Does religion divide or unite ??

Jump to Last Post 1-27 of 27 discussions (81 posts)
  1. rajivnandy profile image61
    rajivnandyposted 13 years ago

What do you think ?

1. KateKarmin profile image61
      KateKarminposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Fragrance of a flower is its religion
      Sweetness of sugar is its religion
      Saltiness of salt is its religion
      Monsterity of a beast is its religion
      Humanity of a human is its religion

Its our faiths based on our cultures, caste and creed which unites or divides us.

2. Misha profile image62
      Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

divide

1. profile image0
        Uma07posted 13 years agoin reply to this

Certainly it divides.You voiced my thoughts Misha.

3. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is presently destroying humanity, never mind, dividing it. wink

4. SunSeven profile image61
      SunSevenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Who cares

1. Beelzedad profile image60
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The future of mankind? smile

1. SunSeven profile image61

Wow! Its already here? I didn't realize, I fade out. smile

5. snagerries profile image69
      snagerriesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It definitely divides... However it was originally coined to unite people..

I disagree

1. snagerries profile image69

Please share your views then if you disagree..

It was just a defence strategy, by those who were threatened,

Alright.

6. profile image49
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Does religion divide or unite ??

Hi friend rajivnandy

Religion does not divide, it unites; it is the politicians and rulers who in the name of religion, democracy and humanity divide the people.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

7. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
      Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course it divides in a might blood shed always has and always will. It will probably bring about 'World War 111'

All I can see with good ol' Christianity and the Quran is blood shed. A dripping bloody sword. How many thousands upon thousands of people have died over religion from day one until now?!

So sad!!

1. Kimberly Bunch profile image60
        Kimberly Bunchposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That was a ((mighty)) blood shed!!! (I missed that typo)

8. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both.
      Initially they unite but with time the divide.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

With more than 3,000 religions generated by only two books, I can safely say they divide. smile

1. mohitmisra profile image60

Please expand earnesthub.smile

1. Misha profile image62
            Mishaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Misha. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

Thanks smile

9. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Both, as I see religion as a group of people united in beliefs and practices.

Creating a group is an act of unity and division. You can't have a group (any group) without having those outside the group . If there are no outsiders, that means everyone is in the group, so it wouldn't be a group, it would just be everyone. As soon as people are united to form a group, the people in that group also become divided from those outside the group.

But that isn't peculiar to religion. We have a tendency to form social groups which I think stems from human nature. That nature is driven by survival. Uniting with others aids survival. Excluding others also aids survival (particularly where limited resources are concerned). Both are biological imperatives.

Social constructs are a way of giving meaning and context to these imperatives. So a group united through shared genes becomes a "family". A group of families united through geographic proximity, a "tribe". A group of tribes united through a shared method of group decision making (politics), a "country" etc. This is how we rationalise what is essentially the animal instinct to survive through forming groups.

In that regard, I think religion is an extension of those social groups. Indeed the religion a person subscribes to usually correlates to the religion of their family, tribe or country. 

It's useful therefore, in my opinion, to look at whether religion unites or divides within the context of social groups as a whole, rather than in isolation. As some of the attributes of religion are simply attributes of social groups.

An example is the idea of "sacrifice" for the group. It's just as likely to hear of someone willing to die for his family, tribe or country, as to hear of someone willing to die for his religion. I think that's because families, tribes, countries and religions are interwoven and form an important part of the social fabric. So it's not really possible to ask whether religion unites or divides without also asking if the concepts of family, tribes and countries unites or divides, as they are all essentially the same. The common denominator is human nature. Perhaps 'does human nature divide or unite?' is also worth asking.

Of course none of that says anything about the truth or falsehood of religious belief, but maybe something about the nature of religion in a sociological context.

10. profile image56
      exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I live in a small town, I have seen the division, takeing place in church, but it shouldn't. true christians wouldn't let different ideas interfer with the unity that churchs and religions have

11. the pink umbrella profile image74
      the pink umbrellaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well, i think as a whole, we are united withing our own beliefs amongst our fellow believers, but  as individual faiths, we are divided.

