't just come from the mind, but it most understood with the heart or the soul or the spirit of the self.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

Dude - you can see from the quote that you yourself placed that is not what I said. The last time we spoke, I pointed out that what you were doing i.e copying large chunks of your poetry into several different threads, and writing 15 hubs in 2 days, all of which are short pieces of your poetry which is published elsewhere on the 'net with an affiliate link to buy your book, is considered spam by this site.

If you don't fix this, you will more than likely find that your hubs get deleted and you will be banned. Not my rules.

As to whether you are enlightened or not, I can't say, but it seems to me that not taking good advice when it is given is not so enlightened, but that's your choice. Perhaps you should ask Sparkling Jewel. She seems to know where people are in their development and what they should be doing. Big_Smilie.

26. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

Should it sound like blinded by the too bright light? big_smile

mohitmisra, a couple more links for you:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Overly-Promotional
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Substandard

27. Mark Knowles profile image59

Which is co-incidentaly, one of my favorite songs. (I know - I'm old) big_smile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AFCJ1dLdg

Good driving music.big_smile

1. Misha profile image66

Nice one smile This is what 70s? 80s? May be late 60s even? No, probably 70s still. Abba and Credence Clearwater Revival came to mind. Don't know why smile Memories...

28. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Seems I remember a saying that goes: 'Those who say don't know, and those who know don't say'.

29. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 11 years ago

Good info. 'Come and go with me'.

Ha-nice sense of humour

30. Mark Knowles profile image59

Raven

I will certainly concede that first point. Perhaps if I re-phrase it to - Before we understood fire, humans believed it was from a divine source and created gods who were capable of providing that fire. There are any number of "gods of fire."

Basically because if we don't understand something and cannot control it, it must have been created by a god. And if you go back through the various threads you will see this argument used several times.

This allowed them some degree of understanding and eventually control. Although, I am also prepared to concede that there are limits to that control and it sometimes gets out of hand. 

I know how thunderstorms and hurricanes are formed also. I do not "understand," them. Nor am I able to reliably predict them - which I would be able to do accurately if I understood them. But if you understand them and can therefore know the pattern ,direction and form they will take, I suggest you speak to the meteorological people. They will be keen to hear from you.

We have discussed these proofs ad infinitum already and collectively come to the conclusion that one person's proof means nothing to another person.

But if you have some "proof," as based on the dictionary definition that will be able to convince everyone else, I am certainly open to you proving that your particular god exists.

Welcome to the discussion smile

31. Mark Knowles profile image59

Not sure I would call his behavior in his personal life wise.

And you can borrow this if you like:

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2778/sarcasm3ix4.gif

1. Raven Emrys profile image64
      Raven Emrysposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Well my friend, it is all in how you choose to view his life.

It's sort of like that old question, "How do you see the glass of water before you - half empty or half full?"

If you chose to view only the misfortunes that befell him in his personal life as the sum total of that man and his contributions to this world, then you are, of course, one of those who sees the glass as "half empty".

I, on the other hand, choose not to view the few troubles he had in his personal relationships as the main reflection of his *entire* life - but his successes, and meaningful contributions to society and philosophy. For *that* is what is meaningful. That is what's lasting. Therefore, I am one of those who sees the glass as "half full".

*rips open her shirt to reveal her anti-sarcasm vest* :-p

But out of curiosity Mark, is that how you will judge the value of *your* life on your death bed? By your poor choices that you have made in your personal life... by your failures and mistakes? Is that how you will want others to remember you?

I believe that the great number of Abelard's wise and valuable contributions to the world, far outnumber, and outweigh, the problems in his life; and I think it is History who will back me up on this one.

In All Sincerity,
      Raven

Dear Raven,
        I like the way you write very informative.
        Like Guru Nanak says to appreciate the truth,the masters you need to be in a similar vibration
        otherwise you will call me a fool a liar.
        warm regards
        Poet Mohit.K.Misra

32. Mark Knowles profile image59

Actually, what I found interesting was the fact that you chose to completely ignore that aspect of his life. Not that it is any more or less important than any other part.