12. Don W profile image83
      Don Wposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In addition to my previous comment, I think it would be also interesting to be specific about the exact negative social impact  attributed to religion. 'Divide' seems a bit woolly. You could for example ask 'does religion kill?'. Then you might be able to look at some objectively verifiable data on the issue. It would be possible to compare crime statistics for the major cities in the world and calculate the percentage of murders directly related to religion compared to those related to (for example) race, gender, sexuality, money or drugs. I tentatively suggest such research would show the majority of homicides committed in 'developed' countries are not related to religion. If anyone does the research I'd be interested to know if that hypothesis is correct.

In countries where there are inter-religious conflicts, the fact that religion is intertwined with family, tribe and country means religion can't be considered in isolation from those other social constructs which complicates matters greatly. Therefore suggesting 'religion divides' or 'religion unites' is a gross oversimplification of a complex sociological phenomenon.

2. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

The concept of religion is to unite people with eachother and with their God for the purpose of spiritual refinement. Though a few recent trends in our socioty have condemned this method of worship as a inhibiter of free thought, I find it contradictory that the same crowd insists on gathering together in a similar mode of learning and development when they send their children to secular schools every day for the same purpose.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Onousonsomoneelse's inability to differentiate between worshiping an invisible nonentity and going to school notwithstanding, this pretty much answers the question.

Religion divides.

1. Joy56 profile image67
        Joy56posted 13 years agoin reply to this

it seems for once we would agree.  Do not attack me, i am in a religion that i was born into...........  i have looked around to find anything better, anything that gives me security that i seek and i have not found it any where else.  I love peace, and feel the message of the bible, and Jesus' life on earth eminates peace.    Any tomatoes ready Mark

You have everything you need inside you. Sorry to say - it is your religion that has convinced you that you need something outside. This is the message of the bible  sad

No tomatoes this year - the wind killed everything last year so I am going with peppers instead. They are looking good. smile

Do not attack me, like you usually do, because I do not believe.

1. Joy56 profile image67

Mark i do not ever remember attacking you, because you do not believe, only because you can be so nasty to othere people .........   It is your choice to be a non believer, absolutely none of my business......

What colour peppers, red, green, yellow, i like peppers,

2. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

On the contrary, I do see many differences between the two, however I also find many similarities to be striking. Perhaps in an ineffective manner, such as the way some people erroneously see a relationship between monkeys and people.

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Oh yeah, and whenever I set foot inside a church, (the denomination doesn't matter) I see a room full of people who have a single goal and an agreeable outlook on beliefs, thus for a small moment in time making them, in part, united.

1. profile image56
            exorterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A Christian should take that unity they have in church and take it out into the world with them

2. Elpaso profile image59
            Elpasoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

THE CHRISTIANS THINK THEY ARE THE ONLY ONES GOING TO HEAVEN.

THE CRAZY CULTS INSIDE THE MUSLIMS THINK THEY ARE GOING TO HEAVEN AFTER THEY KILL ENOUGH INFIDELS.(WHAT IS THERE REGULAR PHILOSOPHY?)

JEWS THINK THEY ARE THE CHOSEN PEOPLE OF GOD.

CAN EACH EXPLAIN HIS SIDE THE BEST HE CAN, AND TELL US HOW THEIR BELIEF HELPS WITH WORLD UNITY!

1. profile image0
              brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

World unity? No such thing.
              But the god of the bible helps this way:
              7 houses on the street
              muslim, islam, hinduism, chinese traditional, christian, buddhist and athiest.

which one would you consider walking up to first to ask for help?

I'd def choose the atheist. At least he would know the difference between fantasy and reality! smile

1. profile image0

but how is that going to get you help? He might think your situation fantasy and in reality shut the door lol
                  lol

as much as we are at odds, if you came to my door asking for help i would be so inclined as to help you, not because i am a great person but because gods standards ask me too. This was my point. The athiest has no other moral standard to go by than he might be a nice enough guy but there is no guarantee or impetus for him to do so.

He is the one least likely to think of fantasy, he is in the real world.
                    He isn't gonna see some invisible sky fairy who tells him to kill me because I "bear the mark" or some other dribble! smile

3. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

unfortunately it divides.....  The teachings of the bible can unite, and should but interpretation varies.  Most wars have been fought in the name of religion, even though the bible condems war. I know war is mentioned in the bible, but a peace loving person would never start a war.  This is a difficult subject to address, i really do not feel like an argument either, thanks

4. pisean282311 profile image62
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

every religion started with nobel cause but later , most of them became a means to control human beings with set of norms , rituals and such things..it became means of gaining power in mid ages ..religion has done some wonderful things for human beings but at same time it has been responsible for deaths of lakhs ..religion and believe that 'my way or highway' has led to conflicts at many place , mode of discrimination in some..

5. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

Religion is a just another form of belief albeit one base on faith. The question should be do religious leaders cause divisions?

1. Joy56 profile image67

good point....... it is power that corrupts in every religion.  I am a Jehovah's Witness, i have found no better faith so have stayed with it.  We are being refind by god, all the time, i watch the elderly at work, with their rosary beads, they feel they are connected with god, and it gives them pleasure, however the younger people are questioning their religion because of what the priests have been doing.......

6. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

Religions divide between each other
    They unite those within.
    Isn't that just a reflection of humanity
    just with focused on "religion".
    "Birds of a feather..." thing.

It's like motor cycle clubs.
    do THEY unite or divide???
    Depends on which club you join.

Add your own example, it still holds true!

7. Beelzedad profile image60
    Beelzedadposted 13 years ago

When it comes to doing good things, religions divide. When it comes to doing bad thing, religions unite. smile

8. zackec profile image60
    zackecposted 13 years ago

Divide.

9. Joy56 profile image67
    Joy56posted 13 years ago

had to go in to work, someone rang in sick, was hoping to carry on this discussion, lots of good points made here.

10. getitrite profile image71
    getitriteposted 13 years ago

Even when a religion starts out as a uniting force, it won't be long before the original splinters into factions.  Hence, the many(divided)denominations.

11. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 13 years ago

When is the election in Singapore?

According to Channel NewsAsia reports, Lee Hsien Loong, who is also the secretary general of the ruling People's Action Party (PAP), said at the party's convention on Sunday morning that by 2011 or 2012, the country will have a full slate of leaders who can form a strong, clean and able government to take the nation forward for the next 20 years, and this would instill confidence in the country's future among investors and Singaporeans.

12. Devanni profile image61
    Devanniposted 13 years ago

Both, I think. 

In the greater scheme of things, religion is - and always has been - a great divider.  From the dawn of religion, people have fought and killed mercilessly over their religious beliefs, and the so-called 'Holy' wars continue even in this supposedly advanced, civilized world.  Religion is destroying the underpinnings of moral, just, and rational society, and the people involved.

And yet, at the same time, I can't help but think of the time I spent as a child over a few spring breaks living with a family in an Old Order Mennonite community.  In all honesty, I've been staring at that last sentence for at least five minutes, uncertain how to proceed and accurately convey the profound unity of these people.  They are an incredibly tight-knit people that take care of their own and are always there to lend a neighbor a helping hand, and yet also incredibly accepting and welcoming of outsiders.  They are down-to-earth, and some of the kindest, most forgiving people I have met, and pacifists to boot.  Yet it is their beliefs and values that bind them.

13. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

Believers are rewarded with heaven, non believers are punished with hell. It is pretty clear cut I think that religion creates the illusion of unity to it's insiders while dividing those outside the belief.

14. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

How are the odds of one of these religions being right?
    About 38,000 to one for just the bible, and then we hit the other book! lol
    Anybody got credibility problems yet?