But, you cannot take the one aspect without the other. Whether he was a great philosopher or not, he made some poor judgments in other areas that eventually ended with him being castrated and barred from the clergy.

Personally, I am Descartes man myself.

Nice vest by the way.

I am not sure my life has any "value," and I am pretty sure that whowever is doing the judging after I am dead will be doing much as you have done. Picking the bits that they wish to propagate and ignoring the bits they don't like.

I would certainly be interested to know what Abelard thought after losing his testicles. Do you think he would have written off all his other works to get them back?

Speaking personally, that's a glass-is-half-empty situation. smile

As you are no doubt aware, "History," depends a great deal on who is doing the writing.

33. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

LOL, fix your hubs self-proclaimed prophet - or you are outta here and don't have place to talk about your enli... whateva big_smile

1. profile image0

whateva. LOL.  leave him be, how do you know he doesn't speak like this regularly? 
      I see the spam, but how can you be sure that he doesn't naturally speak in this tounge, like in Japanese or Swaheelie ( I don't know how to spell swaheelie)  even though they are saying different things, it still sounds like the same repetitive word or sounds.  smile

lol.. I agree with you on this one, Sandy.  Despite his spam and occasional rambling, I enjoy the message that he conveys in his writing.

Thank You Sandra,
        So many hundreds if not thousands of people call me enlightened ,baba,swami etc etc.
        Like I said you need to be in a similar vibration.
        The Vedas talk about the humans species being in thousands acoording to their consciousnes level ,awareness level this is so true.
        warm Regards
        poet Mohit.K.Misra

3. Misha profile image66

Sandy,
        Sure I don't know smile And I was just pointing out that he has to obey the rules of the place if he wants to stay. He seems to be getting the message, and now we can continue the discussion about enlightenment without the danger of abrupt interruption due to inevitable ban smile

Mohit,

I seem to share Charlotte's and Mark's feelings on this mostly. As hard as I try I can't recall any prophet who was promoting his own teachings, let alone spamming. For some reason they just said what they had to say, and people flocked to them. Or stoned them. Usually both... later shortly after former... Are you ready for stoning?

Frankly, if not for Sandy's interest in you, I would have written you off already as yet another religious marketer. Given her opinion on what you are saying, I'm willing to keep my mind open and to give you another chance to convince me you are for real smile

Sure you don't have to. And I am not forcing you in any way. I will just know then that Sandy was mistaken and I was not - that's all what you have to lose. smile

I have learned karate for years am very strong .have been attacked in the past for saying i am enlightened and have defended myself not hit back.even then. Everyone in Pune and Mumbai my hometown knows i am a peacefull person who never fights have never hit anybody and do not plan to. Hate fighting and am called to make the peace.I get along with everyone.
          Today i am respected and left alone.Was called mad for years.
          I do not want to tourt or fight with anyone.I do not kill even mosquitoes.You will not find a more harmless person than me.Have come in the papers and radio am called Shakspeare of Pune.
          Warm regards
          Mohit

I am called Sant Kabir by my friends

In that case, you can call me Sensei. Or Master, whichever you prefer big_smile

1. Misha profile image66

You lost me guys smile

HA -

34. gamergirl profile image57

Please don't bugger up the thread with a lot of copy/pasting.  Let's get back to the primary point, shall we?

35. Mark Knowles profile image59

So do I , but he will get himself deleted if he doesn't fix his hubs.

Well yeah, I would very much like to see some hubs from him that are something OTHER than book promotion.  I'm sure he has a lot to offer and is intelligent enough to come up with some original writing which wouldn't compromise his book...