1. profile image0

Its not a question of being right. The aim of christianity is to get people saved. Saved by definition is believing in Him and yielding to His work in us. This is the whole point.
      here's where you got that statistic from most probably as i was looking at it, last week.
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ch … of_members

If you examine the list you will find many churches named by the country they are in and that there are only 13 major categories.
      Now these are not all completely different unaffiliated churches with completely unique and individual beliefs. Some of these may even be extinct as wikipedia is not so much a terrific source when articles need citations.
      This is not as bad as the person who one lined it, makes it out to be.
      But it does show a lot of people getting involved in the sky fairies activities. For a 6,000 yr old religion i'd say it has stickability.

Athiests seem to think there is only one category of them but they are all different because there are no set guidelines to follow just whatever the individual thinks, except that they believe 'there is no god'. Some call it divinity, self mastering, god force in us, law of physics even happenstance or chance, evolution.. i would say atheism is divided as well and since the guideliines for atheism are not set in stone the chances of categories may be more than christianity. Im bustin a gut lol

15. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

a question formulated for division which already exists.

16. TruthDebater profile image54
    TruthDebaterposted 13 years ago

If religion was ever created to unite, I don't think the Muslims and Christians of today got the memo. They would rather have war than unite. Clear evidence that religion divides.

17. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

So many things in this world divide. Color and race. Ancestry. Wealth. politics. sports... hmmm time for a new question.. Does having ones own favorite sports team, divide or unite??  hehe.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    religion divides.
    spirituality connects.

by spirit we are connected to god.
    by religion we are divided by man.

examples of religion: Catholicism, islam, and all other non jesus groups.
    examples of spirituality: being born again by the power of jesus on the cross.

God says love one another (hes talking to the beleivers here) So god is concerned that we, the believers, be connected to each other and to him.. that is all.
    All the people who claim to believe in god and all the denominations of the world and all the false religions do not have to be connected to us at all.

In fact, false religions will never be connected to god and this is gods words not mine.

John 15:19 "If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you".

Luke 12:52   For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
      Luke 12:53 "The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law".

Some things naturally divide.
    Ephesians 5:11 "And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them".

Suck it up! Its a way of life.

18. profile image0
    klarawieckposted 13 years ago

In my opinion, religion unites people who think alike and excludes everyone else who thinks differently, unless they are willing to be brainwashed and join your group. The problem with this is that the more you practice the believe that "you're right and everyone else is wrong" the less tolerant you become when dealing with others. Religion is extremely dangerous. It has been the cause of all major massacres in our planet. Besides, they are completely unnecessary. God loves us inconditionally regardless whether you go to church or not, whether you belong to one religion or another.

19. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

Both.

20. LeanMan profile image81
    LeanManposted 13 years ago

Religion neither unites or divides, it is people!

21. SilentReed profile image81
    SilentReedposted 13 years ago

Stick around longer in this religion forum and you won't have to ask such a dumb question.

22. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

klarawieckIn wrote   
    In my opinion, religion unites people who think alike and excludes everyone else who thinks differently, unless they are willing to be brainwashed and join your group. The problem with this is that the more you practice the believe that "you're right and everyone else is wrong" the less tolerant you become when dealing with others

Jerami thinks ...

This part of your comment fits the description of behaveior of just about every group of people.
      To expect different religions to be any different than the rest of society would not be a reasonable expectation.

Maybe they should be dirrerent ??? ...  but they are not!

How many chess clubs etc need to go out and kill those who will not convert?

How many knitting circles get tax free status?

How many Judo clubs try and get the laws changed to suit wot their invisible super being wants?

How many countries were founded to get away from the control of a rival soccer club?