Dear Mark,
      I  have fixed my hubs .
      I am not here to break any rules. 
      I am here to share the knowledge I have gained.
      Mohit-Muhut Sanskrit-one who has gained knowledge of the spirit or the enlightened one.
      K-Kailashnath-the abode of Shiva.
      Misra-the name given to the enlightened ones who settled on the river Ganges.
      I come from a family of priests and spreading the message of God of Love is my job.
      I hope one day you are able to forgive me for my mistake.
      Warm regards
      Poet
      Moht.K.Misra

You don't need my forgiveness. These are not my rules, I was just telling you how it is. If you want to apologize for jumping down my throat when I was actually helping you out that's a different matter.

I look forward to you sharing the knowledge you have gained and the ensuing arguments smile

But gamergirl does have a point about the enlightenment/sales pitch. It rather dilutes what you are saying when your apparent aim seems to be to sell your book rather than enlighten others.

Thank You
          I want peace I am a poet.
          Warm regards
          moht

Do you like my answer.I have not mentioned my book in it.

Ha- i also look forward to the ensuing arguements:) produces

sorry didnt know how to put up the smilie

I am a poet and try to enlighten others through my poems.

Please frorgive me for hurting youe feelings,thank you for helping  me out.

36. gamergirl profile image57

I thought enlightened ones do not brag about it?

Why would you then make mention of being regarded as enlightened?

You thought wrong.

37. gamergirl profile image57

Interesting.

The most amazing and spiritual figures from all points in history (with the exception of Jesus, because let's face it, he had a hard job to do convincing tens of thousands of people that he was the son of God, that's the kind of idea that is reinforced through repetition and practice) were -humble- or taught humility as a part of the path to righteousness in faith.

So.. right.. you'll have to excuse me while I go over there *points somewhere far away* and vomit up my disgust at someone saying they are enlightened in a spiritual, guruesque sense, but are really just trying to be an internet salesman.

You or I am not here on the planet to be insulted by anyone.Self defense is my birthright.I am not harming anyone and that includes you.you are the one abusing me why shoud I take it?

38. Kitchy Wytch profile image60
    Kitchy Wytchposted 11 years ago

Petty arguing is neither necessary, enlightening, or productive.

39. gamergirl profile image57

It is not your birthright to use religion as a blanket to cover over your self-promotion and attempts with everything you've posted prior to my jumping in the thread to sell your book.

Religion is not an info-mercial here for your own profits. 

Call a spade a spade, already.

40. Mark Knowles profile image59

Just leave a space before the :  big_smile

41. gamergirl profile image57

Reminds me a lot of the ULC's titles.

Call me Truth Seeress, then!

42. gamergirl profile image57

Mohit is saying that he is called a Saint(Sant) by his friends.

So Mark is now Sensei, and I'm Truth Seeress.

What would Misha's awesome Title of Power be?

43. Misha profile image66
    Mishaposted 11 years ago

LOL Since I'm MetaGod already, all other titles kinda lose their shine wink

Actualy Sant Kabir appears to be more than just a regular saint - there is nothing nowadays google can't clarify big_smile

1. gamergirl profile image57
      gamergirlposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Indeed, Misha.  Indeed.

RFox - I adore you.

2. profile image0

How funny, I was just thinking: I deem Misha God of Mediation, Gamergirl I deem thee Goddess of Protection, I deem Mark God of No God, LOL.  Jenny Goddess of Spiritual Understanding, and since Saint Kabir is Saint Kibir, then well...He is Saint Kabir.  Jewel is Goddess of Universal connection.

LOL - I already had a title but I like this one better. Especially as I already forgot what the old one was.

God/No God - It has a nice ring to it. smile

1. profile image0

Well now you see God of No God, God exist because You exist.  LOL.  Mark, your my favorite God of No God.  smile

44. firetown profile image59
    firetownposted 11 years ago

God does exist and he kicks ass!

True no one is spared from karmic consequences.Do good good happens do bad bad happens to you.

1. profile image0

And I must disagree with this. Karma is not that straight-forward.

45. profile image0
    RFoxposted 11 years ago

mohitmisra:

Yes, many prophets have stated in the past that they are enlightened, however they also all share a common trait.

Their message is more important than themselves!

The Enlightened Ones never SOLD what they were preaching. They gave FREE sermons and instruction to all who would listen. They had infinite compassion for people and were more concerned with others welfare than themselves. They were compelled and moved beyond words to help others even at the sacrifice of their own comfort and safety.

I am not saying you can't sell your poetry and beliefs in book form. The world has changed and we all need to make a living. However, when you are only providing guidance to people who are willing to pay then that's a problem. You haven't stated any clear beliefs on this forum only quoted from your book and suggested people buy it.

Don't you think that if you spread your beliefs and poetry for FREE (and you are truly Enlightened) that people would then flock to buy your book because they would want to be able to read your inspiring words day and night or any time they choose.

Those who are truly Enlightened don't have to SELL themselves, people are drawn to them naturally when they hear them speak.

I for one would like to hear what you think and believe. If it is truly inspiring then maybe I would buy your book. Right now though, the way you are presenting yourself I have no desire to read what you have written.

Just my humble opinion. smile

HELLO
      I have given a lot of my books for free.
      have been broke for years .Everyone knows my book my poems come before me.
      People tell me charge for your book why do you give it free it has taken you five years.
      You do not kow me,
      wram regards
      Mohit

1. profile image0

You're right, I do not know you. I can only see how you present yourself today, and today you appear to be an internet salesperson. Maybe that is not your intention but that is how it is being received.

I am not trying to pick on you either. Just that if you want people to truly listen to your message you're going to have to look carefully at the way you interact on the internet.

This is meant as a helpful observation. smile

I am very ignorant where the computer is concerned the internet,am learning.

1. profile image0

The internet is difficult. No-one can really tell your true meaning when it is written in black and white. As humans we need to see facial expressions to truly know how a message should be taken. Without that face to face contact it is easy to misinterpret someones intention. You won't be ignorant for long.

As you have seen here, people will tell you how you are being received. It is a good learning experience. Lol. big_smile

LOL

A book is a source of knowledge.This will defy time if it is God knowledge.
                Words symbols represent something and the vibrations can be picked up thousands of years later.This is why manuscripts and books are valued as many masters have come and some are here right now.They have recorded their wisdom in words.This way their knowledge can come to you without having to see the person..
                Warm regards
                Mohit

1. profile image0

Very true. Books are special wisdom. Books are crafted and edited to be clear and concise in meaning and do vibrate of the person who wrote them.

I find the internet a different medium though, especially if you're actively conversing with someone. Many misunderstandings occur because there is no inflection in the writing. We also do not edit ourselves correctly as it is more of an instant reply. We are also sometimes tired, distracted or upset about other things when we go online and this impacts our words.

Books on the other hand are well thought out and revised.
                  And words in a book definitely become more alive if you are able to speak with the person who wrote them or with someone who is passionate about teaching the meaning behind the book.

When you hear someone who is passionate about Yeats for example recite his poetry it takes on a whole new meaning. The same is true for religious or philosophic works.

Th feel of a book and reading from a book is definately better than an ebook or the internet.This even i feel.Yet the meanings remain the same.
                    I have now been working on my fouth edition its five years since i started full time as a poet.Been editing editing editing trying to attain perfection.
                    I am with you here i prefer a book as well.
                    warm regards
                    Mohit

46. gamergirl profile image57

Mohit,

How do you keep so youthful in your 710th year of life?  tongue

*insert sarcasm smilie here*

47. profile image0

I have met some interesting spiritual people, I met a man who called himself and Apostle, but not by his making, and he too felt he had to defend his name as it came into being his name.  His name is Father Robert Burdges, but his name was not really a good one, but it made the people around him who love him happy to call him Father Burdges, why, because he spends his time in Africa teaching the children about life and love and freely helping the people around him.  So while there is stigma attached to the name Father, what he shared with me and what I learned from the Spirit about him, is that I was directed towards him if not for only one purpose, that is he had a message to deliver to me. 