Odd you cannot see that the invisible super being makes religion nothing like any other group of people. sad

Defend the Faith!!!! lol

1. profile image0

I think churches are quite docile considering what is around them. There was a 'forgiveness day in canada' last month. God kinda brought you christmas LOL.. hehe. There is Gay pride day, wars, social unrest, inequality in society, injustice, lack of compassion for the less fortunate (monetary banks don't fund food banks or disability access centers) that churches tolerate silently. We rather move about seeking people who need help in so many ways. Chess, judo, knitting aren't the same minded, in fact most clubs stick to themselves, majorly speaking. This was a hard post to answer because of the way it was worded, i found it unclear, confusing and kinda like comparing apples and the chrysler building.
        Have a great day

2. profile image0
      klarawieckposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But religion is not created by God, but by man. It's like social security - you can't win!

23. Andrew0208 profile image57
    Andrew0208posted 13 years ago

Religion is the biggest disease amongst men. It's man made...Religion is neither God nor divinity.

1. Cagsil profile image70
      Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey Andrew, you are correct religion is neither, because neither "god" or "divinity" actually exists.

"god" is a metaphor, which I just said this same thing in another forum thread- it's about being a master of self.

24. aguasilver profile image71
    aguasilverposted 13 years ago

Of course religion divides, it separates the goats from the sheep, the wheat from the tares and those who believe from those who do not.

The revelation of Jesus Christ states:

Revelation 18:3-5 (King James Version)

3For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.

4And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

It divides, you just need to chose which side of the divide you wish to stand, and from these posts, we all have done that.

25. profile image52
    knightstarposted 13 years ago

Christianity, just as all religious traditions, are based on their holy books, supposedly divinely inspired. However, ALL religions in contemporary form, are corrupted due to misinterpetations of earlier accounts by recorders that did not understand the details of that which they conveyed. Even in its corrupted form religion has its good points in grounding Ones belief in something higher than themselves. Personally, I would never dissuade anyone from belief in God(s). If you look deeper you will find how every living thing is linked to the grand scheme of abundant life in the universe. I believe on or about December, 12, 2012 will reveal this ultimate truth to the world...

Knowing a bit of psychology cures the god myth. Funny how all the wonderful born again stuff is no match for self knowledge and a little access to subconscious processes that allow one to see the god problem and it's link to the primitive part of the brain as a defence against inevitable death.
      I prefer to be less deluded and happily live my life in love and wisdom.
      Neither of which are promoted by the bunch of psychotic sexist old goat herders who wrote the bible, or practised by many of their preaching followers. smile

1. profile image0

Got a proverb for that lol

what did ya think of my reply to your 38,000 churches?

What do I think of it? Your assumption was wrong for the source for starters (Misha left a link if I recall correctly) I thought he may be right too as I know there are more than 30,000.

What do you think of your chances of having been the genius who picked the right one? lol

1. profile image0

Is that all you got out of it? I checked for mishas link, couldn't find it. But the similarities may be noted as astounding. I bet it wasn't much different. Shame you overlooked what you didn't like to read.
            gimme my pearls back!

2. profile image0

Its amazing how a bunch of psychotic sexist old goat herders wrote proverbs. Its equally more amazing how these same unskilled, unlearned people who accurately recorded a book that has withstood through the ages cannot even compare to your LITTLE bit of psychology.

You are so way up there, id think you are shakin hands with god himself.

2. profile image0

What do you mean by this.. every living thing will reveal its truth, or the grand scheme of abundant life in the universe will show it is linked.. this is a vague sentence.

1. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
        Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Help me, I always dream in the name of religion!

26. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 13 years ago

Religion, town meeting , war ,poliics , football , the legal system , all invented by man .......and only man devides , for that is his purpose .The soul of man is devisive.......

27. profile image52
    JustForSissiesposted 13 years ago

I know of no religion that says "Everyone is right.". When you label something or someone as "wrong", you've divided. There's no getting around that. Well...I suppose you could say that "Everyone, including me, is wrong." but then you're saying that anyone who thinks they are right is wrong so...same difference. We're divided by nature. We are individual human beings. We want what pleases us, as individuals. Even when we want something for someone else, we want it because it will make US feel better to see it. Perhaps we could be united in understanding that we are divided?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)