As for Mohit, I am sure it came about the same way and I don't see any folly with trying to make some money on the side because as it is, we still have to live in the material world, but money matters take away from what and who the person is to become. 

Or as I have expressed in other places, with regards to Judas...that the apearance of money, is missleading when it comes to understanding what they have to offer.  smile

I am now trying to ballance the spiritual with the material fed up of going hungry for days and sleeping in friends shops and terraces.
      Would like to make some money so I can live a decent life.
      warm Regards
      Mohit

1. profile image0

I know Mohit, I know.  smile

mohit - we are all in  a similar boat, but this is not helping your case. Writing poetry, whether spiritually driven or otherwise is generally regarded as a tough way to make a living. I myself have been trying to sell 2 books. LOL

If you want some more free advice - go live in Los Angeles big_smile

Its a torture but its something i got to do.
          I often get the thought to go abroad India is very difficult to work its a yes sir world here.Your work comes second.
          Worked as  Second officer in the Merchant navy it was a pleasure to work with the Europians and Americans,so professional.no yes sir nonsense.

what are the names of your books you scared to mention them as it will become spam-ha-just kidding would like to know.

thanks anyways
          warm regards
          mohit

I understand. The books are called "YouCube," and "Kissing Cousins." But I am not holding my breath.

I don't know what life is like in Bombay, but I suspect the chances of selling poetry are at least as slim there as just about anywhere else.

If you are interested, this guy is possibly the best I have ever read on marketing yourself:

http://sethgodin.typepad.com/

But, as you are discovering, jumping in and telling everyone you are a guru and trying to sell them a book at the same time will go down like a lead balloon. smile

Much better if you come in, say some of your very insightful poetry and wait for some one to come look at your profile and then tell everyone you are a guru.

For all I know, that is what happened in Bombay. You stood on a street corner, some one heard what you had to say and the next thing you know, people are talking about you.

Same thing on the internet. Unless you are in L.A LOL

I live in Pune, born and brought up in Mumbai studied in Cathedral and John Connon considered the best school in India.Have been a recluse till a year ago.have put up my picture on the net a year back no picture on my book,do not go for poetry readings.
              Come from a very influential family but did not get support before as they thought this will discourage me from being a full time poet and i will go back to the Navy..
              Now i have started getting support.My best friend is a multi- millionare builds power plants.he sends me money.My poems speak for themselves but when someone abuses me after raading them then i tell them hello i am enlightened know what i am talking about.
              Many didnt know i was poet till recently say we didnt know this spiritual side of yours existed till now.
              I have been given th signs to step out now and i have.

48. profile image0

Mark, if you had experienced God, then you wouldn't be telling us there was no God. Therefore, it was a safe bet to say you had not experienced God.  ---Keelly

I am really not so sure about that.  In my opinion only,  I believe that Mark did experience God, and that what he is trying to relate is that we need to live here on Earth together without God or at least with the understanding that us people need to change our attituteds towards one another as humans in the same world to make life a better place.  Or as Mark and Thom say: what can God do that We can not do ourselves?  Which then I would reply, God gives soul survival after death, which no man can do. 

But I could be wrong.  wink

1. Misha profile image66

My Goddess, I'm happy you are back smile

Sandra - you are very, very warm LOL

And welcome back Goddess. smile

49. firetown profile image59
    firetownposted 11 years ago

Seth is my buddy, I interviewed him the other day http://searchfeature.com/blog/search-fe … eth-godin/
    He is one of the few people on this earth I listen to.

1. Misha profile image66

I think this time your link is - oops - out of place smile I still left a comment there tongue

50. Peter M. Lopez profile image85
    Peter M. Lopezposted 11 years ago

Another good thread down the drain...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)